Buggy Icon for 7E

More
21 Feb 2015 12:45 #28963 by Epitaph
Buggy Icon for 7E was created by Epitaph
Hi guys!!

Has anyone made by any chance an RC Buggy icon at all? Reason being a friend is sending me his never-been-unboxed Team Associated RC18B2 and I would like to control it with my Devo 7E (I just can't get used to wheel and trigger car radios)

I would design it myself, but if "Stickmen 101" existed, I would fail it miserably... so if anybody happens to have one made, it would be very much appreciated. If not, then I'll just have to see what I can make to resemble a buggy heheheh.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2015 02:39 #29554 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Buggy Icon for 7E
OK, I finally found a way to get the GIMP program to save in RGB565, although I had to install a script and some palettes, then use other options for it to work. The result isn't exactly the best in the world, but if anyone wants to make any adjustments to it, they're welcome to it.

So here is my Team Associated RC18B2 buggy icon, all working on my Devo 7E, and I'll see if I can make it better as time goes by.
Attachments:

More
12 Mar 2015 05:59 #29589 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Buggy Icon for 7E
I can't see your icon at the moment, but how about taking something like this image
, removing the shadow, then just using "colours/threshhold" to convert it to B&W? Maybe add the "AE" logo to fill some space?
Thing with these low resolutions is trying to get an identifiable image, most images converted to two-tone and sized that small turn into a meaningless blob, so best to keep it simple and clean.

I've done some logos for my Tamiya Frog and Hornet (both running DSM2), but that's in colour and larger (96x96) on the devo 6s.
As my re-release Hornet came with a trigger'n'wheel TX, I'm actually starting to see the point of them after using it, but can't justify buying a compatible system to run my "vintage" Frog. I've tried to get clever with the programming on the devo to make it more car friendly (hard to get it into reverse after braking), but not having much joy.

More
12 Mar 2015 15:15 - 12 Mar 2015 15:23 #29597 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Buggy Icon for 7E
Well this is how the image came out so you can see it easily :)

As far as getting it into reverse after braking, I don't now anything about cars, and the few I've used were nitro, so no reverse hehehe. This is a first car for me, a gift from a friend, and I'm very much at the foot of the learning "hill" with them. But I would imagine you would have to set the throttle back to zero before reversing after braking (at least that'0s what I found with my little WLToys A999, but that's just a tiny toy and I don't know if all cars go like this). Why not set that value on your throttle hold button, so you flick the switch after breaking to get to zero, then release it to go into reverse without even moving the stick? It's just a case of setting the "Safety" value to zero on the throttle channel in the mixer menu, selecting the switch to be the Hold one (or any other you might prefer), and trying it out see if that helps.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Mar 2015 15:23 by Epitaph.

More
26 Apr 2015 21:01 - 26 Apr 2015 21:26 #31675 by cfl246tho
Replied by cfl246tho on topic Buggy Icon for 7E
looks really good to me, the earlier posted perspective view.
Here's the sideview. It's hard to reproduce any detail with these image constraints.

Quads: Syma X5, X11, X12; LishiToys L6052; NiHui U207, CG023; H7/SpaceTrek M9912; BayangToys X7; UDI U839/939; WLtoys V676; Cheerson CX205
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Apr 2015 21:26 by cfl246tho. Reason: clarify which post I was responding to, and a file

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds