Walkera CP Helicopters - 3D Settings

More
26 Jan 2014 15:28 - 30 Apr 2014 14:57 #19158 by Tom Z
This model will work on the following helicopters.
  • Walkera V120D02S
  • Walkera V120D02S V2
  • Walkera Mini CP
  • Walkera Super CP
  • Walkera Genius CP V1/V2
  • Walkera V100D08

• *If you are using the V120D02S, V120D02S V2, Genius CP V1 with the WK-2801 Pro compatible Receiver change Protocol=DEVO to Protocol=WK2801.

Model 33 is for deviation firmware v4 and the DEVO 6/6S/8/8S/10/12/12S.

* This model will not work for deviation firmware v2.1 or v3.

Model 33-2 has Zero Degree Pitch when throttle hold is on.
    This will help minimize damage in a crash as the swash and blades will be at mid stick zero degrees pitch.
    This will also help prevent a boom strike.
    The swash does not move when TH is on.
    If you want control of the swash in TH to help you land in a crash don’t use this model use Model 33 instead.

I have test flown this model in my Devo 10.

Fixed ID

My model does not use a Fixed ID.
If you used a Fixed ID with the original Walkera firmware you must clear the Fixed ID in the Receiver with the Bind Plug.
If you don't clear the Fixed ID the model will not bind.

If you want to use a Fixed ID you can enter the same Fixed ID you had for the original Walkera firmware.

Example: Your original Walkera firmware Fixed ID was: 123456

Assign the Deviation Fixed ID: 123456

You can also assign any Fixed ID that you want to use. You don't have to use the original Walkera firmware Fixed ID. Clear the Fixed ID in the Receiver with the Bind Plug then assign any Fixed ID that you want to use.

• Throttle hold on the RUDD D/R switch.
  • 7 Point Throttle and Pitch Curves.
  • TX Power=100mW
  • Channels=7
  • Protocol=DEVO
  • No Fixed ID
  • Stick Mode 2
  • If you need Stick Mode 1, 3, or 4 load the model into your transmitter then change the Stick Mode in the transmitter settings.

Throttle Curve

Normal: Linear Curve

ST-1: V Shaped Throttle Curve

ST-2: 100% Flat Across

Throttle Hold is active on RUDD D/R switch

Pitch Curve

Normal: -3* negative pitch. Zero degrees pitch at mid stick.

ST-1: Full +/- 3D pitch curve. Zero degrees pitch at mid stick.

ST-2: Full +/- 3D pitch curve. Zero degrees pitch at mid stick.

Gyro Gain

64% for Normal and Stunt modes. This value is equal to the Walkera firmware value of 82% gyro gain.

DR/EXPO

Adjust D/R and EXPO to your personal preference.

Switch Position

0- ELEV D/R = 100% EXP +30%

0- AILE D/R = 100% EXP +30%

RUDD D/R = 100% EXP -10%

Switch Position

1- ELEV D/R = 125% EXP LIN

1- AILE D/R = 125% EXP LIN

RUDD D/R = 100% EXP -10%

Download the Configuration Settings File.

Right click the "model.ini " and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" depending if you are using IE or Firefox.

Install the configuration settings file into your models folder (See my How to video below).

This will over-right the current file so make sure that model slot doesn’t
have a model being used in it. If it does rename the configuration settings file
to another number that you have free.

Example: The file you downloaded is named model5 so change the “5" to another slot
number that you don’t have a model setup for. If you have model slot 6 open rename the file to model6

How to Import/Export Deviation Firmware Models

-
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Apr 2014 14:57 by Tom Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2014 19:32 - 26 Jan 2014 19:57 #19194 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Walkera CP Helicopters - 3D Settings
Walkera CP Helicopters - 3D Settings

I forgot to add my custom GUI. I just added it and re-uploaded the models.
If you downloaded the file before I posted this you should download the model again as that model will use the default GUI on your transmitter and not my custom GUI which works on all the transmitters, has all the switch icons assigned to them, and has a custom layout for your home screen.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2014 19:57 by Tom Z.

More
16 Feb 2014 03:11 #20340 by Crash Survivor
Replied by Crash Survivor on topic Walkera CP Helicopters - 3D Settings
In advanced mode where are pitch & TC settings?

More
16 Feb 2014 06:19 #20344 by Tom Z
Channel 3 = Throttle Curves

Channel 6 = Pitch Curves

More
17 Feb 2014 17:57 #20455 by Crash Survivor
Thanks Tom Z. This site crawls/time outs a lot on my PC at home, can't figure out why. Work PC no problem. Version 4 is sweet & your model ini really got me off to a good start. Your custom GUI very well done, thanks again. I built a model ini in simple mode which appears to do every thing I need for a 2801 protocol V120D02S & is so much more like I'm use to, just wondering the advantages over advanced mode compared to simple mode on a V120 heli.

More
17 Feb 2014 20:13 - 17 Feb 2014 20:17 #20470 by Tom Z
Your welcome.
The site crawls/time outs on me also sometimes. There sever must get too busy at times.
If want post your 2801 protocol V120D02S model and I will put a link to it in my Master Models Sticky.

You can do almost anything you want with the advanced mixer. The standard mixer just gives you the basic settings.
One thing I like with the advanced mixer is I assigned all three DR/EXPO switches to one switch. You can assign any switches to any functions with the advanced mixer. You also have full programming control with the advanced mixer. Many features and options are not available in the standard mixer.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2014 20:17 by Tom Z.

More
18 Feb 2014 01:36 #20491 by Crash Survivor
I toned your 3D model ini down for my flying style & all looks good on the bench, haven't flown it yet but all went smooth no glitches should work well. When I do a model in standard mode things look good at first, keep fine tuning next thing I notice things start glitching. For example go back to pitch curves normal mode changes are gone & it don't except correction. Pitch curve you can change values but curve doesn't move. When you go to change model says changes are not saved. Power off for a little while not saved will be gone but still can't correct wrong values. Other values will be change I didn't even change. So maybe I answered my earlier question what are the advantages over advanced mode compared to standard mode which appears to do every thing I need for a 2801 protocol V120D02S & is so much more like I'm use to, it glitches & doesn't work.

More
18 Feb 2014 01:43 #20492 by Tom Z
Are you changing the model from advanced mode to standard mode?
If so you can't do that. There is a bug and it has been reported.
Changing a model from advanced mode to standard mode should reset and clear all the settings but it is keeping some settings and it also assigns incorrect values, changes switch assignments to the wrong ones, reverses things it shouldn't, and more things.

I posted about this here: deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questio...x-deviation-8s#19469

More
18 Feb 2014 02:12 - 18 Feb 2014 02:32 #20495 by Crash Survivor
Yes, but it's on a new model slot & it defaults to advance so that's the only way I know to go to standard.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 02:32 by Crash Survivor. Reason: model to model slot

More
18 Feb 2014 02:41 - 18 Feb 2014 18:01 #20496 by Tom Z
OK that is the way to do it.
I select a blank model which is advanced by default then switch it to standard.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2014 18:01 by Tom Z.

More
18 Feb 2014 02:44 #20497 by Crash Survivor
Maybe adding your custom GUI after I switch to standard mode is the issue since it was probably built in advanced mode. TX batteries charging, try later leaving that out.

More
18 Feb 2014 02:47 #20499 by Crash Survivor
Maybe adding your custom GUI after I switch to standard mode is the issue since it was probably built in advanced mode. One time your mix icon went missing, had to load GUI again to get it back. TX batteries charging, try later leaving that out.

More
18 Feb 2014 17:35 #20527 by Crash Survivor
Not home to verify which one for the Devo 8 in the link you made in standard, but one was in advanced. I tried the one in standard looks great but like before while making changes it would start glitching, like on main screen one channel bar lower right went straight up to upper right across TX signal level bars. It may be my TX/sons who quit flying, it did get damaged while experimenting with charging the NIMH batteries in it with my I Charger, popped the big capacitor in it and liquid came out of it, probably a filter capacitor, now when charging batteries with an old Futaba TX/RX charger you hear the speaker buzzing. I'll back up my other Devo 8 I been using & give it a try on it. If that works I'll get around to fixing the other Devo 8, which may has caused my sons strange mishaps which discouraged him.

More
18 Feb 2014 22:11 #20546 by Tom Z
I removed the standard mixer models I posted for now.
I am working with a member on this site who is test flying one of the models for me. I am also going to test fly a model in my Walkera helicopter. My batteries are charging now.

Your getting some strange behavior in standard mixer mode.
I will see if I get any odd behavior when I load and edit the model in my Devo 10.

More
19 Feb 2014 02:54 #20560 by Crash Survivor
Thanks, I decided not to mess with my working Devo 8 but ordered a 220uf 25v cap I messed up & fix my extra 8. Looks like a week before it gets here. Keep me posted on how it goes with your 10. The buzzing while charging is irritating anyway.

More
22 Feb 2014 00:47 #20720 by Crash Survivor

Tom Z wrote: I removed the standard mixer models I posted for now.
I am working with a member on this site who is test flying one of the models for me. I am also going to test fly a model in my Walkera helicopter. My batteries are charging now.

Your getting some strange behavior in standard mixer mode.
I will see if I get any odd behavior when I load and edit the model in my Devo 10.

I replaced that 220mf 25v electrolytic filter capacitor I blew & all is working as expected no glitches. The models you posted & removed that were glitching appears to have been affected by that damaged cap. Thanks again, sorry for making you doubt your great model configs.

More
22 Feb 2014 01:04 #20721 by Tom Z
That's great you were able to fix your transmitter.
Thanks for letting me know about my models.
I removed them for now as I wanted to do more testing on them and do some flight testing with them.
I re-post them again.

More
23 Feb 2014 01:54 #20773 by cx12
Replied by cx12 on topic Walkera CP Helicopters - 3D Settings
Tom, does these setting a little high compare to the walkera stock setting? The setting I am asking about is the travel rate with this model file which is 100% vs 70 % walkera recommends.

More
23 Feb 2014 05:42 #20778 by Tom Z
There are two ways to do curves.
One way is to have the curves go up to 100% then turn down the pitch travel.
So if your top curve value is 100% and you have 70% pitch travel then your 100% is equal to 70%.

The other method is to use 100% pitch travel and limit the top pitch value lower.
So if walkera calls for 70% max value then you set the top value to 70% with 100% pitch travel.

People including myself use both methods. Blade, Align, and some others use both methods also.

Some values Walkera and others list are often way off.
I custom tune pitch curves for the motors being used and for which difficulty level you want to use, and for minimum bogging of the motor during hard use (pitch pumps, 3D).

More
24 Feb 2014 04:10 #20825 by cx12
Replied by cx12 on topic Walkera CP Helicopters - 3D Settings
Thanks tom for the insight I see now that there are many ways to setup the same thing but in deviationx it is model around universal setting to let everyone to setup how they like it and not just by the stock setting.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds