Delta Ray by HobbyZone with SAFE Technology

More
19 Dec 2013 20:32 - 20 Dec 2013 17:02 #16811 by marc
Settings for Hobbyzone Delta Ray:

- Model Type: Airplane
- Protocol: DSM2
- # Channels: 7
- Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder on channels 1 to 4
- Channel 5: Flight Modes for Beginner, Intermediate, Experienced on FMODE 1, 2, 3 respective.
- (Refer to a description of SAFE technology for flight modes!)
- Channel 6: Panic button on RUD DR (toggle between RUD DR0 and RUD DR1, reversed).
- (Refer to description for panic mode).

Possibly you have to trim down Throttle for motors to start.

File Attachment:

File Name: deltaray-new.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Dec 2013 17:02 by marc. Reason: new ini-File, see comment RandMetal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2013 16:09 #16845 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Delta Ray by HobbyZone with SAFE Technology
You should change the Safety feature to be on the throttle channel, not ch3/Elev:

[safety]
Ch3=min

Should be

[safety]
Ch1=min

More
20 Dec 2013 17:00 #16851 by marc
OK, you are right! Thank you for the hint, I didn't realize it.

I think this happened because Walkeras have throttle on channel 3. I will change the ini-File and upload a new version.

More
21 Dec 2013 05:02 #16868 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic Delta Ray by HobbyZone with SAFE Technology
I have successfully loaded the model into my Devo 7E. The transmitter has only a 2-position FMode switch. How would you suggest I modify the configuration to be best suited for the 7E?

More
21 Dec 2013 12:28 - 21 Dec 2013 12:30 #16881 by RandMental
You must decide which 2 modes you need, there are switches on the RX that determines what the 3 levels on Channel 6 means ( -100; 0; +100). Select and assign the two you want to use with the switches on the RX. Then make sure FMOD0 and FMOD1 sends out the correct levels as assigned.
Last edit: 21 Dec 2013 12:30 by RandMental.

More
21 Dec 2013 14:48 #16884 by EArHog
Thank you. I'd choose to forego the beginner mode, as I only use the "Experienced" mode. I don't know how to "select", and assigning selections is a skill I lack. Can you be more specific?

Also, can you tell if the "Panic Mode" feature would be available on a 7E? I don't find a RUD DR switch/button on my Tx.

More
21 Dec 2013 15:12 #16886 by RandMental
We are in our Summer holiday period here in the Southern Hemisphere, I don't have my Apprentice here to check. I'll see if I can download a SAFE manual and see what levels need to be put on ch5 and ch6. You should be able to use the HOLD switch to do the Panic function (I feel the TH function is less important on foamie aircraft.)

I'll see what I can do on the emulator, I don't have a Devo7e to test.

More
21 Dec 2013 15:48 #16890 by marc
I don't have a DEVO 7E, but regarding the images I too would suggest to use the HOLD switch as "panic button".
I am using the DR RUD button with the two values -100 for normal and +100 for panic (therefore reversed).
The difference to the original DX4e-TX is that in the DX4e the panic button is a push button, in my Devo 8s it is a toggle button.

More
21 Dec 2013 18:26 - 22 Dec 2013 04:44 #16899 by EArHog
Wow, I appreciate that assistance.

My 7E Hold switch is where the RTF flight modes (beginner/intermediate/experienced) seem to be located on my 7E (it's thunderstormy here so I haven't tried to fly). The FMOD switch on the right seems to be high and low rates for each of the (originally 3) flight modes.

If that helps any.

Per previous the advice, I will need to limit the Hold switch to only two flight modes (and I choose Intermediate / Experienced). The funny thing is that may be how it's already working - I just don't know how to tell. And there's the question of where to put the panic switch (one reviewer called it the "Oh Crap" button)

Thanks again.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2013 04:44 by EArHog.

More
22 Dec 2013 23:30 - 22 Dec 2013 23:33 #16935 by RandMental
Attached is a Model.ini file for the 7e to control a SAFE receiver.

I only tested it on the 7e emulator. With this model you don't have to change the switches on the SAFE RX.

Channel 5 is mapped to the FMOD switch and will give FMOD: 0 (center) and FMOD1 100%. -100% is not supported. Just confirm if it gives you Intermediate and advance modes.

Panic (Channel 6) is mapped to the HOLD switch - HOLD0 give -100% (min) and HOLD1 gives 100% (max).

Also make sure about the rudder and Ail channels - I had to reverse them on my Devo8s, so I reversed them here as well.

File Attachment:

File Name: model1_201...22-2.ini
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Dec 2013 23:33 by RandMental.

More
23 Dec 2013 00:45 #16937 by EArHog
Oh man, RM, thank you so much! Now I will really have a hard time waiting for decent weekend weather. Already looking forward to spring.

Thanks again.

More
22 Feb 2015 06:26 #28993 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Delta Ray by HobbyZone with SAFE Technology
Hey guys, first off I know this is old, sorry but I've been googling for a week and a half for 7E config's for the Delta Ray and this is all I've found...

Not sure if any of the initial posters are still around so this is directed at anyone.

I've just purchased a BNF Delta Ray (I purchased it from a semi truck driver who won't be back in the area for me to pick it up for a few more weeks so I can't do any testing just yet, the weather is to bad alto fly anyway) but I finally found this thread with a couple files but no one reported back if they actually felw their DR's with their 7E's using these config's. Any one doing so? If so, and it's not one of these would you mind sharing the file your using so I can get setup while I'm waiting.

I'm also wondering, now that we've got all the virtual channel code work done can I use a trim button for the "oh crap" button instead of the hold switch? Ive been teaching my girls that the hold switch will always act as an arm switch so I'd rather not have to go back and teach them it's now the switch to hit to get out of trouble.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
22 Feb 2015 18:55 #29009 by EArHog
I recall that the model.ini posted by RandMental was excellent - worked just as I hoped.

I didn't use the panic button enough to recall now how that feature worked on the 7E.

More
22 Feb 2015 20:24 - 22 Feb 2015 20:32 #29016 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Delta Ray by HobbyZone with SAFE Technology
Excellent sir, thanks!
Can't wait to get my kids flying, I'm happy with my heli/multi-rotors but wanted to start my daughters (10 and 7) flying, I'm thinking just on principal alone the DR should be easier for a total beginner than a quad and safer (if for no other reason that it's further away from them) than a 4ch heli.

I'll see if I can get a button running as the panic button, I'm thinking either use a momentary (on)-off paddle mounted where the typical add-on paddle switches go or (assuming I can get a button to do it, not a switch) I could rig in an external hand-held button I could hold onto at first. Simply isolate then wire the 3.5mm jack into whatever input you wanted and plug in something like a handheld remote starter tester button (one for working on cars, not a remote starter alarm) so I would be able to hold onto that press it as needed when they try it

Another idea I have is trying to mod a 3-way momentary paddle switch from (on)-off-(on) [thats full momentary only] by removing a spring and making it half and half, so it'd work (on)-off-on. Then I could make that into the mode switch (the latching half) and the momentary half would be the oh crap button. If that's possible I'd have beginner in the middle position and expert latched down. That way, regardless of which mode you're flying in, should you need to hit the oh crap button after using it you will end up in beginner mode just by letting go. I hope that's doable not only for the girls but I'd like it if it worked like that for me!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 22 Feb 2015 20:32 by Cereal_Killer. Reason: Spell check didn't know "oh crap" yet...

More
22 Feb 2015 20:48 #29019 by EArHog
If you have a good place to fly, you're going to have a blast. Making Memories for your kids, for sure!

The DR loves trees. It seeks them. Just sayin'.

More
09 Jun 2015 16:22 - 09 Jun 2015 21:55 #33722 by applewood
Replied by applewood on topic Delta Ray by HobbyZone with SAFE Technology

RandMental wrote: Attached is a Model.ini file for the 7e to control a SAFE receiver.

Panic (Channel 6) is mapped to the HOLD switch - HOLD0 give -100% (min) and HOLD1 gives 100% (max).

File Attachment:

File Name: model1_201...22-2.ini
File Size:1 KB

I'm in the process of setting up the devo 10's switches for flight modes and panic.

The Hobbyzone manual says:
SAFE flight mode is selected using Channel 5 signal (high, middle and low)
Panic switch is selected with channel 6 (high, low).

So do I assume for flight mode (channel5) High=100=beginner, Middle=0=Normal, Low=-100=advanced
Same for Panic button (channel6) High=100=normal, Low=-100=Panic

Some of the information I've read contradicts the last assumption, so just wanted to check. I can then confirm via monitor screen.

Thanks in advance
Applewood
Last edit: 09 Jun 2015 21:55 by applewood.

More
04 Jul 2017 08:22 #63280 by kaligola
Replied by kaligola on topic Delta Ray by HobbyZone with SAFE Technology
could this work on safe receiver?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds