Settings in deviation to allow EZUHF on DSC Jack

More
11 May 2017 03:44 #62226 by Desode
Hello ,
I want to start by saying my apologies if this is on these forums some place and I am sure it is but I haven't been able to find it yet.

What settings in the software do I need to use in order to get a signal out of the DSC jack to my EZUHF TX?

I have been using a old Devo 7 for my EZUHF stuff, but I recently got a Devo 8s and the sticks are just so much better that I can never use the Devo 7 (Not 7e) again! It must be burned at the stake! LOL

I plugged in the EZUHF to the Devo 8s (deviation 5.0) and could not get it to work on one of my other aircraft that has EZUHF on it.

Do I need to set the protocol and other settings to get it to work?

Thank you all so very much for your time and your help.

Sincerely, Dez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2017 04:28 #62227 by vlad_vy
To get PPM out you need select the PPM protocol for your model. PPM protocol has several options for tuning PPM out.

More
11 May 2017 04:44 - 11 May 2017 04:44 #62228 by Desode

vlad_vy wrote: To get PPM out you need select the PPM protocol for your model. PPM protocol has several options for tuning PPM out.

Since I have all my EZUHF aircraft already set up and working with the Devo 7,,, if I want to start to control those same aircraft with the Devo 8s then when I would create a model for them in the Devo 8S, and I would select the protocol in the deviation software to just devo? and that is all I have to do to send ppm out the DSC jack then?
That is kind of what I am asking,,
What protocol he Craptastic Devo 7 use? Would that be just the devo protocol in the software? or one of the walkera protocols?

I am assuming that if I knew that and my EZUHF system is already set to it from the Devo 7 , then I can just dial up the same protocal on the 8s and plug into the EZUHF Transmitter and I should be good to go?

Thanks , Dez
Last edit: 11 May 2017 04:44 by Desode.

More
11 May 2017 04:59 - 11 May 2017 05:00 #62229 by vlad_vy
Any external RF module controled by PPM protocol, so you need select PPM protocol for your model to control EZUHF system. In most cases it will work with default PPM options.
Last edit: 11 May 2017 05:00 by vlad_vy.

More
11 May 2017 05:03 #62230 by Desode

vlad_vy wrote: Any external RF module controled by PPM protocol, so you need select PPM protocol for your model to control EZUHF system. In most cases it will work with default PPM options.

Ah, Ok,,, that makes sense, So when I make my model in the 8S I select the protocol at PPM!
That makes sense.
I will give that a try vlad,, Thank you so much! Fingers crossed! LOL

By the way I love this 8, The sticks are like butter!

More
21 May 2017 16:30 #62472 by Desode

Desode wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: Any external RF module controled by PPM protocol, so you need select PPM protocol for your model to control EZUHF system. In most cases it will work with default PPM options.

Ah, Ok,,, that makes sense, So when I make my model in the 8S I select the protocol at PPM!
That makes sense.
I will give that a try vlad,, Thank you so much! Fingers crossed! LOL

By the way I love this 8, The sticks are like butter!

Vlad vy, I just wanted to let you know that this was the fix I needed.
As soon as I set the protocol to PPM it worked right away with the external UHF module.

Thank's very much!

Now I am preparing to install my 4 in 1 module,, I believe the 8s uses the same steps as the 10 or 12e?

More
31 Jul 2017 06:17 - 31 Jul 2017 06:23 #63645 by Wene001
You have to solder one CSN line to a processor pin ( I prefer B3) on the 8s
The other two are soldered to TMS and TCK @ the pin header
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/modulelist/4-in-1_module
Last edit: 31 Jul 2017 06:23 by Wene001.

More
31 Jul 2017 06:31 #63646 by Desode

Wene001 wrote: You have to solder one CSN line to a processor pin ( I prefer B3) on the 8s
The other two are soldered to TMS and TCK @ the pin header
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/modulelist/4-in-1_module

I didn't have to do anything,, Just did what Vlad said above and it was good to go with all of my EZUHF craft.

I have 6 UHF aircraft and they l work wonderfully with 8S and the deviation software,

Sincerely, Dez

More
01 Aug 2017 15:43 #63666 by Wene001
my post is about installing the 4in1 in your devo8s

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds