HK 450, Orange DSMx, GY48V, Devo10

More
14 Oct 2013 03:19 #14588 by ycatsce
HK 450, Orange DSMx, GY48V, Devo10 was created by ycatsce
I've got a Devo10 running the latest nightly. I've been trying to configure it to fly a 450 I recently bought but I am basically clueless. I just started with rc helicopters recently (August of this year) and now that I can 3d with the mCPX pretty well I figured it was time to move up to the 450.

I have downloaded various different model configs from here and nothing works. Does anyone have a similar setup or config file that would work? It would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking I should have not gone with a devo10 and deviation as my first ever RC tx....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
14 Oct 2013 06:48 - 14 Oct 2013 06:50 #14601 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic HK 450, Orange DSMx, GY48V, Devo10
Deviation is not really more complex than any other high end transmitter firmware. The more you leave those toy models behind the more functions you will see in your transmitter - and one by one you might want / need to use them.

Have you seen that you can switch the mixer gui from advanced to standard? This might help you at the beginning.

I guess the GY48V is a tail gyro, no FBL system and you have a flybar.
Have you got something working at all? Or might there be a problem in the communication to the receiver? Have you completed the bind procedure (including deleting the fixed id in the model config and using the bind plug in the receiver)?
If the heli reacts: what is wrong? Does one servo move in the wrong direction, does the tail not hold, is the swashplate movement mixed up?

EDIT: I have a simple flybar 450 heli and orange dsm2 receiver - works as expected together with deviation. But I don't have my tx at hand.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2013 06:50 by rbe2012.

More
14 Oct 2013 13:54 #14629 by ycatsce
Replied by ycatsce on topic HK 450, Orange DSMx, GY48V, Devo10
I've been able to fly my fleet of v911's, mCPX's, my Syma X1, my HK x525, my F450, and my recently scratchbuilt hexacopter without any issue. My issue came in on this 450 with the tail gyro. I understand how the gyro works, and I thought I understood the tx-gyro relationship, but I just cannot get it working.

I can somewhat interact with the copter. I have throttle control and all of the main servos react in the desired way. The issue is the tail. I have been unable to come up with anything that will make the gyro function on my own. I've been trying to use a premade config, and have gotten one to the point where it somewhat works, but it is problematic as well.

If I move my rudder stick ~1/8" the tail rotor fully extends to the chosen direction and stays there. I get gyro torsional response but it does the same whereby it gets "stuck" at max travel. The tail servo will also stop responding after a while and I gather that it is because it is constantly being pushed past it's rate of travel. I have tried to adjust the scale, subtrim, trim, and max/min's of the rudder control to no avail. I also have an issue where all of the servo's on the plane "twitch" whenever rudder input is applied.

I'm sorry to come bug you guys about this, I'm just to the point of massive frustration after having this heli sitting useless for a week with me spending hours trying to make it work.

More
14 Oct 2013 14:18 #14632 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic HK 450, Orange DSMx, GY48V, Devo10
Have you connected the sensitivity switching connector to the receiver, and have you tried to send different values to that channel?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
14 Oct 2013 14:19 #14633 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic HK 450, Orange DSMx, GY48V, Devo10
Your gyro problem looks for me as an error in the direction of the gyro's correction. Everything is fine as long as the heli is not moved. If he is moved (turned) the gyro senses a movement and tries to stop / revert it. If now the direction if wrong, it will move the servo in the same direction, detects that it was not better, moves the servo further, even not better - until the servo hits its limit.
Try to change the gyro direction (not the rudder servo direction). Normally a gyro has a little switch to do that. Simpler gyros don't have one - these have to be mounted upside down to correct in the other way.
If the servo stops responding: do you have an analog or digital servo and what does the gyro need? If it has only a digital output (and no switch to change to analog) an analog servo will overheat in short time (my experience).
The "twitching" of the servo when rudder is applied looks strange. Can you describe it more precise? And can you publish your model config here?

More
15 Oct 2013 10:04 - 15 Oct 2013 10:04 #14662 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic HK 450, Orange DSMx, GY48V, Devo10
Hi, take a look around my published config files. I have a Devo10 and fly 450s with it, one of them has a scale body with retracts, and one has DSMX.
rbe2012 is right - play with rudder direction and gyro direction switches first - you have only 2x2=4 options, so not a long trial ;-)
cheers - bm
Last edit: 15 Oct 2013 10:04 by billmester.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds