Getting 7E Builds from Docker?

More
30 May 2018 08:22 #69473 by NathanBarguss
Getting 7E Builds from Docker? was created by NathanBarguss
Hi All,

After taking some time out of the RC hobby for family and life commitments, I'm heading back with my son, and trying to pick up where I left off, but I can't get a working build for the 7e out of the Docker Build chain.

I've my own branch on git, that I've not updated just yet, and a local merged copy with the upstream master, docker is installed (with Virtual Box) and I can build the targets, and the emulator, however I can't get DfuSe to recognise my 7e image as a firmware. Instead I'm getting it recognised as a library?

While trying to get back up to speed I seem to remember a comment saying the build chain is no-longer making correct images that will fit on the 7e.. but I can't find the post!

Unfortunately I don't have the hard drive with the docker image on it I've used previously. - Can anyone share a working VM, or help me get setup to build correct 7e firmware's again?

Thanks all!
Nathan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2018 13:01 #69479 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Getting 7E Builds from Docker?
Docker works fine for me here, also with 7e. What commands do you run to build the dfu?

More
30 May 2018 13:23 #69481 by NathanBarguss
Replied by NathanBarguss on topic Getting 7E Builds from Docker?
Hi!

Sorry I can't see your name :/

Created with this:
docker create -it -v /e/Dropbox/SourceCode/deviation-builds:/release -v /e/Dropbox/SourceCode --name deviation_build deviationtx/deviation-docker

Then:
docker start -i deviation_build

I extracted the generated zip file, but when I try to load it into DfuSe I get the screenshot I shared in the first post.

More
30 May 2018 14:14 - 30 May 2018 14:15 #69482 by Moeder
What is the output from the build process? You might just go into shell mode, navigate to the src directory run "make devo7e" and post your results here.
Last edit: 30 May 2018 14:15 by Moeder.

More
18 Jun 2018 07:51 #69661 by NathanBarguss
Replied by NathanBarguss on topic Getting 7E Builds from Docker?
Hi Moeder!

Thanks for the help with this, I had some time at the weekend to go back and look at the issues I was having with the 7e build, and I wasn't able to re-produce the issue! - I re ran everything from scratch, taking notes of what I was doing so I could post more detail... and at the end everything worked, and I had myself a dfu file I could flash successfully!

I think it's a case of the problem being more to do with what's in the chair than what's in the computer!

Thanks,
Nathan

More
18 Jun 2018 12:42 - 18 Jun 2018 12:42 #69665 by Moeder

NathanBarguss wrote:
I think it's a case of the problem being more to do with what's in the chair than what's in the computer!

That's the reason why I hate computers. Well, at least I decided against making my living depending on them :P
Last edit: 18 Jun 2018 12:42 by Moeder.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds