RC Logger Xtreme PPM model?

More
26 Jan 2014 01:15 #19124 by EArHog
RC Logger Xtreme PPM model? was created by EArHog
There are two ways to BNF the new RCL Xtreme Brushless motor quad with a programmable radio - using a OneLink module on the Tx or installing a PPM receiver on the quad.

I have a OneLink module ready to install, and I look forward to having a model.ini that I can import into my 7E radio. There seems to be more people (at least based on the participants in the RC Groups thread) that are more interested in the PPM receiver option.

I asked for some help in another thread with a model for the Xtreme that works with the OneLink module. But what about the PPM option? Will the model.ini for that method be the same?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2014 08:43 #19137 by robca
Replied by robca on topic RC Logger Xtreme PPM model?
Yes, that would be fundamentally identical. One way to think about this, is that in the case of a PPM receiver the Devo radio sends data to a receiver, the receiver encodes that data into a PPM data stream that is sent to the Extreme FC

In the case of a OneLink, the Devo sends that same PPM data stream to the OneLink, which in turns sends the data to the Extreme FC. Independently of the protocol the OneLink uses, the Devo itself sends the exact same data in both cases, hence the same model.ini

The problem, as pointed out in the Rc Groups thread, is that there are probably less than 100 people in the world with an Extreme right now :)

I ordered mine, but I'll receive it if I'm lucky in 6 weeks or so. So as much as I technically count as one of the people who own a Devo and paid for an Extreme, I'm in no position to help yet ;)

More
01 Feb 2014 20:11 #19619 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic RC Logger Xtreme PPM model?
I was able to get the OneLink module to bind with the Xtreme. So that's a big step for me. I used an Airplane template, set the 7E on PPM, and did the OneLink "Learning" process - just moving each stick in order, and flipping the two switches.

I don't know exactly what I've got, but I am not confident that the original Airplane template was a good fit for the learning process. e.g., I see "Hold1" in several places when I scroll down through the channels in the model setup Mixer page. But "Hold1" is supposed to be "Expert Mode" for the Xtreme. It may all be okay.... but it seems unlikely that I'd be so lucky.

More
02 Feb 2014 05:13 #19672 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic RC Logger Xtreme PPM model?
Answered you on rcg as well.

Set scale 50, offset 50 on that channel. It will move the curve up to be 0:100 instead of -100:100.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
02 Feb 2014 21:14 - 12 Feb 2014 04:44 #19742 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic RC Logger Xtreme PPM model?
That seems simple enough, even for me. The "curve" looked good, and the Channel Monitor showed just what I wanted to see - '0' for one position and '100' for the other.

But sadly, the Xtreme didn't like something about the setting. I tried other versions of those two values - Min/Max and Zero/Max, both made the Channel Monitor show what I wanted to see. But alas, no luck.

I posted all that on RCL's forum. Your suggestion should work, based on what we see in the setup instructions for the OneLink.

I really appreciate your interest and assistance. Thanks. :)

EDIT - I was WRONG. Your settings did work. :oops: Apparently channel 6 isn't setup correctly and the quad initializes in Altitude Hold mode. I wasn't expecting that, and mistook the rapid blinking of all the LEDs to mean there was a problem. So, all I need to do now is figure out how to get Normal flight mode on the channel 6 switch.

Thank you sir!
Last edit: 12 Feb 2014 04:44 by EArHog.

More
28 Mar 2014 07:02 #21904 by Sascha121985
Replied by Sascha121985 on topic RC Logger Xtreme PPM model?
Hello,

i have the Dexo7e with the one 3-Way-Switch Mod an a RC eye one xtreme with the lemon ppm rx.
But i have a Problem with the configuration.

I need a config who has Ch 1-2 Normal,
Chanel 5 with the new switch from -100 , 0 , + 100
Chanel 6 the right 2 wa Switch form 0 to +100

Can you help me please.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds