Receiver for Devo 7e (with NRF24L01) for FPV Quad

More
25 Apr 2019 06:52 #74128 by GePunX
Hello everyone,

i'm pretty new to this board / to this topic.
I installed the NRF24L01 module into my Devo 7e to control some cheap mini drones which worked pretty well.
Now i want to get into FPV-Racing and wonder which receiver i need for my build.

I know there are threads about this topic already, but somehow i seem to miss some background information to completely understand them.
I read that the Devo 7e with Deviation can send for example DSMx protocol, does it mean that every Rx which reads DSMx protocol is fine for my setup? Or are there more things to consider? The flight controller i am choosing is the Naze32 Rev 6. Is the FC somehow important for choosing the Rx? Is the NRF24L01 helpful, so that i can choose from more Rx? I really want to understand this so that i know what i am doing, but of course i also appreciate an answer like: you need this Rx "..." :lol:

I would be really happy about some enlightment :huh:

Thank you very much!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2019 21:37 - 25 Apr 2019 21:38 #74134 by Khan
I never heard of a standalone receiver using a NRF24L01 Chip. You could stick with a DSMx Satellite ( www.lemon-rx.com/index.php?route=product...th=72&product_id=135 ) or a Devo Rx ( www.banggood.com/Walkera-RX-SBUSe-2_4G-1...__1&cur_warehouse=CN ). Both use the original CYRF chip of the Devo 7e.
I have used the DSMx Satellite with a Naze32 and a Devo 7e, but it can be difficult to bind. I personally would go for the Devo Rx.

For your other questions :
Does it mean that every Rx which reads DSMx protocol is fine for my setup? => Yes
Is the FC somehow important for choosing the Rx? => No
Is the NRF24L01 helpful, so that i can choose from more Rx? => No
Last edit: 25 Apr 2019 21:38 by Khan.

More
26 Apr 2019 12:27 #74143 by GePunX
Thank you very much for your answers.

I need to be honest, i couldn't wait for a reply so i ordered a Rx yesterday evening.
Now as i see your suggestions i'm not sure whether that was the right decision.
This is the one i ordered:
Banggood iRangeX RM601
But as this also uses DSMx and DSM2 i should be alright with this one?

More
28 Apr 2019 21:07 #74166 by Khan
You'll be OK with that Rx. Won't be as small and light as the ones I linked, but it will do the job.

More
23 Jan 2023 05:51 #78201 by jimy7
I downloaded the latest firmware 3.01 for DX8 and flashed it, now the question about the receiver IRangeX RM601 2.4G 7CH is available only the de pinned version if I buy it here , where can I get a pad with pins that I will solder myself

or as an alternative, what other DSM-2 receiver can I buy advise that it works stably and reliably up to 300m

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds