Blade Nano QX

More
20 Jan 2014 21:49 - 15 Feb 2014 23:35 #18800 by Tom Z
Blade Nano QX was created by Tom Z
This model was made by fabien for the Devo 8 with Deviation v3.0

I converted the v3 model to v4 and added my custom GUI layout which will work on all these transmitters: DEVO 6/6S/8/8S/10/12/12S.
* This model will work on the Devo 7e but due to there is one less flight mode on that model you will not have all three flight modes FMOD0 - FMOD1 - FMOD2.
You will only have FMOD0 - FMOD1.

FMOD0: Stability mode
FMOD1: Agility mode/ 70% dual rate
FMOD2: Agility mode/ 100% dual rate

The v4 model was test flow by Syrabane.
deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...ith-my-devo-10#18793

File Attachment:

File Name: model15_20...1-20.ini
File Size:4 KB

Here is the post by fabien for his v3 model if you want to see his settings he used or download the model for v3.
deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/1933...rizon?start=20#12197

Download the Configuration Settings File.

Right click the "model.ini " and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" depending if you are using IE or Firefox.

Install the configuration settings file into your models folder (See my How to video below).

This will over-right the current file so make sure that model slot doesn’t
have a model being used in it. If it does rename the configuration settings file
to another number that you have free.

Example: The file you downloaded is named model5 so change the “5" to another slot
number that you don’t have a model setup for. If you have model slot 6 open rename the file to model6

How to Import/Export Deviation Firmware Models

-
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2014 23:35 by Tom Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2014 22:51 #21835 by live4java
Replied by live4java on topic Blade Nano QX
First post.

Just learning the Devo 7E and DeviationTX. Have to admit, the configuration system is a pretty radical change from my Spektrum.

Trying to use this config with my Nano QX and the D7e, but having trouble figuring out how to reverse the configuration for the Hold switch so 0 is Fly and 1 is Hold - which is how it's set for mCPX and Walkera Super CP configs I've downloaded and flown.

I tried editing the config to change HOLD0 to HOLD1, which didn't seem to change anything. Still enough of a newbie with this to not know where I should be looking in the menus even after reading the manual.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
L4J

More
25 Mar 2014 23:17 #21836 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Blade Nano QX
I think you want to reverse the switch.

Change this

safetysw=HOLD0

To this

safetysw=!HOLD0

The ! means the switch is reversed.

You then should have 0 is Fly and 1 is Hold.

More
26 Mar 2014 03:53 - 26 Mar 2014 03:54 #21838 by live4java
Replied by live4java on topic Blade Nano QX
Excellent. Thanks!

"Not Hold0" did the trick.

It had been set to Virt1. Still getting the hang of this configuration and menu format.

PS> I appreciate you pointing out the "!" means negation. I know that myself from various programming languages, but do appreciate the knowledge just the same. Not everyone knows what the symbol would mean in that place.

Thanks again!
L4J
Last edit: 26 Mar 2014 03:54 by live4java.

More
20 May 2014 11:53 #23394 by timmyd463229
Replied by timmyd463229 on topic Blade Nano QX
I'm using your file and it works really good ..but I'd like to be able to use dual rates on stability mode so I can let other people learn to fly but I can't figure out how to assign it to a switch or how to adjust the rates if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it

More
21 Sep 2014 21:33 #25760 by Crash Survivor
Replied by Crash Survivor on topic Blade Nano QX
henkerhaus wrote:
One thing I'd like to change is to reverse the Rudder D/R switch so Position 0 is the active throttle position, and Position 1 is the Throttle Hold position (which is how I've always used configured Rudder D/R for Throttle Hold)
henkerhaus wrote:
I finally figured out how to reverse the throttle hold switch... :)

On the Mixer menu, select the <Complex> Button for the Virt1 Channel.
Page to the 3rd Mixer (the throttle hold input, and change the "Switch" Spin Box setting to "RUD DR1" instead of "RUD DR0".

Thanks what I been looking for. Have one on the way for my 4 year daughter & me to fly indoors this winter. My heli's are all setup in standard mixer mode, advanced is all that is supported in plane type V4 FW.

More
17 Jan 2015 22:42 - 18 Jan 2015 05:33 #27779 by mammothtarm
Replied by mammothtarm on topic Blade Nano QX
Updated!! I learned through this forum that my sticks need to be calibrated. Once I did that, the Nano QX flew as good as when bound to my DX6i!!!! - thanks again!

Thanks to the post... I installed the Nano QX ini file to my Devo 7E. However. It flies pretty good on the 7E, however I noticed that the back right motor starts up slower and the model tends to drift to the right. When bound to my DX6i, it never drifts and it's rock solid. All motors start up the exact same time.

How can I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! : )
Last edit: 18 Jan 2015 05:33 by mammothtarm. Reason: fixed problem

More
16 Mar 2016 22:25 #44674 by huge
Replied by huge on topic Blade Nano QX
hello,
i have the devo 7e, and i will add the 2x3way switches soon.
How can i modify this model.ini to work with the switches insted of fmod0,1,2?
thanks

More
01 Apr 2016 01:49 - 01 Apr 2016 01:50 #45524 by GadgetusAddicti
Replied by GadgetusAddicti on topic Blade Nano QX
I've had my Devo 10 running Deviation for about a month now (Using it with my Syma quads - X5C-1 and X11) and just purchased a Blade Nano QX. It took me a while to get it configured properly, having run through quite a few different configs to figure things out. I figured what I learned might be helpful to any other new Nano QX owners out there that are struggling.

Binding
Using the DSMX protocol, I set my fixed ID to None by deleting the entire number string. I set type to "Plane" as the QX manual says to set the transmitter to "Airplane." I'm not sure how much this matters. The QX took quite a while to bind the first time, but after that it binds quickly. I turn the transmitter on first, then plug in the QX, and it binds immediately. I noticed that the quad will not respond to throttle until you calibrate the elevator and aileron stick.

Stability/Agility Modes
The model ini provided in this thread was acting strangely for me with the setup of FMODE0 being Stability mode, and FMODE1 and FMODE2 being 70%/100% rates in Agility mode respectively, and I believe I know why. The transmitter that comes with the RTF version of the QX uses a game controller style downward press on the left stick to switch modes. The same downward press on the right stick switches between the 70%/100% rates. For my own config, I decided to keep these two functions separate. Focusing on the mode switch, a button press would end up moving from -100 to 100 and then back to -100 (button up, button press, button up). Knowing that channel 6 is used for the mode switch, I just reversed CH6 and set up RUD_DR so position 0 is -100 and position 1 is 100. As predicted, flipping the RUD_DR switch to 1 and back simulates the button press perfectly, and the modes switch properly. It would be nice to just have position 0 be Stability and position 1 be Agility, but that's just not how the channel was designed on the QX. Maybe someone with more TX skills can figure a better way, but this works.

Rates
For rates, I just set EXPO&DR for the applicable channels so FMODE0 is 100%, FMODE1 is 70%, and FMODE2 is 50%. Any 2-position switch could easily be set to toggle between the 70%/100% that Blade uses.

Anyway, loving the Nano QX, especially with my Devo 10. Hope this helps someone out.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2016 01:50 by GadgetusAddicti.

More
19 Jun 2016 12:29 #50803 by Infamous2117
Replied by Infamous2117 on topic Blade Nano QX
Can anybody tell me what controls the rates in the ini?

Eg.

FMOD0: Stability mode
FMOD1: Agility mode/ 70% dual rate
FMOD2: Agility mode/ 100% dual rate

What if i want high rates (100%) while in stability mode?

Sorry if its a stupid question, my devo 10 is on the way from bang good and i wanna get a head start on all of this before it gets here.
I looked under FMODE 0 in the ini but i am just not sure which part dictates the rates.

More
24 Jun 2016 14:33 - 25 Jun 2016 16:07 #51035 by rgray
Replied by rgray on topic Blade Nano QX
Would you mind posting your ini or include the text of the mod you mention. Brand newbie still reading manual. Thanks.

***Should have searched better first. I found a nice blog with details on Model.ini from Mike Meyer on rc.mired.org/p/writing-deviationtx-model.html .
Last edit: 25 Jun 2016 16:07 by rgray.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds