Blade 350 QX from Horizon

More
11 Nov 2013 23:42 #15529 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon

gmcquet wrote: Does anyone know if this model config has the fail safe setup correctly so that when signal is lost, Return to home activates?

This isn't a behavior of the Tx, but of the Rx. Some systems allow you to program the Rx responses via the Tx (at least, that's my impression - I haven't used any of them), but that's not the case here. Whenever signal is lost, the 350qx will go into "return to home mode" - at least if it's available. If you don't have GPS, then RTH doesn't work.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2013 02:36 #15531 by mwm

gmcquet wrote: I think a solid blue light shows when stability mode is activated and full GPS lock is held. Is that correct? Mine is showing solid blue in GPS mode anyway and does not hold its longitude or latitude position. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong? Hmm...

What you're doing wrong is expecting stability mode to have a position lock. It doesn't - that only happens in smart mode. What you get in stability mode with centered aileron/elevator is a relatively stable hover, but not a lock.

More
12 Nov 2013 02:38 #15532 by mwm
Well, I've now flown the maiden and a night flight on it, and I like this model. Both the 350qx and the provided config for.

However, rudder down down doesn't seem to kill the throttle for me. Not a serious problem - hitting RTH will do that. But I'd like it to work as expected.

Anyone got a hint as to what may be the problem? I'm running this on 3.10 Beta 8 - could it be a bug with the beta?

My instincts are to trim the throttle way down and try it that way (I've had problems with other blade quads not recognizing zero throttle as such until I trimmed the throttle down). Anyone think that might help?

Thanks.

More
12 Nov 2013 05:10 #15534 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
Try to lower the safety value of the throttle channel to -125 or lower...

More
14 Nov 2013 19:08 #15582 by mwm

FDR wrote: Try to lower the safety value of the throttle channel to -125 or lower...

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

More
30 Dec 2013 17:34 #17490 by mwm
Having just been through my first bad crash, I started thinking about the "shutdown" switch - it is effectively a throttle hold, except that you can't restart from it easily.

I'm not sure we want a TH that works otherwise, but this is a moot point if such can't be configured. So that's the question - is it possible to kill the engines without basically shutting the model down?

More
30 Dec 2013 19:17 #17495 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
Why don't you just use your sticky throttle hold? ;)
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1953-ho...sticky-throttle-hold

More
02 Jan 2014 16:51 #17747 by wavezz2k
Replied by wavezz2k on topic Blade 350 QX (? Setup, Ini)
In hopes to avoid 'funky monkey' pile of debris, or carved fingers, I have a couple questions. Fabien, MWM, FDR, HotWheel, .. thnx for your info. truly appreciate these posts.

1) Can someone clear up the logic of preferred use “sticky throttle” versus (PDF sect 8.2.2) setting a safety value & over-ride toggle? For this QX Multi (not a Heli), The throttle hold, safety, or sticky won't always shut down the ESC & props if the flight computer is off on it's own. As example, on GPS return home, had my QX bounced about 4 times in a field “land and launch”, till it inverted. Quicker thinking to switch to agility (minimize flight computer), then shutoff the throttle, likely would have worked, but cut the throttle did nothing.

2) MWM with your month's experience, do you have a updated INI file for QX350, and perhaps could you add pointers to a FAQ .. your startup sequence, preferred toggle selection for modes and RTH, use of safety vs stable vs acro?

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

More
02 Jan 2014 18:02 #17757 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 350 QX (? Setup, Ini)
The problem with using a standard throttle hold is that zero throttle output doesn't stop the blades from spinning on the 350qx. If you use the shutdown as a th, that's already sticky - and then some. If there's no easy way to kill the engines except shutdown, then we're done. I'll call hh about it.

In answer to wavezz2k, I've thought about a a number of minor tweaks, but eventually decided that the original config was better. I'd like to make shutdown only work when the throttle is at zero, but only if we can get a real throttle hold.

More
25 Jan 2014 05:32 #19070 by Syrabane
Replied by Syrabane on topic Blade 350 QX (? Setup, Ini)
can we get a port for this for Devo 10? tried doing it from scratch but i'm not having much luck.

More
28 Jan 2014 15:23 - 15 Feb 2014 23:36 #19329 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
I converted fabien's v3 Devo 8S model to v4 and added my custom GUI layout which will work on all these transmitters: DEVO 6/6S/8/8S/10/12/12S.
* This model will not work for deviation firmware v2.1 or v3. I stopped making v3 models when v4 firmware was released due to it is the most stable version and I can now make one model for all the transmitters using my custom GUI.
** The model will work on the Devo 7e but due to there is one less flight mode on that model you will not have all three flight modes FMOD0 - FMOD1 - FMOD2.
You will only have FMOD0 - FMOD1.

Rename the model name to a model you are not using in your transmitter. Example: model5

File Attachment:

File Name: model-Blade350QX.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2014 23:36 by Tom Z.

More
22 Feb 2014 03:54 #20724 by oldgamefreak
Replied by oldgamefreak on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
At the risk of sounding like a total noob (which I actually am)is there any chance you can explain what functions are mapped to what switches. All this is above my head at the moment. I bought the WALKERA 8S on a recommendation due to spectrum brown outs. I got it and loaded it but not sure I want to just flip switches and see what happens.

More
17 Mar 2014 20:29 #21628 by southtirol32
Replied by southtirol32 on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
hi

i have a problem with my blade 350, when i flying goes in return to home mode, and a little seconds later changes in the normal mode, smart or stability mode is the same.... i have the devo 7e with the 2 switch mods, and the actually nightly build....
:oops:

More
30 Jun 2014 02:40 #24301 by timmyd463229
Replied by timmyd463229 on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
Would this file work on the 200qx?

More
30 Jun 2014 03:18 #24302 by mwm

timmyd463229 wrote: Would this file work on the 200qx?

Works fine with my 200 QX. Even the Rudd DR switch to init and then shut it down (which I wasn't expecting).

RTH doesn't work, of course - the 200 doesn't have that. That extra channel is used for camera control, and you may want to mod it accordingly.

More
30 Jun 2014 03:27 #24303 by mwm
Fabian (or someone who understands it):

Could you explain how this does the stick manipulation that the 350 QX requires to init it?

In particular, I'd like to make this type config (Rudd DR0 -> Rudd Dr1 to init) work on the HK KK2.1.5 board, which needs the rudder at max for 2 seconds to init, then at min for 2 seconds to shut it down. Could this be modified to do that, or is there no way to do the timing?

Thanks.

More
30 Jun 2014 11:28 #24306 by timmyd463229

mwm wrote:

timmyd463229 wrote: Would this file work on the 200qx?

Works fine with my 200 QX. Even the Rudd DR switch to init and then shut it down (which I wasn't expecting).

RTH doesn't work, of course - the 200 doesn't have that. That extra channel is used for camera control, and you may want to mod it accordingly.

OK cool I'll use this file then...did you try the other 200qx file on the on the models page?

More
30 Jun 2014 11:33 #24308 by mwm
Nope, never tried the 200qx specific config. Just copied my 350QX config to a new model, and bound it to the 200QX.

More
01 Jul 2014 14:30 #24329 by timmyd463229

mwm wrote: Nope, never tried the 200qx specific config. Just copied my 350QX config to a new model, and bound it to the 200QX.

did u leave it so rud 0 is throttle cut and rud 1 is start I'd like to switch it its to hard to hit the switch up rather than down while flying but I have no clue how to do that

More
01 Jul 2014 14:40 #24330 by mwm
Yes, I left it as it was, because that's what I've been using on the 350 QX.

The easiest way to change it is to set your Tx to USB mode, then mount it as a USB stick on your PC. Now you can go into the models folder on that disk, and edit each model.

Find the one that you're using (the "name" entry on the first line should do it), then open it in a text editor. Turn every occurrence of RUD DR0 into RUD DR1 and vice versa. I have four, but one is on a timer and may not have been in the original.

If you want to do it on the Tx, there's one on the third mixer on channel Virt1, the fourth mixer on Virt2, and the fourth mixer on Virt3. As stated, I also have one on timer1.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds