Elevon mix help please

• stevecox
  • stevecox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Keep swinging
More
12 Jan 2013 21:33 #4950 by stevecox
Elevon mix help please was created by stevecox
I have tried, I just cant get my head around it. I have been using er9x on the old turnigy 9x for a while now and thought I could grip deviation quite easy. I have been through the manual, through the v-tail mix & elevon setup on that post here, but I just cant get it right. That elevon ini file gave me the ele/ail sticks wrong way around - my trying to fix it screwed it up. Below is my current model setup I thought should work, elevator seems to work and stick movement to the left works, but stick movement to the right gets no response on the servos. This is specifically a simple normal elevon 2 servo flying wing setup, I haven't worried for throttle on it just yet that part is easy, I am pretty sure I am doing something classically simple wrong! Please would someone have a look and push me in the right direction. Agrh if I could just get the penny to drop its driving me crazy! expo and dual rates and the rest I can sort, I just cant get the darn elevon working first.

File Attachment:

File Name: model1.ini
File Size:4 KB

Adelaide
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2013 07:22 - 13 Jan 2013 07:23 #4958 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Elevon mix help please
At least you need make 'Swith'='None' at every page of elevator and aileron mixes. I donn't know why you need to move elevator servos at different directions and aileron servos at one direction.

File Attachment:

File Name: model1.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jan 2013 07:23 by vlad_vy.

More
13 Jan 2013 11:09 - 13 Jan 2013 13:02 #4965 by vlad_vy
By the way, at Deviation v2.10 there is bug that doesn't allow select Switch:None. You can try select any unused swith and 'switch on' that switch, or select !'unused switch'.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2013 13:02 by vlad_vy.

• stevecox
  • Keep swinging
More
13 Jan 2013 13:04 #4971 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Elevon mix help please
Hello, thank you, I did eventually work it all out and put a good template for an EleVon mix under templates with 3 way rates using the mix switch.

BTW, for an Elevator movement of the 2 control surfaces you would normally use either the outer sides of each servo arm ... servo 1 left side arm, servo 2 right side arm. (or 2 inner sides) to the control surface. For up (or down) movement of both control surfaces (elevator) the servo directions need to be different that both arms are pushing or both pulling - one servo clockwise, one anticlockwise, for aileron both servo's would move same direction, both clockwise or both anticlockwise, draw it, you will see :-)

Adelaide

More
13 Jan 2013 14:12 #4973 by vlad_vy
For such movement there is the channel reverse.

By the way, if you check channels movement in your config/template at max travel (Mix2) you will see abnormal movement, servo doesn't move above/below 100% about half of stick travel. I don't think it's normal.

• stevecox
  • Keep swinging
More
13 Jan 2013 18:10 #4981 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Elevon mix help please
Servo reverse for Elevon mixing, I am not sure you follow what is an Elevon mix setup? Elevon is where only 2 servos move the only 2 control surfaces on a flying wing or similar - the 2 control surfaces must act as the elevator and also aileron at the same time. They are not only set for just elevator or only aileron, they must be mixed to perform both tasks simultaneously. This template works, with 3 levels of rates which affect the elevator/aileron at the same time, I have flown with this today.

Adelaide
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds