Safe arming with 2 switches

More
06 May 2019 08:17 - 06 May 2019 09:30 #74250 by gpo123
Safe arming with 2 switches was created by gpo123
I have setup my Taranis to use safe arming with two switches just like JB explained it in his video:
Safer Switch Arming on FrSky Taranis

For convenience I wanted to get this working on my Jumper T8 too. I also wanted to explore the possibilities of the virtual channels and the complex mixers. After an afternoon fiddling around I came up with this solution:

[virtchan1]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=!THR
dest=Virt1
switch=SW H1
usetrim=0
curvetype=min/max
points=98
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt1
switch=SW H0
scalar=-100
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

[virtchan2]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=SW D1
dest=Virt2
switch=Virt1
scalar=-100
usetrim=0
curvetype=less-than-0
points=0
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt2
switch=SW D1
scalar=-100
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

What it does: It is arming the model if both the shoulder switch H and switch G are triggered simultaneously and the throttle is below -98 at lowest position. The motor disarms immediately when switch G is put back in the middle position. You can change the disarm behaviour to a two switch disarming if you don't put in the second mixer on virtchan2. In this case the model will disarm when switch G is the middle position and shoulder switch H is flipped. The output of virtchan2 is 100 if the model should be armed and -100 to disarm. If you want to use it as a safety switch in a channel then you must invert the output of virtchan2:

[channel3]
safetysw=!Virt2
safetyval=-150

There are two caveats: Firstly, I have changed the shoulder switch H on my Jumper T8 to a momentary switch, just as it is on my Taranis. My solution is only practical if you use shoulder switch H as a momentary switch: Flip it for arming then set it directly back to the default position. Secondly this won't work for inverted flight modes.
Feel free to comment if you have ideas to implement this feature in a more simplistic way. But bare in my mind that this was my first dealing with complex mixers and virtual channels.
Last edit: 06 May 2019 09:30 by gpo123.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2019 14:18 #74252 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Safe arming with 2 switches
gpo123,

I am using more or less the same principal, I use a shoulder switch G, as motor switch, (to switch for some autorotation).
But arming/disarming I use the throttle trims as safety switches. Trim up = armed, trim down = disarmed.
I do not check if the throttle is fully lowered, as I use mainly 3 governor speeds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds