Scale and min max

More
28 Dec 2016 16:51 #57302 by Thickfog
Scale and min max was created by Thickfog
Hello,

I've read about this in the devo manual amd searched amd cannot find anything truly definitive that explains this well. I do see a lot of confusion about it.

Seems like a duplicate to travel adj or maybe even expo. Not sure. It just doesn't make sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2016 10:03 #57317 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Scale and min max
They provide similar functionality as the travel adjust, but the function is split into two distinct parameters the Scale (+-) and the Min/Max Limit.
The scale values just multiply the channel value (independently for the positive and negative values).
The min/max limit values limit the output value according to the set values, again independently for the positive and negative numbers.

The conventional travel adjust would do both, but deviation gives you more settings for that.
Set the min/max limit to protect your servos, and adjust the rate (not expo) with the scale values...

More
29 Dec 2016 13:53 #57322 by Thickfog
Replied by Thickfog on topic Scale and min max
Thx. So is scale similar to expo?

I guess I don't quite understand why one would multiply the channel value.

Or I keep thinking it's similar to resolution? With higher numbers giving more precise output for every given stick input?

More
29 Dec 2016 14:29 #57324 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Scale and min max
No, expo is not like scaling! Scaling is similar to rates.
Scaling is proportional in the whole stick range, while expo is exponential, and only effects the mid stick values.

More
29 Dec 2016 15:01 - 29 Dec 2016 15:02 #57325 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Scale and min max

Thickfog wrote: I guess I don't quite understand why one would multiply the channel value.

What kind of models do you fly? Multis don't have much (any) use for scaling really, nor do planes with flight controllers but once you get into high servo-count planes with things like differential ailerons, crow / duck braking, servo controlled spoilers or things like that you'll quickly realize why people need scale.

Its also the way you mix control surfaces like say elevons on a flying wing, your AIL & ELE sticks each need to be scaled (them combined) into one channel output (well actually two channels, one for the right control surface one for the left wings control surface)

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 29 Dec 2016 15:02 by Cereal_Killer.

More
29 Dec 2016 16:50 #57333 by Thickfog
Replied by Thickfog on topic Scale and min max
Maybe that's why I don't get it. I fly helis, multis and basic 3 servo 3d planes.

More
15 Jan 2017 13:21 #57971 by Quadman
Replied by Quadman on topic Scale and min max
Thanks for this information Cereal Killer as being new to deviation I to was struggling a bit with this one. I only fly multi's and understand that its significance is to some extent superficial but its handy to be able to understand it fully as some of my birds either have stupidly high rate yaw or not enough so being able to adjust these settings and understanding the full functionality of your inputs is a valuable asset :)

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds