Replacement for a Devo 10

More
07 May 2020 07:43 #76261 by billmester
Replacement for a Devo 10 was created by billmester
Dear Friends,

I am an old time fan and user of the Deviation firmware, running it on my trusty Devo-10 (actually on 2 of them).
Now 6 years of heavy use are starting to show on gimbal precision... So maybe it is time for a change.

But for what?

I like and I got used to Deviation and I want to keep using it.

What should I choose from the currently available products on the market? Please share some experience (and pictures if possible of how Deviation looks like on the TX).

Thanks a lot!

Janos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 05:20 #76288 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Replacement for a Devo 10
Hi Billmester,

some time ago i found a information here in the Forum. Somebody take out the Potis and installed Hall Sensors: forum.rcdesign.ru/blogs/198531/blog23108.html

Translated: translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=au...23108.html&sandbox=1

Greetings
Dirk

More
12 May 2020 17:18 #76304 by Mack775
Replied by Mack775 on topic Replacement for a Devo 10

More
22 Feb 2023 03:25 #78230 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Replacement for a Devo 10

billmester wrote: Now 6 years of heavy use are starting to show on gimbal precision... So maybe it is time for a change.

You can actually install new (full) Devo 7 gimbals in your Devo 10.
Plug and Play unscrewing the old ones, putting new gimbals into the chassis and rescrewing all screws.

Had to do it myself when the TX fell out of an aluminium box and crashed onto the hard floor with the top side (sticks) first.

I don't have any problems after recalibration of the sticks.

So my advise: Look for a cheap / never used Devo 7 or find a dealer which may has a corrupted Devo 7 (doesn't turn on, board SMD issues) but can make you a good offer to sell you all the rest (which is still brand new like gimbals).

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds