CB100 Hotrod Edition, Please HELP :(

More
10 Jan 2013 03:51 - 10 Jan 2013 04:09 #4876 by SamtheMan
CB100 Hotrod Edition, Please HELP :( was created by SamtheMan
I will PAYPAL Beer money if you can help me fix this! :woohoo:

First let me say, I am a noob. I bought 5 walkera helicopters this week from wowhobbies.com moving up from MCX2 and MSR. Very little experience, first helicopter was a cheap drug store heli for XMAS.

I bought the Devo 8s, and got this helicopter
www.wowhobbies.com/169salewextrafreebatt...n-1-3-2-3-1-2-1.aspx

It is a CB100 with a new 2600 programmable receiver. It takes a WK2801 or WK2601 radio. I did not buy one, I only have the Devo 8s with this firmware. I downloaded the model config, noticed it was set for 2401, changed it to 2601, and it controls the servos, and the main blade, but the tail motor will not spin up, fresh out of the box. I am too new to know if I got a DOA helicopter, or if the settings for the CB100 are not correct, since all I did was download the CB100 config from the forums, and change the radio type from 2401 to 2801.

PLEASE HELP. I know its a PAIN when these things are DOA, they always think we broke them, but I have NEVER flown this thing, and I have NEVER seen the tail motor work. I spent $300 bucks on this dang thing, really hope its a setting that I am missing. I will really appreciate help. :( I need to know if I need to complain, or simply change a setting. I know if I tell wowhobbies I am using a DEVO 8s with this helicopter they are going to blame me, and not do a thing. And now that I didn't buy a 2801 with the heli, its like 150 instead of 100 extra.

I really need help here guys, because I am a huge NOOB.

UPDATE:
Ok I put it in 2601 mode, and the tail motor is alive! But it has a mind of its own! With the heli parked, every 2 seconds or so the tail motor spins, also holding right rudder does nothing, and left rudder makes it spin up. When in flight (havn't taken off yet, but with the elevetor on) holding left the tail motor goes faster, holding partially right the tail motor stays spinning, holding it all the way, it completely stops! Ack!

UPDATE 2:
Bound again, with 2601 mode, tail motor back to not working. It defiantly works, this is clear a setting issue.

Can someone with experience PLEASE help me configure my CB100 hotrod, I am very inexperienced and have no clue what to do to fix this :( I will paypal some beer money to someone who can work with me to fix this!

i'll be on checking back in for awhile tonight, often. really would love to fly my new $300 heli, just don't know what I'm doing with this firmware
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 04:09 by SamtheMan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2013 05:30 #4881 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic CB100 Hotrod Edition, Please HELP :(
Well, I've got only a simple CB100, but it is also known for spinning up the tail too late.
Before left off, it would spin on the ground. To prevent this, you should very slowly increase the throttle, while adding a full rudder until the tail spins up...

More
10 Jan 2013 06:06 #4882 by SamtheMan
Replied by SamtheMan on topic CB100 Hotrod Edition, Please HELP :(
I noticed the delay, but if I go full right, it turns completely off. That cant be right. Really frustrating, want to fly this thing, and I didn't buy a WK radio for it, just hoping to get the devo to work.

Thanks

More
10 Jan 2013 08:00 - 10 Jan 2013 08:47 #4884 by SamtheMan
Ok so I used a different config, and now motor spins when rudder right, and stops for rutter left. This can't be right. Why would the tail motor not spin when given left rudder?

UPDATE: Tested my Super FP, both with Deviation and a 2402 radio they preform the same, the tail motor barely spins unless going right. Is this just normal with Walkera? This is my first day with Walkera Helis...
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 08:47 by SamtheMan.

More
10 Jan 2013 08:59 #4885 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic CB100 Hotrod Edition, Please HELP :(
Right rudder should spin the tail faster, while left rudder should spin it slower.

However the tail is controlled by the gyro, and while the heli doesn't move (because it's on the ground or in hand) it won't neccesarily control the tail, since it thinks the actual rpm is proper because the heli isn't turning.

Try to keep it in hand, spool it up a little, than turn the heli left an right quickly. It will try to counteract this moves with spinning up the tail, or even stopping it in the other direction...

More
10 Jan 2013 10:43 #4892 by SamtheMan
Ya after research I am thinking this is just might be normal behavior...still kinda confused i have to use 2601 even though this heli supports 2801, but at least 2601 is working. Loving controlling my Blade copters with this radio too, wishing I didn't buy a Spektrum radio day 1 oh well, can use it for the flight sim...lol... hmm off question, does this firmware work with Pheonix Flight Sim?

More
10 Jan 2013 11:08 #4893 by Joshua
Replied by Joshua on topic CB100 Hotrod Edition, Please HELP :(

More
13 Jan 2013 02:40 #4953 by SamtheMan
Anyone own the CB100 "Hotrod" edition from Wowhobbies, with the 2605A? I am not having luck getting Deviation to work with it, and have yet to get to fly this, I didn't buy a WK radio, just figured Id use my Devo8.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds