KK2 quadcopter settings for Deviation on Devo8s

More
02 Mar 2013 22:53 - 02 Mar 2013 22:58 #7231 by r1turk80
This is my setup for my KK2 quads, MODE 2. Allows me to have a range of usable modes using just one switch and recover faster when the quads gets out of hand, lining up for stunts and for a safer takeoff/landing by flicking to FMOD0.

Note that stick scaling on the KK2 board should be set to 100 or above for these settings to work for acro flight. Don't go blaming me if you ditch your quad using FMOD2 :P

GEAR switch is to toggle self levelling mode ON when in FMOD1 and FMOD2.

FMOD0: Slow stable flight, switch to this mode to recover quickly if things get messy ;)
AIL/ELEV 50% DR, 20% expo, self levelling ON

FMOD1: Sport flight
AIL/ELEV 75% DR, 20% expo, self levelling OFF

FMOD2: 3D acrobatic flight
AIL/ELEV 100% DR, no expo, self levelling OFF

I also have FMOD2 remotely triggering a green led cluster under the quad to signify 3D mode and MIX controlling red/blue strip leds on the arms but I have removed this from the file to save any confusion as this deviation software is hard enough to get to grips with at first.

Happy flying!!! :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Mar 2013 22:58 by r1turk80. Reason: adding more detail to topic title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2013 04:05 #7258 by stevecox
Sweet, timing couldn't be better, my quad kit has just arrived at the post office, this will help me 100's THANX!

Adelaide

More
03 Mar 2013 12:54 #7281 by r1turk80
Thanks, glad to help!

I noticed there was nothing on here for the KK2 and hopefully it will help ppl get to grips with this awesome versatile firmware and its useful complex mixing and get in the air quicker. I almost gave up on it myself at first as I was baffled!

There was a KK board file posted but the elevator and throttle channels were mixed and needed 4 servo leads from rx instead of 2.

Any other configs anyone would like to try let me know and I will try set it up :)

More
24 Apr 2013 22:00 #9178 by EVERNIN
Hi,
would this setup work for a KK2 on a Tricopter?? Thanks.

More
25 Apr 2013 07:06 #9191 by r1turk80
Yes it would work fine on a tricopter :)

More
25 Apr 2013 16:50 #9205 by EVERNIN
OK, Thank you.

More
28 May 2013 05:23 #10352 by Buck
Built my first hex (kk2) and used your configuration file and worked great, thanks very much. And now changing the flight controller out to apm 2.5 that has like 6 flight modes. I have not even got the basics down to programing my devo 10. But fly with it fine with other peoples configuration files. I know I need to spend more time on the deviation and learn it, but if some one has a good configuration to start with that would be great. Thanks all

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds