Blade 350 QX from Horizon

More
01 Jul 2014 14:53 #24331 by timmyd463229
Replied by timmyd463229 on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon

mwm wrote: Yes, I left it as it was, because that's what I've been using on the 350 QX.

The easiest way to change it is to set your Tx to USB mode, then mount it as a USB stick on your PC. Now you can go into the models folder on that disk, and edit each model.

Find the one that you're using (the "name" entry on the first line should do it), then open it in a text editor. Turn every occurrence of RUD DR0 into RUD DR1 and vice versa. I have four, but one is on a timer and may not have been in the original.

If you want to do it on the Tx, there's one on the third mixer on channel Virt1, the fourth mixer on Virt2, and the fourth mixer on Virt3. As stated, I also have one on timer1.

OK thanks man i did it on the tx cause my computer wasn't near me if it doesn't work I'll just switch it back and thanks for all the help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2014 22:25 #24342 by timmyd463229
How do I add expo to agility mode with this file

More
01 Jul 2014 23:18 #24343 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon

timmyd463229 wrote: How do I add expo to agility mode with this file

It's already set up for dual rates & expo on ailerons and elevators. I'd just edit those mixes, and change the second mixer curve type to expo with whatever rates you want. That is currently set to switch on with the AIL & ELE DR switches. Personally, I'd change the switch so they both used one of them. If you want it to always come on when you are in agility mode and only then, set the switch to FMODE2.

Rudder will be more interesting, because it's got the hooks for doing the init magic in it. However, it might work if you add a mixer in between the two already in it, set it up for your DR curve and switch it on FMODE2 or - well, not RUD DR B).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Jul 2014 23:29 #24344 by timmyd463229

mwm wrote:

timmyd463229 wrote: How do I add expo to agility mode with this file

It's already set up for dual rates & expo on ailerons and elevators. I'd just edit those mixes, and change the second mixer curve type to expo with whatever rates you want. That is currently set to switch on with the AIL & ELE DR switches. Personally, I'd change the switch so they both used one of them. If you want it to always come on when you are in agility mode and only then, set the switch to FMODE2.

Rudder will be more interesting, because it's got the hooks for doing the init magic in it. However, it might work if you add a mixer in between the two already in it, set it up for your DR curve and switch it on FMODE2 or - well, not RUD DR B).

where it says ail or ele its set for mid rate instead of dual rates and expo can I just change it to dual rates and expo or will it mess it up

More
29 Aug 2014 19:46 #25424 by pweber
Replied by pweber on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
did someone have a Settingfile for the new Blade 350 QX Firmware 2

More
30 Aug 2014 17:17 #25433 by mwm

pweber wrote: did someone have a Settingfile for the new Blade 350 QX Firmware 2

It uses the same setup as the V1 firmware. The only difference is there are now four modes, and you get Smart/AP/Stability instead of Smart/Stability/Agility.

I changed mine to Ap/Stability/Agility like so:
[channel5]
reverse=1
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE0
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=FMODE2
scalar=125
curvetype=fixed

Basically, I have an output of 0 (AO mode) for FMODE0, 100 (Stability mode) for FMODE1 and 125 (Agility mode) for FMODE2.

If you want that, I'll upload it, but it does include dialable stagility and usees channel 7 for gimbal tilt.

If you are happy with the stock setup but want to add Agility mode, then go the Model Setup > Mixer > Channel5, increase the number of mixers by one, change to the page for the mixer you've added, set the curve type to Fixed, the switch to the switch you want to enable that, and the Scalar to 125. The selected switch will then turn on Agility mode no matter what FMODE is set to.

More
16 Nov 2014 15:17 - 16 Nov 2014 15:18 #26420 by joecool
Replied by joecool on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
Hi to all,

First post here. All my blessings to deviation, it is great.

Still, I'm struggling to find a .ini file that contains tilt control on the attached GB 200 gimbal, and RTH. I'm using a DEVO 12s, and the machine is a Blade 350 QX V2

Ideally, if the tilt control is on a proportional channel that would be great, but if not, a 3 position switch will do.

If one of you could post a .ini file containing all of this, that would make a very happy man out of me.

Many thanks for you help.
Joe Cool.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2014 15:18 by joecool. Reason: Forgot to mention it is a 350 QX

More
16 Nov 2014 17:46 #26428 by mwm
Hi Joe,

First, you have to get the hardware right. If by "350QX V2" you mean the original 350QX hardware running V2 firmware, you need an external Rx of some sort. Either a satellite receiver or a second receiver that will dual bind. Even then, the 350QX has enough noise at startup that you may have to rebind the second RX unit every time you power on. I'm currently using a LemonRX RX. If you need one, I'd recommending trying an Orange RX satellite from HK , as it's a lot lighter and less expensive than the HH one.

If you mean what blade calls the 350QX2, with an upgraded FC and receiver, then it gets seven channels, and you can use a servo connector on the FC board. I don't have details, as I don't have one.

I've attached the model.ini file I use. Should work with either hardware configuration.

Gimbal control is a combination of the AUX5 knob on my DX10 (you may want to change that if you have an 8 or 12) and the MIX switch:
  • MIX0 and MIX1 are fixed positions. You can adjust the scale value on the first and third pages so it points to locations you like.
  • MIX2 lets you dial the position with AUX5.
  • GEAR1 (which is RTH) also sets it to a fixed position set by the last mixer.

And the rest:
  • GEAR1 is return to home
  • RUD DR0->DR1 inits the FC
  • RUD DR1->DR0 shuts down the FC, but it won't reinit until you pull the throttle down to 0 (sticky throttle hold).
  • FMODE0 is AP mode.
  • FMODE1 is Stability mode.
  • FMODE2 is Agility mode.
  • AIL DR1 is low rate mode. Aileron and elevator only.
  • ELE DR1 resets the countdown timer.

Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2014 19:36 #26444 by joecool
mwm,

That's a very quick, detailled and helpful reply, thanks !

Very unclear from HH. I was convinced I had a QX2 but it indeed and 350 QX 1 Firmware V2. This is why the plug that goes from inside the 350 QX to the gimbal had no effect whatsoever.

Indeed the orange RX is then the best option.

Have uploaded your .ini file and it worked fine as far as I can tell from what I see. Had no chance to test flight yet. But will let you know how it went when I have a chance.

To be honest, I haven't tried the RTH function yet and I'm quite curious to discover that feature.

Another little thing that you might be able to explain :

Can I cut my GPS if I decide to fly indoor by any other switch ?

I got the 350 QX satellite calibrated using an old Spektrum DX5e, then I did bin the QX 350 back to the DEVO 12s, but I have no idea on how not to use GPS lock.

Thanks again for your help.
Joe

More
17 Nov 2014 20:10 #26445 by mwm
Hi Joe,

The 350QX has a bunch of modes that you set by binding with the sticks in some specific position. For those to work with this model.ini file, you have to have the throttle enabled (RUD DR 1) and dual rates off (AIL DR 0).

To disable GPS, bind with the aileron stick full right. It will stay disabled until you enable it by binding with the aileron stick full left.

Also, you may want to adjust the AUX mix for channel 7. Reset it to scale 100 and zero offset. Then go to the monitor screen with the gimbal connected, and run it from -100 to 100 to see how the gimbal responds. Pick the two endpoints you want it to have, and adjust scale & offset accordingly. This is also a good time to note the values you want for MIX0 and MIX1. I've used four different gimbals with this setup, and they each had different ranges.

More
22 Nov 2014 09:38 - 22 Nov 2014 09:58 #26511 by joecool
Hey MWM,

Right. Still not working, but surely close to work.

1. Bought and installed satellite receiver. It binds fine
2. Did update GB200 Firmware to allow remote receiver.

Both receivers are binding fine, solid red on satellite.

Gimbal led light stays solid green, which is reported as 'No receiver connection, power only'

No reaction from any knob, no reaction from MIX switch either.

I have no much time to test it further now, but will give it a go again tonight.

And update my post here.

Many thanks MWM, I'm sure there is no much left to make it work !
Joe
Last edit: 22 Nov 2014 09:58 by joecool.

More
22 Nov 2014 09:57 #26512 by joecool
UPDATE

Got a flashing green light on gimbal by changing 'coming from 350 QX' the plug to middle port.

But still no reactions.

Thanks
Joe

More
22 Nov 2014 15:29 #26520 by mwm
The connections to the GB-200 should be:
  1. From a "servo" port on the 350 to the power port on the GB200. That one goes to the top port above the 4 ports
  2. From the Satellite to the GB200. That goes to the bottom port on the other side of the GB200.

Is the satellite binding when you power things on? Can you power on the Gimbal & satellite without powering on the 350QX? If so, try it that way. The 350QX power on sequence generates a lot of noise, and can interfere with the satellite binding to the Tx. If not, you may want to power on the 350QX, then plug in the GB200 and rebinding it.

More
23 Nov 2014 13:17 #26534 by joecool
Mwm,

Ok, tried everything, reflashed the GB200 with the firmware upgrade, connected as advised in your last post. I did read again all your posts and followed carefully every advice

Still no tilt control. It did switch to MIX2 and tried all knobs, all positions, no response. No response of MIX0 and MIX1 either. Tried to change offset

Both receivers are connected, solid red light on both (Had to re-bind but it worked fine)

I'm now suspecting that electronics of GB200 are having a problem.

Apart of your problem, the quad flies fine, all modes working. Will try RTH this afternoon.

So, your ini file is a great step ahead for me. Thanks
Joe

More
23 Nov 2014 14:30 #26535 by joecool
DEAR MWM,

RTH is awesome. I was a bit anxious hitting the GEAR button, but when hit, all went well !

That must be due to 'old' school experience, that wasn't even a thought 20 years ago flying with planes or helis.

Regarding your last post :
1. How is it possible to power on the gimbal and not the 350 QX ?

Again, many thanks for your explanations.

Joe

More
23 Nov 2014 19:23 #26540 by mwm
Hi Joe,

Yup, RTH is cool. The next step up is setting waypoints :)

Before checking the electronics in the gimbal, double check the Tx. Go to that model, then in the channel monitor, check channel 7 to make sure it's responding as expected. Oh, and you might also try resetting the scale & offset to 100 and 0 to make sure the range is as expected.

On the bench, you just need to connect the gimbal to a 5 volt power supply of some kind. I bought a battery holder for 4 double a batteries, and soldered a switch and a some servo connectors to it. On the quad, people have put switches in the cord used to connect the gimbal to the FC board. Those are people using Spektrum or similar Tx's that you bind by powering on holding the bind switch on. It's not clear that that's worse than just rebinding with deviation, so I haven't bothered.

More
30 Nov 2014 04:25 #26671 by tstanfordjr
Replied by tstanfordjr on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
I guess that this will work withblade 350QX version 2 right ?

More
30 Nov 2014 04:34 #26672 by mwm
Sigh. HH ambiguity bites us again.

I'm using this on the 350 QX1 - the original 350QX - running the version 2 firmware. So if that's what you mean by "350QX version 2", you should be set, except for adjusting the endpoint scale for AUX5 and the two fixed MIX positions.

Based on what HH has posted about the 350QX2 - the second one, with an upgraded receiver - it should also work on that. You should be able to plug the gimbal into one of the flight control board servo plugs, but you'll have to check with HH about which one. So again, you should be ok except for the scale adjustments.

There isn't enough info available yet for the 350QX3 gimbal setup to know about that.

More
28 Jan 2015 09:37 #28150 by joecool
Hey MWM,

Sorry for beeing away for so long. Got some time now to care about these matters. Ok, here is where we stand now :
QX 350 and satelitte receivers bind fine.
On the Devo 12s, I can see a reaction on Ch7 when I flick mix 0/1/2 and indeed looks like it needs a bit reajusted. Same with Aux4, It does show reaction when MIX is in position 1/2.
Double checked the plugs, fine.
No reaction from the gimbal when I use MIX or AUX4.
I'm sure this is about to work...

Thanks for your help !
Joe

More
29 Jan 2015 06:12 #28196 by mwm
This sounds like an issue with either the gimbal or the connections to it. Since you're using a satellite, I assume you've got the QX1 running v2 firmware. I believe HH has videos on how to connect the GB200 up to it. I never had one of those with the new firmware, as they didn't say "this is a bug we're working on", but "Oh, we don't support that" so I sent it back. So at this point it's not really something I can help with.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds