Devo Loader. Now working Fully

More
03 Dec 2013 23:19 #16253 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Devo Loader. Now working Fully
this is just files needed to use loader+ hex.
You'll have to give me while to sort my edits to code. I use IAR ide, free version but could done using codewarrior lite.

i'm guessing serial loader would work without the need to alter Boot pins and Reset, Hold backdoor button and update simples.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2013 23:27 - 04 Dec 2013 10:20 #16254 by SadSack
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 10:20 by SadSack.

More
04 Dec 2013 10:42 - 04 Dec 2013 10:42 #16265 by SadSack
Only downside to this is that its windows only.
Now had a thought about that.

OpenBTL does have other ways it can work, update from flash. Deviation has USB built in all ready and not OS dependent. So what if we could use that instead. And with other Devo Tx's there so much more flash free so make boot area larger if needed and run it so we have option to load different Dev builds and go back to release build at will. Rename 'Protocol' folder to reflect Build number or keep folder for stock setup plus Dev folder. Maybe it could even be away round 7e limited space, remove options as needed but go back when needed.

Now I don't know if this is even doable but I see in Deviation code that bootloader can be deleted. Could deviation be used to replace loader so no need to open Tx or need any extra hardware.
But would mean no going back to Stock Walkera which I know would be a shame.

Oh I wouldn't be able to do any of that :) Hey I'm shocked I got this far.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 10:42 by SadSack.

More
04 Dec 2013 18:09 #16279 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Devo Loader. Now working Fully
Spent a night trying to elicit response from System Memory bootloader on Devo7E - no success at all.

Theoretically, you just need to connect BOOT0 to VDD - there is a conveniently broken out header inside of Devo - 2-pin 100 mil between plated holes - just between SWD header and RF module.

More
04 Dec 2013 19:12 #16282 by SadSack
I had serial loader working but it was very hit or miss, why I was glad I bought STlinkv2 don't have to worry about boot 1/2. And if you going to buy one chose one of ST Discovery Dev boards there's one on there and there so very cheap. Friend bought me F3Discovery and out the packet you have cheap Openpilot FC + STlinkv2.

More
04 Dec 2013 20:47 - 04 Dec 2013 20:48 #16283 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Devo Loader. Now working Fully
Phil,

How did you circumvented the software shutdown issue ?

You save the model before shutdown, I would rather not have to implement the power up/down circuit.

But just in case, I know PB posted a schematic some time ago, do you happen to have a link for it ?

Thanks
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 20:48 by blackmoon.

More
04 Dec 2013 21:25 #16285 by SadSack
Still think just a 'NO' button :) Yeah ultra high tech.

Devo10 power circuit can't put my finger to it this sec. When I get to it I'll add it to my eagle circuit and sorry Kicad not happening.

I've been looking at circuit for WK29-2801 and still think this could be very low part upgrade all be it few meters of wire. Will need to replace 16k flash.

More
04 Dec 2013 21:44 #16286 by blackmoon

SadSack wrote: Still
Devo10 power circuit can't put my finger to it this sec. When I get to it I'll add it to my eagle circuit and sorry Kicad not happening.

I've been looking at circuit for WK29-2801 and still think this could be very low part upgrade all be it few meters of wire. Will need to replace 16k flash.

:P I have installed Eagle just for that.

But still say "Eagle sucks :)", very low part I can fly with that, niarf.

More
05 Dec 2013 15:39 #16299 by SadSack
I'm hoping for a favor from a few people.

Up till yesterday I've been using Rugwarriors build of MinGW DeviationTX and very happy works fine. Until the limited space on 7e showed its face and different builds/Os gave different size code. So I tried sbstnp VM and worked out great and fixed something I still don't get why but I've no idea even how I'm to edited code in there.
So the favor if anyone can using windows mingw could you compile devo7e and convert elf to Srec Please ? OBJCOPY -Osrec devo7e.elf devo7e.srec. I'm hoping my install is just broken though I have tried many combo's today and can even compile to 115.86k. But loader does not like it at all but code works when loaded other ways.
Also I'm wondering even if mine is just one off broken install that I should be using same tool chain as Pb just to be on same page/results?

Thanks, Phil

More
06 Dec 2013 18:14 - 06 Dec 2013 18:14 #16339 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Devo Loader. Now working Fully

SadSack wrote: ...I still don't get why but I've no idea even how I'm to edited code in there

Give the PDF a read, the VM is sharing a folder with the host so you basically can use your favorite Windows editor for code editing (or learn vim, but I guess that's out of the question :)))

Shoot me a PM if you have other questions.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 18:14 by sbstnp.

More
06 Dec 2013 21:53 #16346 by blackmoon
My board is on his way :

www.ebay.com/itm/261095318207?ru=http%3A...095318207%26_rdc%3D1

Even cheaper than DX and faster to :)

More
06 Dec 2013 22:55 #16348 by SadSack
Looks good and basic. Circuit if you don't already have it.
arduinosolutions.com/upload/download/Cor...V_107V_207V_407V.pdf

More
09 Dec 2013 13:56 #16445 by SadSack
Honestly what you have done works very well. I'll only being doing minor things to code and notepad would do :). And yours is the only compiler I have that MicroBoot will work with. Everything I've done does not work. I've even installed Ubuntu 12.4 + arm-none-eabi-gcc 4.8.2013.11 with VM. The code can be loaded and run fine but I can't use MicroBoot at all to load code.

More
09 Dec 2013 23:07 #16458 by blackmoon
Thx for the pdf, didn't had it.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds