Waiting for safe state before starting Tx

More
16 Aug 2012 04:42 #1116 by PhracturedBlue
Waiting for safe state before starting Tx was created by PhracturedBlue
I've been thinking about how to implement the 'safe' state capability before switching models or starting the Tx.
My Devo7 requires throttle to be all the way down and the THold and FMode switches to be Up to turn on

ER9X requires throttle down and all switches up (or press a button to bypass)

Any thoughts on the requirements for Deviation?
Remember that there is no guarantee that switches are mapped to the same function as their label says.

I'm leaning towards the ER9X solution. Require throttle down and all switches up, or press a button to skip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2012 04:48 #1119 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Waiting for safe state before starting Tx
We could actually make this configurable from tx.ini. That would be pretty easy.

We could also make a config page somewhere that lets you select the relevant input states to enable startup. That kinda feels like overkill to me though.

More
16 Aug 2012 04:51 #1120 by FDR
As I've already wrote somewhere I would allow the throttle hold to be switched on, but since there is no dedicated throttle hold switch nor a dedicated function for it, I would rather watched the throttle channel output instead...

More
16 Aug 2012 05:11 - 16 Aug 2012 05:11 #1121 by PhracturedBlue
Are there any models where they are dangerous to switch on with the throttle output at 0?
I mean there are are vehicles without throttle (gliders) but they aren't exactly dangerous unless they are already in the sky.
If not, it seems like checking the throttle output is a simple solution.

I guess the only risk would be some case where the output mapping isn't known (or varies). The V911 uses AETR (whereas I believe the Flysky Tx is usually setup for EATR), but Thr is still 3, so it would still be ok.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2012 05:11 by PhracturedBlue.

More
16 Aug 2012 07:56 #1122 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: If not, it seems like checking the throttle output is a simple solution.

I wouldn't call it simple! :)
The more problematic ones are with more than one throttle channel: twin (or more) engine planes, tanks, ships...

More
16 Aug 2012 13:30 #1123 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: If not, it seems like checking the throttle output is a simple solution.

I wouldn't call it simple! :)
The more problematic ones are with more than one throttle channel: twin (or more) engine planes, tanks, ships...

So...'safe' could very well be dependent on the model being loaded.
I think I'll implement it as fully configurable (without a GUI control for now) defaulting to the RX 'THR' channel.

More
26 Nov 2012 23:06 #3264 by MatCat
Replied by MatCat on topic Waiting for safe state before starting Tx
Most ESC's when they see a HIGH throttle assume programming state as well. What ever is available a bypass shoud be available as well for that very reason.

More
27 Nov 2012 00:29 #3266 by PhracturedBlue

MatCat wrote: Most ESC's when they see a HIGH throttle assume programming state as well. What ever is available a bypass shoud be available as well for that very reason.

This was implemented long ago. it should meet your needs

More
27 Nov 2012 01:37 #3267 by MatCat
Replied by MatCat on topic Waiting for safe state before starting Tx
What I get for not looking at post dates :)

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds