APM hexa six mode switch, and you

More
06 Sep 2013 00:15 #13586 by Dant
APM hexa six mode switch, and you was created by Dant
I am currently building a hexa that will use the APM board + my devo 8s with deviation
Since deviation is so awsome, I was thinking if it is possible to have some sort of black-magic-like config to use all the 6 flight modes

This tells me that I (ideally) need PWM signals of 1165, 1295, 1425, 1555, 1685, and 1815 milliseconds, so I'm thinking of the FMOD switch setting 3 to send signals 1165, 1425 and 1685, and some other switch would add +130 to reach the other 3 levels. But I have no real idea if this is even possible, or how to do it.

Another thing I was wondering is if it is possible to use one of the top trims as a "knob" to use as in-flight PID tunning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2013 04:10 #13590 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic APM hexa six mode switch, and you
Both are posible.

For the flight mode you have to use a complex mixer and configure 3 pages for the FMODE switch with replace mux, then add a 4th page with the other switch but use add as the mux.
all pages shuld use the fixed function adjusted with the scale value...

You can use trims as a pot if you assign them to a virtual channel, and use that virtual channel as the value. You will probably need to increase the trim step...

More
08 Sep 2013 02:52 #13643 by Dant
Replied by Dant on topic APM hexa six mode switch, and you

FDR wrote: Both are posible.

For the flight mode you have to use a complex mixer and configure 3 pages for the FMODE switch with replace mux, then add a 4th page with the other switch but use add as the mux.
all pages shuld use the fixed function adjusted with the scale value...

You can use trims as a pot if you assign them to a virtual channel, and use that virtual channel as the value. You will probably need to increase the trim step...

I couldn't set up with complex pages, no idea how those work :(, but I managed to do it using the AILE DR switch as src and FMOD as med-low rate and changing the scale accordingly. don't know yet if this will work.

for the pot, i assigned TRIM_R to Virt1 channel in the trims, on Virt1 mixer i set a simple curve with 89 scale then on channel 6 i assigned Virt1 as source and 100 scale, that gives a -100~100 range on channel 6. Is this what you meant?

More
08 Sep 2013 05:24 #13645 by Pattaya01

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds