Some GUI Inconsistencies (dev build 3.1.0)

More
08 Dec 2013 15:44 #16406 by WheresWaldo
Some GUI Inconsistencies (dev build 3.1.0) was created by WheresWaldo
I am almost embarrassed to bring this up but from a user standpoint and a desire to see deviationTX look as good as it can I noticed a few things while playing with the model setups. What I am going to describe happens in many screens but I am going to only useg the Model Menu > Model Setup as an example (all from an actual Devo10 not the emulator):
  1. When selecting Model type, Heli has the corners clipped to fit the button (good) but Plane is rectangular.
  2. All the TX power setting are rectangular and should be clipped.
  3. PPM In has all but the None choice clipped.
  4. Protocol Selection: None, WK2801, WK2401, J6Pro, Flysky, Husban4, Skyartec, V202, TacticSLT, HiSky and USBHID should be clipped.
  5. # Channels are all rectangular and should be clipped.
  6. Mixer GUI are all rectangular and should be clipped.

That is just in the selections, the item names are also inconsistent throughout the GUI for example:
  1. PPM In has proper capitalization as well as Fixed ID, # Channels and others.
  2. Model name, Model type, TX power should also have proper title capitalization.

I would suspect the 7e has the same GUI quirks but do not own one. As I mentioned this is super minor and I did not want to clutter up the 3.1.0 thread with such a trivial matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Dec 2013 20:34 #16427 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Some GUI Inconsistencies (dev build 3.1.0)
Strange... it is there also in the Devo10-emu.
It looks like a general error somewhere in the gui. Only special values are rounded...

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
08 Dec 2013 20:49 #16428 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Some GUI Inconsistencies (dev build 3.1.0)
I have never noticed it really, but it is BY DESIGN...
The rounded rectangle marks those selections as "pressable" - a new dialog waits behind (like heli -> swashplate). The real rectangles are not pressable values (like plane -> ./.).
So maybe it could be changed to another, better visible difference, but it is used to most users like it is now.

More
08 Dec 2013 21:01 - 08 Dec 2013 21:02 #16431 by FDR
The buttons are rounded, the simple text selects are not.

Heli model type has options, so it is a button, i.e. rounded, but the plane has no options, so it is square, etc...

EDIT: Oops, I was too late...
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 21:02 by FDR.

More
09 Dec 2013 14:27 - 09 Dec 2013 14:30 #16446 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Some GUI Inconsistencies (dev build 3.1.0)
Let me ask an honest question and take no offense, was this intentional or did it happen and the explanation came afterwards?

There is a mask for the space and the mask has rounded corners changing one to square is too subtle to realize that the square ones means there are sub options. Why not make one type regular text and the other inverse text, it would be much more apparent to the user that there is a difference.

In the above usage you could get rid of the mask altogether since it could be a consistent visualization. Regular text (no options) & highligted/inverse text (sub options). You need to leave the <> since that indicates there are multiple values.

Please remember that I am a GUI user and not a programmer, and ease of use is where I usually side.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2013 14:30 by WheresWaldo.

More
09 Dec 2013 15:46 #16448 by FDR
Inversion is used to indicate the actually selected item...

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds