Any major updates since version 5.0.0 release?

More
19 Jan 2017 11:08 #58175 by richardclli
Hi everybody,

I have dropped off the forum for some time due to busy work. Now wanna to keep up what is going in current development.

I noticed that the lately build has horrible UI for Devo 12S. Can anybody point me any threads that follows this development? I think PB has initiates the change of UI architecture, but seems we need to figure out a way to beautify it, or maybe drive the development to support different UI plugin. Any ideas?

I also noticed that there are many new, fixes, enhancements for protocols. And vlad has made a fork to keep the pretty UI with new protocol development. Well another fork is hard to maintain in the future........

I think I start to have some free time to play around Deviation again from now on. See what can I contribute. I need some advice to see what should I start with, since I have not track what is going on for quite a long time. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2017 11:43 #58176 by FDR
Welcome back!

I think there are two areas, which would need serious actions: the new GUI and the devo.fs of the F transmitters.
The latter is more important, because the GUI basically works, just ugly and not really refined, but those who prefer the old one still can use Vlad's version.
However the stability issues of the devo.fs make those transmitters barely usable.

I planned to work on the GUI, but with my speed it would last forever.
At least I will upgrade to that to see, what can I do.
I'm in the process of refreshing my build environment: now I can build both my fork and the original with the docker and make pull request.
The only thing I can't do is more time... :lol:

More
19 Jan 2017 11:59 #58177 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic Any major updates since version 5.0.0 release?
Wow, what happened to the FS? Any threads that I can take a look? I think I can see if I can do anything to this. B)

More
19 Jan 2017 12:19 #58178 by FDR
It often doesn't save the changes, or gets corrupted all together...

Issues like this:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...o-f4?start=540#57855

More
19 Jan 2017 22:20 #58209 by victzh
Just to put it into context (I don't know how long ago you lost track) - Devo FS is a filesystem for very small storage where we can't afford to have blocks. It stores very small metadata along with the file and tries to compact the files so there is a free contiguous piece of storage. It is intended for devices with minimal storage - basically F-series Devos. It is not as reliable as tried and true FAT FS, sometimes it garbles file content an as we store some files quite often (e.g., tx.ini) if they're damaged the TX stops working.

More
21 Jan 2017 10:27 #58273 by richardclli
I see, so the Devo FS is a new development of the FS implementation so that this can be used to those device with small flash space (e.g. Devo F4), am I right?

More
21 Jan 2017 10:28 #58274 by richardclli
Can anybody point out which code file has its implementation? Just easier for me to start with.

More
21 Jan 2017 10:46 #58275 by FDR

richardclli wrote: I see, so the Devo FS is a new development of the FS implementation so that this can be used to those device with small flash space (e.g. Devo F4), am I right?

Exactly

More
21 Jan 2017 14:33 #58278 by vlad_vy
I think it is:
src/target/common/filesystems/devofs

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds