Advanced GUI only with telemetry
63 81.8%
Standard GUI only without telemetry
8 10.4%
Neither would do
1 1.3%
I don't care
5 6.5%
Total number of voters: 77 ( mclarenman01, Wene001, LumpyLouis, rjmcewen63, cody ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
25 Apr 2016 18:19 #47177 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Saving the 7e
I can't anymore live without the telemetry......some beeps at low battery really usefull for me, once used that, can't anymore do without......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2016 03:02 #47284 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic Saving the 7e
I have a few ini files not using advanced mixers. I think I can convert those. Hence I vote for giving up the standard GUI. My 7e is full anyway, time to clean up. It would be nice if we can come up with a converter from standard to advance. How about we keep the standard GUI in emu_devo7e? We can still use standard GUI in emu. Then we make the saved ini files converted to/come up as advanced when used on the real thing.

More
27 Apr 2016 04:24 #47288 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Saving the 7e
You can convert a model config to advanced by simply changing the setting to it, however while it will work as usual, it wil have a structure, which is unnecessarily complex most of the time (i.e. at least for any non flybar helis).

BTW it is a good idea about the 7E emulator. It would be a bit misleading, since then it wouldn't "emulate" the 7E, but it already has such feature, the main page editor...

More
27 Apr 2016 04:51 #47289 by John-Boy
Replied by John-Boy on topic Saving the 7e
If you remove the Standard GUI you will not have a 'standard' model to 'convert' to the Advanced GUI?

More
27 Apr 2016 05:13 #47290 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Saving the 7e
I think if we remove the GUI option, all models would be presented as if they were advanced...

More
27 Apr 2016 21:27 - 27 Apr 2016 21:33 #47334 by wasp09
Just tried editing the ini file for my 4#6 from standard to advanced via the USB. It does not seem to make any difference in terms of controlling the heli. Hence we may remove the standard Mixer GUI code from the devo 7e by treating all ini files as if they are configured as advanced.

If we keep the Standard Mixer code on the emu, then we can use that to work standard stuff in case we can't figure out what it is under the advanced view. :)
Last edit: 27 Apr 2016 21:33 by wasp09.

More
01 May 2016 16:20 #47555 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Saving the 7e
It is time to make a couple decisions now that 5.0 is out. We literally have zero bytes free on the devo7e, so something is going to go. For the moment I'm disabling the standard-gui in the nightlies. It may come back as we start to add further space optimizing techniques, but this is the easiest thing to disable to get us some breathing room.

More
01 May 2016 23:23 - 01 May 2016 23:23 #47571 by wasp09
And I have ordered a devo 10, just in case my devo 7e falls out of support. :huh:
Last edit: 01 May 2016 23:23 by wasp09.

More
05 May 2016 22:52 #47844 by skretchmer
Replied by skretchmer on topic Saving the 7e
Wait! what? you can do 3 modules in a 7e without the multimodule board?

PLEASE, explain further.

More
05 May 2016 23:08 #47845 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Saving the 7e
read page 5 in: TOPIC: 3in1 / 4in1 RF module.

More
15 May 2016 15:31 - 15 May 2016 15:33 #48492 by sammy4703
Replied by sammy4703 on topic Saving the 7e

PhracturedBlue wrote: It is time to make a couple decisions now that 5.0 is out. We literally have zero bytes free on the devo7e, so something is going to go. For the moment I'm disabling the standard-gui in the nightlies. It may come back as we start to add further space optimizing techniques, but this is the easiest thing to disable to get us some breathing room.

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I'm finding that the nightlies don't appear to have the advanced-gui available?
Last edit: 15 May 2016 15:33 by sammy4703. Reason: add quote

More
15 May 2016 16:31 #48494 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Saving the 7e
There's a bug it appears. Several recent builds I tried enforce the standard GUI instead of advanced.

More
30 Jun 2016 15:40 #51217 by Torch
Replied by Torch on topic Saving the 7e
What is the outcome should we move to using Devo 10 or Devo 7e still supported on 5.0?

I am looking to use it for Blade 180 CFX helicopter, Nano CP S and Walkera Rodeo 150.

More
28 Aug 2016 17:18 - 28 Aug 2016 17:20 #53209 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Saving the 7e
i go with dropping both standard gui and multimodule support
Last edit: 28 Aug 2016 17:20 by cmpang.

More
28 Aug 2016 18:23 #53210 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Saving the 7e
Voted for 1st choice.
But I am for different modules which the user can select / choose / build himself what he wants to drop.

What is the point in having a transmitter which does not support telemetry?
What is the point using telemetry when your little heli, quad or plane does not fully support it (e.g lipo voltage) anyways?

What is the point in supporting the standard GUI when it seems not to be possible to fix the ELEV<->AIL Cyclic1<->Cyclic2 bug?
Templates and code for now either work for CCPM120 or FBL, but not both. NONE setting does not work in parallel to CCPM120 Cyclic1+2 input channel defaults.
So why even bother to support it when there is no real "FBL option" which drops all this Cyclic1-3 stuff?
IMHO people should buy an expensive Spektrum Airware transmitter - you will never outperform the newer DX18/DX9/DX6-8G2 Airwares which are more powerful than your standard mixer GUI.
On the other side almost every 1-2 week(s) a new heli thread is started "it does not work - what shall I do" or "I have no clue what to do in advanced GUI mode - I give up".

You can't do it right for all people at the same time.

Dropping multimodule suggestion? Yes, make the choice as compile / build include modules if that would free up space too.
Not all guys are interested in soldering solutions. On the other hand this 7E CYRF hardware diode mod is past. 4-in-1 modules are in.
But you can not drop it generally for all 7E users as they might give nothing on standard GUI, telemetry but they may need multimodule.

Is there any way to have the build system count how big the modules are, what the max space is so a user could do wisedom choices what he drops for his build and making priorities?

Looks like there should be more poll choices :-)

Just some 2cents

Thomas

More
08 Sep 2016 11:22 - 10 Sep 2016 14:35 #53629 by DaveyP
Replied by DaveyP on topic Saving the 7e

Looks like there should be more poll choices

+1 on that, lol

As a multi rotor fpv 7e user, I don't give a rats fuzzy about telemetry.... as everything I could ever wish to know is osd'ed right in my eyes, for my fun quads that are used indoors or los then if I ignore the timer I just let them fall out of the sky and bounce a bit :silly:

Edited :- removed rambling

I got switches and a 3 in 1, so new bottom line = I'll go with the flow, lol
Last edit: 10 Sep 2016 14:35 by DaveyP.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds