Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots

More
18 Nov 2013 00:30 - 18 Nov 2013 03:29 #15663 by WheresWaldo
Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots was created by WheresWaldo
Here is a start at the screen shots for the Devo10. I figured I could start there and then strip what is not necessary for the Devo7. When I am done with these I will start on the Devo8.
  • D10Menus are the top level menu screens from the Devo10.
  • D10Mixer are all the mixer screen from the Devo10.
  • D10ModelSetup contains all screen for Model setup from Devo10.
  • D10OtherScreens contains Trims, Timers, Telemetry, Main Screen Configuration.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Nov 2013 03:29 by WheresWaldo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2013 04:48 - 18 Nov 2013 04:50 #15666 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots
Devo8 screenshots, still missing a few will try to get them tomorrow.

I think this is everything but language selection and calibration screens. I cannot get the screen calibration screens to display on my Windows system. Each time the emulator tries it crashes back to the MinGW prompt (this is with beta 11 and all recent commits).
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Nov 2013 04:50 by WheresWaldo.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
18 Nov 2013 06:47 #15672 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots

WheresWaldo wrote: I cannot get the screen calibration screens to display on my Windows system. Each time the emulator tries it crashes back to the MinGW prompt (this is with beta 11 and all recent commits).

I will try this. I can take the picture from my Linux pc:
Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2013 08:59 #15673 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots
I do not have my Devo or the emu on hand yet. So, may be a bit confusing:

1. Even if I do not use the 'Standard GUI' there are no screenshots from this interface with the different sub screens included. So, ModelMenu.png should be renamed to ModelMenuAdvanced.png.

2. Adding ModelSetupCopy, ModelSetupReset and ModelSetupTemplate with a screenshot of the templates would be fine.

3. I am not sure, but some screens from PPMin like a sub screen with stick mode I cannot find.

4. On the TelemetryConfig at least one line with some input data would be helpful.

5. Do plan to show the channel monitor and telemetry monitor?

Waldo, if you want, I can add all during the next days?

More
18 Nov 2013 13:11 - 18 Nov 2013 13:19 #15677 by WheresWaldo

rbe2012 wrote: I will try this. I can take the picture from my Linux pc:

Thanks, is the mouse pointer really there on the Devo8 or should I remove it from the screenshot.

kreidler wrote: I do not have my Devo or the emu on hand yet. So, may be a bit confusing:

1. Even if I do not use the 'Standard GUI' there are no screenshots from this interface with the different sub screens included. So, ModelMenu.png should be renamed to ModelMenuAdvanced.png.

2. Adding ModelSetupCopy, ModelSetupReset and ModelSetupTemplate with a screenshot of the templates would be fine.

3. I am not sure, but some screens from PPMin like a sub screen with stick mode I cannot find.

4. On the TelemetryConfig at least one line with some input data would be helpful.

5. Do plan to show the channel monitor and telemetry monitor?

Waldo, if you want, I can add all during the next days?

1. I have never used Standard GUI so I will need to figure out two things, first how to enable it and then what screens are changed.
  2. If there is a screen for it, we will need it. I tried to go through most of the GUI but obviously I have missed a few screens.
  3. Some protocols do not have sub menus.
  4. We can always add data where it explains a setting, but I wanted to get all the screenshots first and only used the default settings. The default on this screen is no data.
  5. Yes.

Here is where my head is on this. The images should be of the default settings, the accompanying text should explain the options. If we try to use screenshots for every permutation then we might as well make a video rather than written documentation. Or do what Mikado does with the Vbar and have the docs as a series of HTML screen and web based only. I am open to all suggestions if we need a screen to clarify a complex setting.

I am not opposed to a web only version, it could easily lend itself to an epub version that could be sort of interactive. My big problem is that I am not good at all with HTML code.
Last edit: 18 Nov 2013 13:19 by WheresWaldo.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
18 Nov 2013 14:53 - 18 Nov 2013 14:54 #15682 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots

WheresWaldo wrote: is the mouse pointer really there on the Devo8 or should I remove it from the screenshot.

I have removed it from one picture, but seem to have overseen some... please remove it, we have no pointer on Devo6/8/12.

File Attachment:

File Name: Devo8-Touc....png.zip
File Size:12 KB

need to figure out two things, first how to enable it and then what screens are changed.

In model menu go to model config and change Mixer GUI to "Standard". Many screens change (including the model config screen).

Maybe we should make extra docs (or chapters) for the different protocols and their options. I believe they might be good to separate.

The idea of creating an "interactive" documentation sounds good, but I would highly appreciate to have also a documentation on paper. Maybe we can put links in the document itself which lead to other sections? This should be possible with many formats.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Nov 2013 14:54 by rbe2012.

More
18 Nov 2013 20:37 #15686 by kreidler

WheresWaldo wrote:

1. I have never used Standard GUI so I will need to figure out two things, first how to enable it and then what screens are changed.
  2. If there is a screen for it, we will need it. I tried to go through most of the GUI but obviously I have missed a few screens.
  3. Some protocols do not have sub menus.
  4. We can always add data where it explains a setting, but I wanted to get all the screenshots first and only used the default settings. The default on this screen is no data.
  5. Yes.

1. Accessing like written before from rbe. I also never use this but through the main page config menu 1 to 4 you can open most or even all of them. New D10Menu.zip attached. I will go through the menus to see what is still missing. Name proposal D10ModelMenuStandard.zip
2. I already did the shots and will add them with next post.
3. Misunderstanding NOT protocol I meant PPMin Teacher mode. I will do the shots and add them to ModelSetup.
4. Understood. Please reconsider if one line might be helpful for all explanations.
5. Your turn :)
Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2013 21:01 - 18 Nov 2013 21:36 #15688 by kreidler

kreidler wrote: 2. I already did the shots and will add them with next post.
3. Misunderstanding NOT protocol I meant PPMin Teacher mode. I will do the shots and add them to ModelSetup.

D10ModelSetup attached with 6 new screens. The Reset screen is not a real screen but in my opinion necessary to understand how to reset a model.

EDIT:

kreidler wrote: 1. Accessing like written before from rbe. I also never use this but through the main page config menu 1 to 4 you can open most or even all of them. New D10Menu.zip attached. I will go through the menus to see what is still missing. Name proposal D10ModelMenuStandard.zip

Now attached.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Nov 2013 21:36 by kreidler.

More
28 Nov 2013 16:36 - 28 Nov 2013 16:42 #15978 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Devo 12 Standard Mixer Screens
This is a peek at the screenshots for the Devo12 Standard Mixer. I am uploading the .psd file first so you see the process I am using. Once all the screenshots are each in their separate layer I can then save each layer as a .png (or any other format supported by Photoshop). I will zip the individual .png files later.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2013 16:42 by WheresWaldo.

More
28 Nov 2013 16:43 #15980 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo 12 Standard Mixer Screens
you should zip the psd file to upload it :)

More
28 Nov 2013 16:44 - 28 Nov 2013 16:45 #15983 by WheresWaldo

PhracturedBlue wrote: you should zip the psd file to upload it :)

Won't let me upload the zip either. Even tried it in a new post. Is there a physical limit to the amount of space for attachments?
Last edit: 28 Nov 2013 16:45 by WheresWaldo.

More
28 Nov 2013 16:45 #15984 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots
It is probably over the allowed 1Mb limit...

More
28 Nov 2013 16:47 #15985 by WheresWaldo

FDR wrote: It is probably over the allowed 1Mb limit...

That's it, it's 1.2 MB. Still sucks. :(

More
28 Nov 2013 16:49 - 28 Nov 2013 16:50 #15986 by PhracturedBlue
probably hitting the size limit then.
FYI, while I really appreciate the help, I'll likely need to convert your psd files int xsd (GIMP) before taking them. It is the same reason I use Open-Office instead of Word for the documentation. I strongly believe the entire design system should be open-source such that proprietary software isn't needed to do things like update documentation (even when the free tools are worse as they are in these cases)
Last edit: 28 Nov 2013 16:50 by PhracturedBlue.

More
28 Nov 2013 16:54 #15987 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Release 3.1.0 Screen Shots

WheresWaldo wrote:

FDR wrote: It is probably over the allowed 1Mb limit...

That's it, it's 1.2 MB. Still sucks. :(

Why do you need all the screens in one file as layers?
Split them into separate files, and you can pack them into more less then 1Mb zip files...

More
28 Nov 2013 17:24 - 28 Nov 2013 17:26 #15989 by WheresWaldo

PhracturedBlue wrote: probably hitting the size limit then.
FYI, while I really appreciate the help, I'll likely need to convert your psd files int xsd (GIMP) before taking them. It is the same reason I use Open-Office instead of Word for the documentation. I strongly believe the entire design system should be open-source such that proprietary software isn't needed to do things like update documentation (even when the free tools are worse as they are in these cases)

I will split each screen out, but it is easier to work with one file and not 100. Why .xsd and not a more universal graphics format like .png (which could also be used on any type of web page).

FDR wrote: Why do you need all the screens in one file as layers?
Split them into separate files, and you can pack them into more less then 1Mb zip files...

The first sentence above explains my rational. don't really want to keep track of 100+ different files for all included versions, Also easier to find duplicates. Consider the differences on some of the Standard vs. Advanced mixer screens, in may cases it's the same screen with the addition of a left and right arrow button at the top right corner.

A quick question, why are the stick calibrations on separate pages rather than a modal dialog box?

I just wanted to get a quick sanity check to make sure I didn't forget any screens without saving each and every one.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2013 17:26 by WheresWaldo.

More
28 Nov 2013 17:28 #15990 by PhracturedBlue

WheresWaldo wrote:
I will split each screen out, but it is easier to work with one file and not 100. Why .xsd and not a more universal graphics format like .png (which could also be used on any type of web page.

For the same reason you use psd. The primary source (used for editing) is what I want in an open-source format. The final files will be compiled to whether is necessary (pdf, web, whatever)

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds