Bixler 2: 2 position flaps and 3 flight modes ;)

More
21 Aug 2013 23:33 - 10 Oct 2013 09:32 #13137 by matrixFLYER
Hi all! I've just bought the Devo 10 and installed the 3.0 version of deViation.

I'm learning minute after minute new functions of the software. It's extremely powerful. I don't know how the programmers could have thought to something so complex and so advanced if I'm burning my brain to understand it!

I upload here as thanksgiving and hoping to be useul to other users my bixler 2 confugration file.

elev dr1 for start the timer set at 10:30 (with 2200 3s)
ailer dr1 for reset the timer

the second timer show is activated with elev dr1 and is the toal flying time

connestion on reciever (Devo RX1002)
aileron (lef aileron) aux1 (left flap) | gear (right aileron) aux2 (right flap)

mix0/1/2 -> no flaps/a little flap with elevator mix/a little more flaps with the same elevevator mix of mix1

fmod0/1/2

standard flight mode with mix switch for flap actived.

fmod0 is low rate: dr80% and expo 20% (on ail and elev)

fmod1 is high rate with dr100% and expo20% (on ailev and elev)

fmod2 is super high rate: flaps works together with ailerons as ailerons not as flaps!

Happy flytime!

File Attachment:

File Name: model2.ini
File Size:4 KB

EDIT 2013/10/10. I edited the bixler2.ini file. It's updated with my last settings and now the timers are activated with channel throttle number. If you don't have walkera receiver and you throttle is on a different channel you have to mod it. Furthermore in this version trims with 1.0 step are already activated. With GEAR1 you can now activate a mix aileron to rudder. With RUD0 there is throttle cut.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Oct 2013 09:32 by matrixFLYER.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 21:00 - 22 Aug 2013 21:01 #13168 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Bixler 2: 2 position flaps and 3 flight modes ;)
Thanks for this model!

Bought my first plane today, a Parkzone P47, and I needed a template with flaps, individual aileron channels and the elevator mixing for ideas and to get my mind away from the heli modes.

Hopefully we shall soon have a few plane pilots contributing to Deviation!
Last edit: 22 Aug 2013 21:01 by RandMental.

More
14 Sep 2013 17:34 - 14 Sep 2013 17:36 #13792 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic Bixler 2: 2 position flaps and 3 flight modes ;)
Today i re-maidened the bixler 2 with my new devo 10 and these settings.

I found out that the trims where disabled. So you have to go in every channel aileron elevator rudder, in every mixer page and activate the trim (it's the last option).

You also need to raise the step of each trim from 0.1 to 1 otherwise the trim steps are too small.

I will update the file when I will fine tune also my flaps setting.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2013 17:36 by matrixFLYER.

More
07 Oct 2013 06:41 #14297 by djsmeegy
Hi matrixFLYER,
Im using your config file for my Sky Trainer (Cessna 400) www.diamondhobby.com/airplanes/trainers/...-sky-trainer-400-pnp and I want to thank you so much, for this cool settings.

I've changed trim step to 0.5 for now and will see.
Also I will play with flap settings to be as much correctly responding to my model as possible.

I just have a problem, when I want to change icon for each model. There are visbile only stock plane and stock heli, but when I tried to use yours or others, the screen is empty, so Im confused...

Do you know how to fix it?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
07 Oct 2013 08:29 #14299 by rbe2012
Have you tried this in the emulator? It will throw error messages where you can see what problem it might be.
Often the *.bmp-files have the wrong binary format. They should have ARGB (16bit).

More
07 Oct 2013 11:46 #14304 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic Bixler 2: 2 position flaps and 3 flight modes ;)

djsmeegy wrote: Hi matrixFLYER,
Im using your config file for my Sky Trainer (Cessna 400) www.diamondhobby.com/airplanes/trainers/...-sky-trainer-400-pnp and I want to thank you so much, for this cool settings.

I've changed trim step to 0.5 for now and will see.
Also I will play with flap settings to be as much correctly responding to my model as possible.

I just have a problem, when I want to change icon for each model. There are visbile only stock plane and stock heli, but when I tried to use yours or others, the screen is empty, so Im confused...

Do you know how to fix it?

It's working for me in deViation 3.0 and in the last nightly build.

More
07 Oct 2013 12:41 #14305 by djsmeegy
I'll try to change format, if its correct. Also, I've not checked it thru emulator....
But thanx for your info, let you know the state.

• rbe2012
More
08 Oct 2013 05:55 #14321 by rbe2012
You have put the pictures in the correct directory (modelico)? And they have easy 8.3-names (containing only letters, numbers, "-" and "_")?

More
08 Oct 2013 06:41 #14322 by djsmeegy
Yes, I have them in modelico folder. Yesterday I tried to change bmp files to format 16bit and RGB format (I saved them 1st thru windows paint, but there's not enough settings, then I tried to use snagit editor, in photoshop there's also very poor settings of bmp files).

State now on my DEVO10 is, that when I choose my pics, the scree (rectangle) is whole black...

Pls can you recommend me some easy way program to merge files to correct format?

Also, I want to change travel of servo for flaps, can you tell me where is it ic code for each setting? (MIX1,2,0).

Im not so familiar with programming tx yet :P

• rbe2012
More
08 Oct 2013 07:42 - 08 Oct 2013 07:45 #14329 by rbe2012
Somewhere in this forum there are good descriptions how to create the correct format. Search for "gimp", "photoshop" or look here: http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-icons/2086-icon-formater-software-free-to-use .
You must use a 16-bit-format (ARGB) which can not be created with MSPaint.

For the travel: use the scaling of the curves. Got into the mixer and select different scales like 40%, 75%, 100% for the switch settings.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2013 07:45 by rbe2012.

More
08 Oct 2013 07:56 #14330 by djsmeegy
Cool. Thanx so much, will try! :)

More
08 Oct 2013 08:00 #14331 by FDR
Here you can find a lot of info about making model icons:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-icons/87...r-making-model-icons

More
10 Oct 2013 09:34 #14422 by matrixFLYER
I replaced the ini file. All info in the first post.

More
16 Oct 2013 06:56 #14687 by djsmeegy
Hi guys, thanx for your suggestions. Now I have icons on my perfect DEVO 10 working out :) I just changed format to RGB 565 and its cool now.

Just one question, anybody, are you using phoenix simulator with DEVO 10?
And have you created plane with flaps working with this model file in phoenix?

I found some guide for spektrum dx6 config , but I dont know if its useful (similar) for devo (and dont wanna to loose my time there)...

Thanx in advance

More
17 Oct 2013 10:16 - 17 Oct 2013 10:17 #14716 by EduardS

matrixFLYER wrote: I replaced the ini file. All info in the first post.

Thank you for this awesome config file, it learns me a lot on programming Deviation. Hopefully later I can contribute plane config files and icons too.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2013 10:17 by EduardS.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds