Blade 200QX

More
03 Apr 2015 23:03 #30771 by Zoide
Replied by Zoide on topic Blade 200QX

mwm wrote: You missed the step of letting the quad go into bind mode before turning on the Tx. If the props turn on when you turn off throttle hold, then you're not going to rebind it, just reconnect to it.

Also, hold the rudder stick in position until the quad has reset and the LED gone solid. Not sure it's required, but mine worked properly this morning when I tried it, and it doesn't hurt.

It finally worked; thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2015 06:33 #31732 by Mad4rc
Replied by Mad4rc on topic Blade 200QX Devo 8S setup?
Hi guys

First let me say that the help I have received from the imposts of the badass genius's here has been amazing and the inspiration for me to get my Devo 8s and my 200qx!

Anyways myy question is this, I cannot get my Devo 8s to work with my 200qx. I've downloaded this file here for the 350qx and I was able to bind it. But I can't get it to fly I think I followed everyones directions to the T but I still can't get tithe motors to start. I I don't want to get into the details of what I'm doing because I am clearly doing something wrong. Could some one possibly explain to me in detail or maybe even show a video of how I should set up my 8S and 200qx, AND/OR how I can get these motors to turn on. I've had this beautiful machine since last November and I've never flown it yet!

Thank you in advance for all your help,

More
28 Apr 2015 07:04 #31733 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 200QX
You didn't provide enough details for us to know exactly what's wrong - what have you done that works as expected before you try to start the motors, and what is it doing in response to your attempt to start the motors? Also, there are any number of different model.ini files you could be using, so it's hard to say in detail how you should get it to start.

So I'm just going to cover the possible things you might have forgotten. The previous page in this thread has a lot of details about exactly what those mean, so you might try reading through it as well.

1) Did you calibrate the transmitter?
2) Did you bind it to your 200QX?
3) Do you have throttle hold off, dual rates set to high or off, etc? Basically, all four sticks should show at least 100% on the channel monitor at full throw.

If you've got all that stuff set, try doing the toggling the rudder between far left & right quickly a few times. That starts the motor regardless of which model.ini you have. If you've done all the above and that doesn't work, it may be time to start diagnosing hardware.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Apr 2015 11:45 #31735 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Blade 200QX
I had the same problem and it was not getting to -100% throttle to release the built-in throttle hold. Check you channel monitor and see when you pull thruttle all the way back if it gets to -100%. If not then you have to calibrate so it does and I think some people have had to use negative trim to get it all the way down. This is assuming it is binding ok (blinking light turns green, red or blue depending on your mode). Like MWM said you have to move the sticks left and right while at -100% throttle as well.

More
01 May 2015 16:55 #31896 by Mad4rc
Replied by Mad4rc on topic Blade 200QX
SUCCESS!!

Thank you guys!! - Apparently my throttle was set to a virtual channel? As soon as I switched it to channel 2 and then set my value to -100 it worked!! I don't know if this is part of setting up my remote as MVM mentioned. All I know is that I'm super pumped to finally fly this Bad-Boy! :woohoo:

I knew you guys would be able to help!!!

Thanks again!!!

More
09 May 2015 00:33 #32274 by blarue09
Replied by blarue09 on topic Blade 200QX
could this stagility mode be easily coded for the Nano QX using a DEVO10?

More
09 May 2015 01:26 #32275 by mwm
Search the forms for the NanoQX threads. There were people working on it, but I don't know if they ever go tit working. That the NanoQX changes state on an edge rather than a level makes this a bit of a PITA.

More
23 Aug 2015 03:17 #37152 by NinerRider
Replied by NinerRider on topic Blade 200QX
Okay this may be a waste of time since this thread hasn't been active for a month but here it goes anyway. I am using the model3.ini file that MWM wrote for the Devo 7e, it works just fine except for the issue that was addressed here:

"For the init issue, try going to Model menu -> Mixer -> Enable (Complex), Switch to page 4, then down to Switch, and hit Right Arrow once to change it from HOLD1 to HOLD0. Then back up to save it.

I believe that will fix the init issues. Looks like a transcription error from the 10 (which doesn't have a HOLD switch)."

I have done exactly this numerous times with no results, so what I did was go to:

Model Menu->Mixer->Thold (Complex), Switch to Page3, Change Hold0 to Hold1, save it.

I leave this as is :Model menu -> Mixer -> Enable (Complex), Switch to page 4, then down to Switch, HOLD0.

For some reason this works for me and everything works as it should.
Init is as follows : Hold switch in Hold0 position, Rudder back and forth at 0% throttle. Throttle hold is in Hold1 switch position.

I am running the newest firmware 4.0.1

Big thanks to MWM, I have read your blog and tutorial numerous times trying to get my head around this model config thing. Slow progress so far but I appreciate the effort you made!

More
23 Aug 2015 10:21 #37163 by mwm

NinerRider wrote: For some reason this works for me and everything works as it should.
Init is as follows : Hold switch in Hold0 position, Rudder back and forth at 0% throttle. Throttle hold is in Hold1 switch position.

Rudder back and forth is the standard Spektrum init. The model config just automates that for you. The way it should work is that switching the model out of hold (Hold going from Hold1 to Hold0 in your case), the quad will init.

So try this: put it in Hold1, power everything on, then switch to Hold0.

If that doesn't work, try the model.ini file that goes with the tutorial. It's a bit cleaner than the original one. And I have a copy of it handy :-)

More
23 Aug 2015 14:00 #37166 by NinerRider

Rudder back and forth is the standard Spektrum init. The model config just automates that for you. The way it should work is that switching the model out of hold (Hold going from Hold1 to Hold0 in your case), the quad will init.

So try this: put it in Hold1, power everything on, then switch to Hold0.

If that doesn't work, try the model.ini file that goes with the tutorial. It's a bit cleaner than the original one. And I have a copy of it handy :-)

Okay, so I tried this "put it in Hold1, power everything on, then switch to Hold0" with no luck.

I then uploaded your 200QX-3.ini file off the tutorial, correct me if I am wrong but it looks as if you wrote this for a Devo 10.

I have the Devo 7e and I am not getting the Blue intermediate mode. I only get the Red and Green modes with the 2 position FMode switch, the throttle hold was also backwards but I switched it from THold0 to THold1 and it works as it should.

If I start in Thold1 once it binds I can switch to THold0 and the motors start up as they should.

Thanks so much, every time I re-read your tutorial more and more is starting to sink in.

More
23 Aug 2015 14:06 #37167 by mwm
Yes, the model is written for the Devo 10. It's the final version of the one discussed in the tutorial.

I've help people put together 7E configs that used the throttle trim to switch between flight modes. Done it more than once, and can't remember the details. Personally, I'd do something like FMODE 1 is Red, and in FMODE 0 the throttle trim switched between Blue and Purple.

You might also look over the stagility stuff, and change it to be a fixed value that you like rather than using AUX4 dial that you don't have.

More
08 Sep 2015 00:56 - 08 Sep 2015 03:55 #37546 by NinerRider
Hey Mike the dial-able stagiity you came up with is pure genius! I gave up on the Devo 7e and got a Devo 10, loved the 7e but it was just a little to limiting once you started flying more complicated aircraft. I am running your latest posted 200qx config. Something happened today that really surprised me, I was flying in intermediate mode (Blue mode) as usual, went into a banked turn really hard with full right yaw and you guessed it did a complete barrel roll. Scared the crap out of me since I have never flipped it before. I quickly figured out that I was in a stagility mode even though the 200x was clearly in intermediate mode. Did something get mixed up in my .ini file or has this feature always been there? I have flown in intermediate mode at least 75-100 times at full yaw and this has never happened. Is it possible that the Aux5 was always on minimum in the past so this never happened? I went through the bind procedure twice, once putting it in the normal modes and the second time putting it in 3D modes; it still continues to have dial-able stagility in the blue mode.
Thanks
Last edit: 08 Sep 2015 03:55 by NinerRider.

More
10 Sep 2015 17:12 #37637 by mwm
Nope, it shouldn't be in stagility mode if you're stability (blue) mode.

Can you test it by putting it in blue mode before you start the motors, and going to full cyclic with AUX5 set somewhere in the middle? That shouldn't go to red mode. If it goes to red, upload your model file as I suspect something is broken there.

More
10 Sep 2015 22:45 #37647 by NinerRider

mwm wrote: Nope, it shouldn't be in stagility mode if you're stability (blue) mode.

Can you test it by putting it in blue mode before you start the motors, and going to full cyclic with AUX5 set somewhere in the middle? That shouldn't go to red mode. If it goes to red, upload your model file as I suspect something is broken there.

Yes that is exactly what is happening, this is a short video of what is happening.

Here is my .ini file

File Attachment:

File Name: model11.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
12 Sep 2015 18:26 #37693 by mwm
I don't know why it didn't sink in before, but yes, this is the way it's supposed to work. Stagility works in intermediate mode, not the other two.

More
13 Sep 2015 02:25 #37706 by NinerRider

mwm wrote: I don't know why it didn't sink in before, but yes, this is the way it's supposed to work. Stagility works in intermediate mode, not the other two.

Okay good to know, but I am still experiencing an issue with the stagility and I wanted to get your input. Lately when I do flip it, the 200 does self level but it holds a little yaw in the direction I flipped it. So if I yaw right and flip it when I let off the sticks it self levels but is tilted to the right enough that I must counter with left yaw to keep from drifting off. Also applying left yaw doesn't return it to level flight it wants to continue that right yaw until I turn Aux5 back to zero and give it a little right left yaw. At that point it is back to flying normally in blue mode. If I try to do a double flip it really is unstable when it comes out of the flips and holds a lot of yaw to the point I have crashed a few times. Are you seeing this behavior at all? Do you think it is worth reloading the Firmware and .ini file?
Thanks

More
13 Sep 2015 19:10 #37727 by mwm
I'm not seeing that behavior, but I'm spending time on my yachts and not flying much. Haven't seen it in the past, either.

But I have seen reports of similar behavior. This isn't an issue with the Tx, but the quad. The accelerometer software looses calibration after repeated rapid changes like that. This is why HH doesn't support stagility mode, and I have warnings about using it. In some cases, it takes a reload of the quad firmware to correct it.

More
14 Sep 2015 22:22 #37767 by NinerRider

mwm wrote: I'm not seeing that behavior, but I'm spending time on my yachts and not flying much. Haven't seen it in the past, either.

But I have seen reports of similar behavior. This isn't an issue with the Tx, but the quad. The accelerometer software looses calibration after repeated rapid changes like that. This is why HH doesn't support stagility mode, and I have warnings about using it. In some cases, it takes a reload of the quad firmware to correct it.

Thanks I will reload the firmware and see if that makes a difference, post back with results.

More
15 Sep 2015 00:30 - 15 Sep 2015 00:32 #37771 by mwm
Sorry about being ambiguous there. Reloading the firmware doesn't make the issue with the accelerometer losing calibration go away, but may be required to correct the calibration.

IOW, the quad starts tilting and you have to reload the firmware to get the tilt to stop.

Last edit: 15 Sep 2015 00:32 by mwm.

More
16 Sep 2015 22:03 #37809 by mwm
One final note: the current version of the model config uses the [safety] section to check that AUX5 is at min. That way, you don't wind up taking off thinking you've got normal stability mode when you have stagiilty turned on.

To check this, you'll need to look in the model file. It should have the line "AUX5=min" in the "[safety]" section.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds