Need Devo10 mainboard

More
10 Apr 2017 06:16 #61326 by mj666
Need Devo10 mainboard was created by mj666
Does anybody has an broken Devo10 laying around and want to sell it for spare parts at a reasonable price. I will also pay for shipping. Ideally it should come from Germany or Europe. I have an Devo10 in nearly new condition. Only used as backup and for testing for the last 1-2 years and I have broken my USB port without being able to fix it. Likely the contacts inside the USB connector are ripped off. Please let me know. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2017 07:11 #61328 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Need Devo10 mainboard
You can't fix it?
Not possible for you to replace the whole connector?

Mind to post a picture?
Maybe there's something I could do.

More
10 Apr 2017 17:37 #61351 by mj666
Replied by mj666 on topic Need Devo10 mainboard
I have already tock apart the Devo and checked. I also resoldered the PCB connections on the board where to USB connector is mounted. The contacts of the USB connector are not visible before the PCB with the USB is removed from the mainboard. There is still a low possibility that the USB of the MCU pins are dead but this is unlikely. the problem came up when I forgot the USB cable and ripped on it by moving the Devo. Till now the Devo is still working but firmware updates and configuration changes via the computer are not possible. A new mainboard would be a more save way. I will take a looks again into this and likely try to remove the PCB with the USB and try resolder the contacts.

More
10 Apr 2017 23:38 #61364 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Need Devo10 mainboard
USB socket failure after mechanical stress is quite common.
I'd get a replacement socket for 10 cents and change it.

More
11 Apr 2017 05:57 - 11 Apr 2017 05:58 #61371 by mj666
Will take a look again next days. Likely the USB connector is still ok and the internal contacts need to be resoldered only. The connector case is still sitting tight on the board. Many thanks for proposing your help.
Last edit: 11 Apr 2017 05:58 by mj666.

More
13 Apr 2017 17:46 - 13 Apr 2017 17:48 #61437 by mj666
Finally I unsoldered the board with the USB connector from the mainboard and as already expected the contacts of the USB are all disconnected from the PCB. After fixing this and put everything back together the DEVO10 is working again.

Since the U.FL connector from the antenna was not in a good shape I also modified the antenna to an 5dBi version. I removed the antenna out of the base and cut the base off by 2mm. Into the hole I glued the SMA connector to mount an regular 2.4GHz 5dBi WLAN antenna. I used 2 component epoxy glue for this. The Devo was already modified with the 4in1 TX module. Now the range should be the same as the white version of the DEVO10. This MOD was already on my list fro a while and I already had all components at home.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2017 17:48 by mj666.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds