Walkera Master CP Non - 3D Model (Devo 10)

More
24 Mar 2013 15:42 - 24 Mar 2013 15:43 #8046 by gapi
Keep in mind I have kept this model to resemble the Walkera firmware. Mine is a Devo 10.

There are no 3D settings here that will surprise you with a full throttle if you bump the FMOD switch by accident.
As a beginner and not interested in flying with the Rotors on the bottom I have had my share of accidental WOT sessions.

I configured the Mix Switch to set the Gyro to 3 settings, Position 0 is 82, Position 1 is 75, and Position 2 to 0. The position 2 will disable the Gyro so you can set it up and not have the Gyro effecting you.

I made the ELEV D/R & AILE D/R switches work so I can select from learning EXPO rates of 40 in their 0 positions, and 30 in their 1 positions. The Rudder switch is set for Throttle hold. I have no EXPO configured here for Rudder.

I wanted to have EXPO setting for ELE and AIL available to change on the fly and not effect the FMOD pitch curves and be able to have separate EXPO's for AIL and ELE if I thought one size did not fit all. It turned out I was right because 40 EXPO was too much for me in AIL but not enough in ELE. I have a brushless motor and it would accelerate into a climb at first stick movement to fast for me. So I have my ELEV D/R in Position 0 for 40 EXPO and AILE D/R in Position 1 for 30 EXPO. I think after I learn mopre I will change them to have EXPO setiings for windy days or something.

I have the FMOD switch Positions 0 set to 0 pitch at mid throttle so when I shut down it will not slam to the ground, a Beginners thing. I have the Position 1 set to some negative so I can pull it down in wind, and the 2 position with a little more just in case Position 1 is not enough.

There are no 3D surprises like full throttle if you hit the wrong switch eh?

File Attachment:

File Name: model2_2013-03-24.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Mar 2013 15:43 by gapi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2013 16:22 #8048 by tito74
Replied by tito74 on topic Walkera Master CP Non - 3D Model (Devo 10)
Thank you Gabi,

Everything look to work fine except that throttle seems to stay stuck at -100% Tried to move every switch but nothing is changing. Do you have any idea?
Thank you.

More
24 Mar 2013 18:55 - 24 Mar 2013 20:05 #8051 by tito74
Is your esc beeping? I can t remember if it use to do this. Might be that the problem Esc is dead. What do you think?
Last edit: 24 Mar 2013 20:05 by tito74.

More
03 Apr 2013 07:44 #8441 by tito74
Hello Gapi,
Thank you again for the file. I must do something wrong, the throttle stay stuck at -100%. The motor did beep and turn as soon as I put a security switch on channel 3 but I can't control the motor. It's like my throttle stick doesn't do anything. I went back to your original file and I don't know how to throttle up as it s always at -100%
Do you have an idea? Do you use mode 2 ? Maybe it's that. I d live to use your config. Thank you.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
03 Apr 2013 09:13 #8444 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Walkera Master CP Non - 3D Model (Devo 10)
Which version do you use? There was an older version which did not allow to use "none" as switch for a complex mixer and changed it to AIL without notice. If you use complex mixing (what gapi's config has) you should look at the mixer for throttle, page 1 an see if any switch is used there. If you cant't choose "none" choose "FMODE0" or "RUD DR0" - both will work.

More
03 Apr 2013 10:23 #8445 by tito74
Hello RBE thank you. I use 2.1.1. There were non switch for the mixer. I tried with RUD DR0 and it changer nothing. Still have -100% throttle. The only way to have the motor turning is to have ail or rudder as a security switch. Then the motor is turning but without being able to change its speed. Strange. I might not have pluged the servos in the proper place in rx.

• rbe2012
More
03 Apr 2013 11:33 #8451 by rbe2012
Do you use the unchanged config from gapi? If not, post it so we can look into it.
The channel association should be the same for the first four channels for all Walkera/Devo helis (aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder) channel6 is pitch, channel 5 or 7 (dependent on the number of channels used 5 for 6-ch, 7 for 8-ch) is gyro. Maybe you mixed up the servos in the heli but as long as you have plugged in the motor correctly the mixup should not affect the motor control. Or are you talking about the tail motor?

More
03 Apr 2013 12:22 #8455 by tito74
Hello RBE thank you for your answers. I am using the unchanged config, the one at the top of this post. I checked and the motor is plugged where it should be. I can't understand why when I choose ail or elev as a safety switch my motors then turn, tail when I wiggle the heli and main just doesn't stop. I might try with another config, but I am bad at heli flying and a non 3D model would have been great.
Thank you.

More
03 Apr 2013 12:55 #8456 by tito74
I just tried another config from an older post and it's working. I still don't know what's happening with this one. I try to tame this one down. Thank you so much.

• rbe2012
More
03 Apr 2013 13:10 - 03 Apr 2013 13:16 #8460 by rbe2012
Ok, this time I have played around with the config in the emulator (have no tx and heli here).
There are a few values which seems to be strange, but nothing should be the reason for the described behavior. I would correct them nevertheless:
- Channels Virt1-3 are defined (and wrong, source should be AIL / ELE for Virt 1 and 2, not AIL DR / ELE DR). I suppose you delete them (set them to "none" in the title line)
- For ch3 there is a complex setup with four pages where pages 1-3 are identical, differ only in the activating switch FMODE0-2 what means that the throttle is independent of the FMODE switch. I am quite sure that this can not lead to problems. Correcting would be: set number of pages to 1, save, set number to 2, create new page 2 with switch RUD DR1 and fixed and scale -100.
- For ch7 there are three values used: 82, 75 and 0 (MIX0-2). I would interpret this as high gyro sensitivity, less but quite high sensitivity, gyro off. I do not know the Master CP but most gyros work like this: 0=0ff, >0=HH-mode (the higher the more sensitive), <0=AVCS-mode (or with changed signs). So I would test the values +50, 0, -50 to have all modes tested and a moderate sensitivity.
- Swash ist set to "none", what is correct for a FBL heli which does mixing in the rx.
- Channels are set to 8, seems also correct. You could test it with 6 channels but you would have to take the values from channel 7 to 5 (gyro sensitivity).

EDIT: can you exclude hardware problems, especially with the motor wires? I had a similar problem longer time ago with a tail motor which always ran because the wire isolation was damaged and had contact to the carbon tail boom...
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 13:16 by rbe2012.

More
03 Apr 2013 13:41 #8463 by tito74
Thank you. I ll try that.

• rbe2012
More
03 Apr 2013 15:53 #8471 by rbe2012
A completely different approach what came into my mind suddenly: did you trybto recalibrate the sticks? Sometimes this seems to help.

More
05 Apr 2013 07:14 #8549 by tito74
Hello RBE, I did that as well. I did fly my cp with an older config and it worked. Then the swashplate got loose (allready had that before) To stupid to stop the cp was more and more difficult to fly until I crashed.
Anyway thank you RBE. Great Help.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds