Current state of Deviation development

More
04 May 2019 09:14 - 04 May 2019 09:16 #74220 by Chunkulator
Current state of Deviation development was created by Chunkulator
Hi,

I am new to DeviationTX and am considering doing some development, specifically:
1. Making Failsafe work properly for AFDHS 2A protocol on Jumper TSG8 plus (failsafe can't currently be selected even though I can see its been implemented for the AFDHS 2A protocol in the code).
2. Making Deviation run on the Flysky/Turnigy i6s transmitter.
3. Adding some features specifically designed for combat robotics.

The Jumper TS8G plus transmitter seems to only be in the 5.0.0 branch but not in main, but I can see there's active development in master too. Should I be considering making these changes in the 5.0.0 branch or in master? I'm not sure what the branch discipline is for the codebase.

Any other suggestions on how to get started with these changes?

Thanks!
Last edit: 04 May 2019 09:16 by Chunkulator.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2019 10:16 #74221 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Current state of Deviation development
1) Failsave AFHDS2A it works for me, you have to configure and set the preferred failsave/safety value separately in each channel.

Indeed would be handy if we can just have a general set failsave function, place stick switches into designated position, press set failsave and all safety value are set, at button press.

More
04 May 2019 10:59 #74222 by Chunkulator
Replied by Chunkulator on topic Current state of Deviation development
Which version are you running? In the most recent nightly 8eded0b for TS8G plus, when you go to the failsafe option for a channel it is stuck in the off position. Pushing the left or right buttons fails to turn it on.

More
04 May 2019 12:00 - 04 May 2019 12:04 #74224 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Current state of Deviation development
Just tried it and I works for me, devo 7e 256 (should be very similar to T8SG builds), using latest nightly build. Default is off, press enter it change to value zero, then you can press + - button to change the value.

Still would be nice, if all channels could be set and stored to current status with one button press, set failsave function, or at least read and set current stick value, much less risky then setting a manual value.
Last edit: 04 May 2019 12:04 by Fernandez.

More
04 May 2019 12:23 #74225 by Chunkulator
Thanks! I didn't realise I had to hit "enter" to change the value from "off". That's different to every other setting I've encountered so far in Deviation.

Agree a bulk / all channels at once failsafe page would be quite handy.

Opinions on whether its possible to make Deviation run on a Flysky i6s? Hardware details are here:
fishpepper.de/2016/09/15/openground-part-1-components-pinout/

Main issues I can see:
- Only 128k flash
- No SPI flash
- Touch screen instead of cursor buttons

More
04 May 2019 16:57 - 04 May 2019 17:02 #74226 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Current state of Deviation development
CPU is pretty restrained for deviation to be honest. Devo7e build which already misses some features needs almost all of the 128k and has 20 k of RAM. Some code is loaded to ram on demand (4K reserved for that), so we‘d run into additional RAM issues with this 16k cpu.

Edit: also we need spi flash to store this extra code in module files, which is not possible. So you‘d have to stick with very limited features and protocol set to fit flash only. I don‘t think it is worth the effort to be honest, with so many cheap options in different form factors running deviation already. Still, active development is always welcome. Checkout the wiki pages to get started, and also read your pm.
Last edit: 04 May 2019 17:02 by Moeder.

More
04 May 2019 23:32 #74230 by Chunkulator
Cool. Thanks for the advice. That's exactly the sort of "insiders perspective" I was looking for before embarking on a fool's errand.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds