Devo 12- Advanced

More
29 Jun 2013 04:42 - 29 Jun 2013 05:35 #11543 by Kdean
Devo 12 was created by Kdean
This is an advanced layout, within a model setup. It is fully functional and has been used on my simulator so far. This setup should also work with walkera 3axis rx's, and beastX units w/8ch rx.

Features:

Ergonomic display of all toggle switches. Toggles appear when switch is activated. You can see what switch is active with a quick glance of the screen.

Bargraphs, 5 in the center and 4 in place to represent the side dial positions. You have the space to add two more in the center for a total of 11 bargraphs on display.

Two small boxes at top to represent knob positions, but in this setup the left box shows pitch % and the right box displays gyro gain %.

If your mechanical pitch is set correctly (0° at center and ±10° atfull throw) you can see the pitch your blades are at - 0% = O° blade pitch or 54% = 5.4° blade pitch.

Also the upper left trim is set to control the pitch trim.

Gyro gain sent from ch5 is displayed in top right box. Three gain settings can be used and selected with the mix switch. The upper right trim is used to fine tune the tail gyro gain.

Throttle % display box with flight mode status toggle will display throttle in the 0% - 100% range. Flight mode toggle will let you know which mode you are in.

Throttle hold ready.

Expo and dual rates are setup but might need adjustments for your needs.

Countdown timer set to start with throttle hold off, and rest with the trainer switch.

Stop watch also starts and stops with hold switch but does not reset with switch.

Other boxes are in place but not assigned to display anything.

I will post some pics soon.

EDIT: gyro gain control should be on ch7/aux2
I'll make the changes, test in my v400d02, and re post the ini file.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jun 2013 05:35 by Kdean.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2013 05:02 #11544 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Devo 12
Pics of my layout/setup

Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2013 05:03 - 29 Jun 2013 05:08 #11545 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Devo 12- Advanced
Another pic

No toggles in use. You can see that the flight mode is at "off" throttle is at 0%. There is -2 deg of pitch in the blades. And my tail gyro gain is at 75%.

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jun 2013 05:08 by Kdean.

More
29 Jun 2013 05:12 #11547 by Kdean
Last one.

All toggles on. Flight mode is displayed, hold is on so throttle still at 0%. Now getting -10 deg pitch in main blades. Mix 1 is set for 50% gyro gain.

Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2013 08:10 #11551 by Kdean
I made some changes to this ini file and will upload the new version tomorrow. The trims are now in place sequentialy and the bargraphs have also been arranged correctly. I made the change to the gyro gain channel, now on ch7. I binded it with my v400d02 and everything is what it should be.

I'll be trying this out on my trex 500 using a 2801pro rx and BeastX fbl system.

Then i'll be using this with a telemetry system in a scale 600 sized MD500.

I also have a small plane so when i get around to setting that up in 12s i'll post a plane version of this layout/setup.

More
29 Jun 2013 20:42 #11593 by Kdean
I was thinking a first time devo 12 user would want to see all the buttons and knobs working. Thats why i started programing in some setup data so that the new user could see everything function.

My advanced layout/setup went a step further applying practical function to a layout. Makeing it more like a "bind and fly" setup that can be put to use with minimal programing. Maybe i should post them in the model config thread instead.

More
30 Jun 2013 01:41 #11602 by Kdean
Here is the updated model ini file with this advanced devo12s layout.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds