Toggles (proper ways to add more)

More
03 Jan 2014 14:54 #17839 by WheresWaldo
Toggles (proper ways to add more) was created by WheresWaldo
I recently read a post by PB where he explained the rationale behind Toggle0, 1, 2, 3. I guess it wasn't obvious to me but it makes a lot of sense, I already know that toggle3 is kind of a free for all with regard to adding toggles, but if we wanted to add more would deviation accept toggle4.bmp as a valid file.

It seems that each of the toggles have 10 icons, so I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that toggle3 has the same limit. I would suspect that the toggle files could be like the model.ini files and as long as there is no gap in the numbering we should be able to add more toggle files.

I also might be the only one that wants this so I am posting this not only as a question, but also to gauge response as a possible feature request.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
03 Jan 2014 17:38 #17867 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Toggles (proper ways to add more)
toggle0.bmp, toggle1.bmp and toggle2.bmp have fixed toggles inside (the images can change, but the meaning of the icons at every position is predefined and deviation uses this for default configs and templates. So they should not be changed (or via pull request).
toggle3.bmp is also delivered with deviation, but inside are toggle icons for common use. You can be quite sure that the icons inside will not be removed, only new icons added.
More toggle icon files are not recognized. Esp. your assumption that they are simply numbered as the model files and all read is (at least for now) wrong.
Every toggleX.bmp has a height of one toggle icon (11 pixels for b/w screen, 31 pixels for color screens). The width must be dividable by the width of one toggle icon (bw: 8, color: 32). Its width defines how much icons can be found inside.
So if you want more toggle icons, make the toggle3.bmp-image wider by the number of pixels per toggle icon, paint inside the free area and you can use this new icon. You can do this until a maximum of 63 toggle icons is reached.

More
03 Jan 2014 20:05 #17883 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Toggles (proper ways to add more)
I know toggle0-2 shouldn't be changed, but I was thinking about layouts and special cases where you have maybe added functionality of a 3way switch but there are only two existing icons, or like the video stuff that goebish added could use an icon. I wasn't sure about the base 64 on the icons, just guessed at that from reading the model.ini files with toggles.

Since apparently I can add another 50 or so icons to toggle3.bmp maybe I'll do up a bunch.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds