Incorrect note pitches in a certain octave

More
24 Jan 2017 08:52 #58341 by Muzzheng
Hi all! This'll be my first post, having just discovered Deviation and its marvellous capabilities.

I found this little bug while trying to program Fantasie Impromptu in the Devo 10 emulator (tested on both official and nightly). Didn't manage to find a thread on it, so here we go:

The pitch is suddenly shifted by around half a note when you play CX3 (third octave C sharp). As a result, the next couple of notes have slightly upshifted pitch.

At FX3, this note plays the exact same pitch as the adjacent note above it, G3 ( which is now the correct pitch). The remaining notes after G3 are then normal.

The other octaves don't have this problem. I'm pretty sure it's just this little patch of notes. Haven't got my newly ordered Devo 10 yet, so can't verify if this issue exists on the actual tx.

So yeah, a pretty minor niggle. Although it was enough to make the Chopin melody sound off in my violinist ears haha

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2017 09:19 #58342 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Incorrect note pitches in a certain octave
I've found only one wrong note in note_map[]: {"a4", 7080}, it has to be {"a4", 7040}.

More
25 Jan 2017 01:14 #58360 by Muzzheng
Replied by Muzzheng on topic Incorrect note pitches in a certain octave
Well, the sequence C3 CX3 D3 on the emulator software is certainly not what it sounds like on the piano. FX3 and G3, when played together, have the exact same note. Maybe someone else can verify?

• Rolf
  • Devo 6s, Jumper T8SG v2+ carbon
More
28 Jan 2018 22:17 #67234 by Rolf
I have similar experiences with an unopened Devo 6s running dev 5.0.0.
After several correct notes the melody is incorrect or ends abruptly.

This will be a bug. A proper test would be a proper c-dur-Tonleiter across the full distance.

I also noticed that the functionality in the telemetry config menue (Ent on target values) does not show the time delay as stated in the user manual.

Walkera Devo 6s, 7e and 10, Jumper T8SG v2+ lcd, Brain 2, Spektrum satellites and SPM4649T

More
28 Jan 2018 22:37 #67235 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Incorrect note pitches in a certain octave
Time delay for alerts is only in nightly builds.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

• Rolf
More
29 Jan 2018 16:35 - 29 Jan 2018 16:37 #67258 by Rolf
indeed, in the nightly builds "time delay" works correct at least in the emu.
But the played sounds are partly wrong as well in the emu of the nightly builds.
I attach a sound.ini, where the startup melody should be the coocoo-song-beginn.
But there is an octave-mistake.

Walkera Devo 6s, 7e and 10, Jumper T8SG v2+ lcd, Brain 2, Spektrum satellites and SPM4649T
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jan 2018 16:37 by Rolf.

More
29 Jan 2018 17:06 #67260 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Incorrect note pitches in a certain octave
I added line feeds to some notes and startup sound become quite different. I think every note should start at new line.

File Attachment:

File Name: sound.ini
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

• Rolf
More
28 Feb 2018 10:08 #67822 by Rolf
I 'm not sure, what is the correct separator for different sounds within a section (f. e. [shutdown]) and the separator before a new section. When using a hex-editor to look into the sound.ini-file of the standard and working sound.ini-file, i get the impression, that hex "0A" separates sounds within a section and hex "0A0A" initiates a new section.
Somebody "in this thread proposed the introduction of an additional "Return" for separating sounds within a section, which introduces additional hex "0D" characters.
Nevertheless, when introducing new sounds into my sound.ini-file it does not work in the expected way.
My question: What are the two expected separators for the parser in the deviation-software?

More
28 Feb 2018 10:22 #67823 by FDR
AFAIK all deviation ini files use Linux style line endings, i.e. the line feed character (LF = 0x0A).

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds