Throttletrim

More
26 Apr 2014 14:45 #22734 by @txt2
Throttletrim was created by @txt2
Hi,
there are so many options to assign a trim control in the Deviation 4.0.1 but what i would appreciate is a option to assign the trim to the High or Low end of the throttle stick. The advantage is to have a trim for the idle without changing the high end (mechanical stop of the carburetor). The Spektrum DX6i does work this way among many others. Do You see a way for a change in the program?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2014 19:36 #22739 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Throttletrim
Not the same, but I would try the following:
Make an "analogue" virtual channel using the throttle trims.
Make the throttle channel a complex mixer, and add a second page to it, which uses that virtual channel as the source.
Scale it down, and push it down with the offset, and set the mux type to max.

More
03 May 2014 12:53 #22860 by @txt2
Replied by @txt2 on topic Throttletrim
Hi FDR,
Thanks for your reply but as you say not the same.
As soon as you start using offset and scaling you are trading stick resolution (producing a dad band).
As long as the trim affects the center of the stick throw and not one of the ends you have got the mentioned problem.
The only help is to change the firmware. There must be a program-step where you can assign the trim to the high or low (and maybe even to the middle) end of the throttle stick.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this.
Best regards

More
17 Jun 2014 07:03 #24118 by rigidtdr
Replied by rigidtdr on topic Throttletrim
I would be very interested in this as well. The problem is, that you are unable to change the idle position of the carburetor conveniently, without changing the throttle output throughout the whole band. This is because the trim value is assigned to the whole throttle curve. It would be great
if the trim value would just change the Scale- value as long as the throttle stick position is between -100 and 0. (and maybe change the Scale+ value for a
throttle position between (0 and 100).
If anyone knew how to achieve this, I would very much appreciate it. Unfortunately I have no idea how to program, so I am unable to find a solution for this myself.
The whole deviation project is just awesome and I really love what has been achieved. The throttle trim is the only small concern I have with the transmitter, because I fly a lot of small cox engine powered airplanes with it and you always need to do small idle adjustments according to the weather conditions.
I really want to thank everyone who helped with the development of the deviation software, you are awesome!

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds