Developing a universal module

More
12 Jun 2015 10:26 - 12 Jun 2015 18:38 #33912 by racemaniac
Replied by racemaniac on topic Developing a universal module

PhracturedBlue wrote: I am not sure what you are asking. There is a hardware mod for the 7e that provides 2 3-way switches (or the equivalent). If you want more, this can be done through the serial port if you can get the signals to PPM. The universal Tx board would be the wrong place to do this, and honestly the design is finalized. There isn't room on the board for anything more, and other than bugs, I don't expect any changes. the UniversalTx board can be fitted to a Devo7e, although it is certainly not plug-and-play.

Didn't think about the PPM option, that's indeed another way to solve it for the 7e.
And it's indeed far too late in the development of the module to make such changes. When reading up on deviation & the devo controllers, i read the remark of the devo 7e having too few channels returning often, and was thinking that as you're making a serial module to attach to the remotes, adding a few channels should be possible and might be useful :). But it's indeed too late to add (but maybe there will once be a next iteration of this ,and it's rarely a bad idea to share an idea you have ^^, even if it's not immediately useful :)).
Last edit: 12 Jun 2015 18:38 by racemaniac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2015 16:01 #33928 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Developing a universal module
Probably need to break off this convo in a new thread but one more question here first, just trying to gauge plausibility...

I've been looking for ways to add POT's and/or sliders to my 7E (to serve as independent channels, not just adjust the sticks / current channels on the fly). I didnt think about PPM in being an option, would I need to make it so the PPM stream going in had neutral position channels in the first 6 positions so that it could simply add the inputted PPM stream to the end of the existing channels from the Tx or could I just send the data as channels 1-x of the PPM stream (from whatever little module / device I came up with, most likely an arduino) and the Tx would be able to handle accepting the incoming PPM stream and move that data to the proper position in the output stream?

This could actually be a really cool option and you could go all out with it if you wanted, even wireless from a phone (but that's in the far future)

Just off the top of he head it could be something like this-
1. Install POT's and/or sliders (or simple switches if that's what you need)
2. Wire your new input's to arduino nano installed inside Tx case (just like an add-on module)
3. Arduino runs PPM converting code and output's on a pin you wire to the trainer port's PPM input
4. Setup MUX to mix in this data

Is that all that would be needed? A PPM converter for arduino is no problem at all as long as I can just send the date as the first few channels and the devo can reorder it as-needed for the output, if I had to offset the data to start at what would technically be channel 7 it might be a little harder to get setup.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
12 Jun 2015 17:36 #33940 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Developing a universal module
I would also vote for this idea to add channels, however the input pin on the TX should use a digital protocol, not ppm.
The tx transmits digital anyway, so why code a digital switch into ppm, then from ppm to digital to send over the RF link.
Indeed an arduino or whatever could connect switches pots and generate the stream.

But at some point still the best would be to have an universal ARM board with many features and run deviation on it. Zo w do not anylonger need walkera motherboard and can have plenty of pins and features speaker etc in the future.

More
12 Jun 2015 18:49 #33947 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Developing a universal module
Ok, I've started a thread for talking about adding extra analog inputs. I didn't make it 7E specific, as both the 6(s) and 8(s) have no other analog inputs, and personally I'd like a shoulder slider or dial on my 10.

So if you're serious, talk about it on deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/4442...-for-devo-tx-s#33945

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Aug 2015 13:10 #36680 by Mr_W
Replied by Mr_W on topic Developing a universal module
Hi, just wanted to get this thread back to the topic - what is the current status of universal module?

More
09 Aug 2015 01:02 #36694 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Developing a universal module
I have been traveling and haven't been able to work on it lately. I have what I think should be a final design, and have built the board, but it needs testing and that hasn't been possible yet.

More
11 Nov 2015 10:00 #39922 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic Developing a universal module
Hi all.

I have a problem programming t24 for this module. Please help if you can it would be much appreciated.

I'm using usbasp programmer with command promt
problem is with low fuse
i used fuses listed in "building multimodule" as follows
avrdude -p t84 -c usbasp -e -U flash:w:avr.hex
avrdude -p t84 -c usbasp -U lfuse:w:0xe2:m -U hfuse:w:0xdf:m -U efuse:w:0xff:m
all good other than " i get invalid byte value for lowfuse".

TIA

Bm

More
11 Nov 2015 10:14 #39924 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic Developing a universal module
sorted

Bm

More
15 Dec 2015 11:02 #40950 by unknown
Replied by unknown on topic Developing a universal module
its possible to order assembled device somewhere?

More
08 Jan 2016 16:19 #41507 by Fernandez
Might be stupid question, were can i find the full wiring diagram / sscematic for multimod with attiny and cc2500, nrf and a7105, also I need the hex file to burn on the attiny.
I am planning to upgrade my devo7e and connect 3 modules to to this small pcb.
Attachments:

More
09 Jan 2016 16:13 #41566 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Developing a universal module
The cad files are in the downloads in the left menu. I had trouble finding the hex a while back, and found it through the links menu in the repository. If needed I can pm it to you.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
09 Jan 2016 19:46 #41570 by mwm
The hex files are also in the downloads on the left menu, in the multimod section, in mulitmodv3.zip.

More
10 Jan 2016 11:56 #41590 by Fernandez
Ok thanks guys indeed I found it. Now need to study bit more to allocate all wiring formy modules to the pcb.

btw, I found this cc2500 module, anybody tried it?
www.ebay.nl/itm/CC2500-SPI-2-4GHz-Wirele...?hash=item1c5e490457

More
10 Jan 2016 19:39 #41607 by mwm
I believe I've got the PCB antenna version of that to try in my 6. Haven't done it yet, though.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds