Jumper T8SG V2 builds

More
09 Mar 2019 16:41 #73286 by Alr
Replied by Alr on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds

clips wrote: anyone can help me please, i upgrade T8SG for the lastest firmware and my H36 can,t be bind, but working on irangex ir8m with the same protocol EO01

We have the same problem, mybe the protocol has been change but ur firmware has been update still not working for H36...ehm... anyone can help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 00:46 #73729 by old4570
Replied by old4570 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
FW - V5.0.0-2e25950 Flake'y ... ( NQR )

My Tx turns off sometimes for no reason ( not by design ) , this be bad ju-ju !

More
06 May 2019 23:46 #74254 by k1dodson
Replied by k1dodson on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
hey there, i actually had the same issue, but recently attempted to update from v1 to v2 firmware, as i have the original i8x-ir8m and for what ever reason mine was stuck in dfu mode, so i figured that if i update firmware, perhaps the issue would correct itsself through correcting any damaged files or currupt ones. Well after carefully updating the transmitter, i then disconnected, and then powered back on and noticed that 1. the splash screen came up looking like the screen was damaged with blotches of what looks like ink in no particular order, but when i power off and on into dfu, or usb mode screen again looks perfect, also my win10 doesnt recognize my ir8m any longer , but the defuse program does still recognize it, and since attempted to reflash firmware, and like the 1st time around , the defuse programs read that firmware was succuessfully flashed. any ideas what i did wrong or what i can do to fix the issue,, thankx

More
23 Jul 2020 18:47 #76605 by alphasierra
Replied by alphasierra on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
so what im gaining from this is that i have a $100 paper weight... all i wanted to do is fly a damn plane, everythiong else is together. i can autonomously run missions and film but i cant use my damn remote control.

More
24 Jul 2020 03:20 - 24 Jul 2020 03:24 #76607 by fmurray
Replied by fmurray on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
K1dodson,

Check my recent thread under general discussions "Jumper T8SG v3 plus - killed display". It might be the same problem. My display looked like that.
Last edit: 24 Jul 2020 03:24 by fmurray.

More
24 Jul 2020 10:43 #76608 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
ALL new T8SG's or Radiomaster TX8's do NOT have OLED screens and so you must NOT use the PLUS version of the code. Use the standard T8SGv2 build and you will be ok.

IF you get a message about your drive being unreadable or damaged you need to install a special build first. Search my posts and you will find the details in the post I did regarding my failed T8SG carbon.

More
14 Aug 2020 18:21 - 14 Aug 2020 18:22 #76691 by tomy03ful
Replied by tomy03ful on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
Hi,
Can I follow somewhere what are the developments in t8sg firmware?
I updated the fw 1 months ago, and i don't want to update again if the development are not important.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2020 18:22 by tomy03ful.

More
15 Aug 2020 11:05 #76692 by propnut
There doesn't seem to be any further development. All the nightlies are just running on a cron job and are identical.

More
18 Aug 2020 11:13 #76697 by eried
Replied by eried on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
I am fixing stuff for my controller github.com/eried/deviation/commits?author=eried :P

People tend to forgot that the project is an open source project, if you want fixes or more development then they should start by trying to compile the code and add something. I do not think is dead, it is just slow due low contributions/low interest in general.

More
19 Aug 2020 13:22 #76704 by propnut
That's fine if you have programming knowledge but I would guess that most DeviationTX users do not. It would be great though if guys like you picked up the mantle and got it back on its feet again. Having an alternative to OpenTX provides choice and everyone likes choice.

More
19 Aug 2020 13:58 #76705 by eried
Replied by eried on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
The problem is that the current firmware fulfills my 100% needs.

I maintain a similar project that was kinda dying and now it is working ok but since everything is done for free you need at least that initial need.

More
19 Aug 2020 20:30 #76710 by propnut
Well I think a primary need for all of us would be parity on protocol support with the Multi-Protocol module used in the OpenTX world. That whole concept was born in this project but now has been outstripped in that one. Also better and more complete telemetry support. HEXFET kindly updated FlySky telemetry so that it works with the altitude module but that is in a special build that has NEVER made it into the nightlies which clearly shows there is no active development anymore. Nightlies should roll up all the bug fixes, improvements etc and finally culminate in a major release. There hasn't been one since 5.x and that was almost 4 years ago if not more.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds