Blade 200QX

More
11 Aug 2014 11:30 - 11 Aug 2014 21:12 #25139 by LittleMonkey
Replied by LittleMonkey on topic Blade 200QX
Hi MWN,

Thanks for your comments.
You're right. My configuration answers my needs, but will not work in every flying condition (specially in 3D mode).
I will add a note on my previous post about that point.

In my mind 3D mode may require a seperate configuration file (mostly because the throttle now starts from 0 to +/-100%, so a simple expo curve will not do well on that channel).
So throttle cut management should definetly be different in that new configuration.

mwm wrote: Do you mean "stability" here, and not "stagility"? Or is this for the new 3d modes, so you're changing between "3d stability" and "3d stagility"?

I meant high angle stability (blue LED). The colors in the table at point (3) should represent the mode LED color.

mwm wrote: In any case, you might want to look at my "dialable stagility" mix above. Instead of adjusting the mix, I pull the value off one of the analog inputs on the Devo 10 (or 12), allowing for adjusting it in flight. This also means I don't need a mode where it's disabled, as I just turn it all the way down. For the 8, you might be able to use one of the extra trims to do that.

The idea of having 3 MIX postions was to progressively remove gyro help when you are learning agility mode.
When you feal self confident, you can just increase the MIX, or come back to previous if it's too hard for now. (or it is just too windy today for full agility, I want a bit gyro)
I can't easly refind exact previous settings if I use the extra TRIMs.
But I may use them to adjust the level from where I go from "high angle stability" to agility mode. ;)

mwm wrote: [About throttle cut "security"]
Depending on what, where, how you fly and what you're planning on flying, you could make things less safe or develop bad habits.

By now I never pressed the throttle by error. But I try to learn from other people mistakes. So I add that feature because I think that may happend by accident one day.
As you said, (and I already totally agreed) that depends on how I'm flying.

In my case, I expect much more damage with a bad throttle cut, that in any other situation . (just because I fly at 50m high or over sea).
And I will have no luck to recover (even if the quad is still in the air for the next 3 seconds).

I use to fly small quads with no throttle cut functionnality. So I already have what we could name "bad habits" in some situtations (ex : 3D) : lower the throttle as fast as possible if I loose control close to the ground.
But that is what saved these little quads ;).
And I actually have long fingers ;), so I'm able to have one finger close to RUDD D/R while having one other finger on the throttle stick.
(usefull when I catch my 200QX from one hand at the end of the flight)
So if there is a delay for lowering throttle and switching RUDD D/R, it is very minimal, just because I can do both in the same time.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2014 21:12 by LittleMonkey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2014 19:15 #25310 by Torch
Replied by Torch on topic Blade 200QX
Anyone flying their 200QX with updated firmware (3D Stability and 3D Agility mode) and how well it works with Deviaton?

More
20 Aug 2014 20:47 - 20 Aug 2014 21:26 #25312 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 200QX

Torch wrote: Anyone flying their 200QX with updated firmware (3D Stability and 3D Agility mode) and how well it works with Deviaton?

Works fine. There's no need for stagility mode, though. I just leave it dialed off.

EDIT: I forgot! In order to switch between 2d and 3d modes, you need to make sure all the switches that muck with the signal to the quad are off. No dual rates, no panic switch, and most important, if you have an Init/Throttle kill switch, it should be in the "armed and ready to fly" state! Otherwise, the quad won't get the right signals when you bind it holding the sticks as needed.

This seems to be true for all the Blade "do something odd when I bind" things.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 20 Aug 2014 21:26 by mwm.

More
09 Sep 2014 01:20 #25559 by Torch
Replied by Torch on topic 3D firmware uodate
Firmware updated from HH. But not getting new 3d modes. LED still showing Green, Blue and Red?

I held rudder to left during binding.

More
09 Sep 2014 01:23 #25560 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3D firmware uodate
See the post just above yours about making sure all the things that tweak the signal are off. Anything other than what a non-computerized Tx would send will cause it to not change modes on bind.

More
09 Sep 2014 02:16 #25561 by Torch
Replied by Torch on topic Blade 200QX
Got it working. To bind to new firmware. The throttle hold must be disengage during binding, when you move the rudder to the left.

More
09 Sep 2014 02:51 #25562 by Torch
Replied by Torch on topic Model for 3D mode
Updated to new 3D however i am not getting enough throws in all modes plus decrease in power and speed. Think we should have another model.ini for 3d to account for update throttle cuts, rates...etc.

More
23 Sep 2014 21:08 #25778 by glennaustindesign@gmail.com
Replied by glennaustindesign@gmail.com on topic Blade 200QX
Hi,
I've followed this thread to get my Devo 10 Tx working with my 2 200qx airframes (one original frame, one Phoenix CF frame)

I'll be happy if I can simply emulate my busted Spektrum 6 but I still get the issue Torch got where when armed the throttle is at least half on and not adjustable. I have input the -150 safety adjustment and tried to find where the 104% throttle setting would go

I've been using the init before Stagility right after Torch reported good function. Ideally the complete working init for the old firmware would be in a library somewhere and perhaps I've missed it on the Deviation site.

Thanks for your help- I'm pleased to be a Deviant!
Glenn

More
15 Dec 2014 08:44 #26994 by Riddhi
Replied by Riddhi on topic Blade 200QX
Hi ! Anyone have a config for DEVO 7E to make the 3D agility mode work on it ?

More
15 Dec 2014 08:50 #26995 by mwm
You don't need a special config to use the 3d modes. You just need to bind the 200 with the sticks in the magic position to get the firmware to switch to the 3d modes. If the one you are using has a hold/init switch, make sure it's in the enabled position, or the magic binding won't work.

More
18 Dec 2014 21:38 - 19 Dec 2014 08:39 #27085 by Riddhi
Replied by Riddhi on topic Blade 200QX
First of all, Sorry for my bad english, i'm a badass french boy ^^
I've to order my 200qx in next days, which config i've to use for my 7E?
Anyone can explain to me how to change standards modes easily (i'm a new user on devo controllers), 3D modes comes later

Because i'm lost in this thread.... Hahaha

Thanks a lot guys
Last edit: 19 Dec 2014 08:39 by Riddhi.

More
24 Dec 2014 16:23 - 24 Dec 2014 16:23 #27203 by RCHobbyBuddies
Replied by RCHobbyBuddies on topic Blade 200QX

Riddhi wrote: First of all, Sorry for my bad english, i'm a badass french boy ^^
I've to order my 200qx in next days, which config i've to use for my 7E?
Anyone can explain to me how to change standards modes easily (i'm a new user on devo controllers), 3D modes comes later

Because i'm lost in this thread.... Hahaha

Thanks a lot guys

Hello Riddhi,

This is the file Im using for Temp.. It will get you in the air with 2 flight modes.. Green-Low Stability Fmod0 & Blue-High stability FMOD 1
Motor trun on = Hold1 Turn off = HOLD0

make sure all trims are middle and sticks are down and switches are on 0 then turn off Radio.. Turn on 200qx let it get to Blue Blinking..
Then turn on radio and go to the model menu and down to BIND and press ENTER.. wait 20 sec and it will BIND.. your FMOD 0=GREEN FMOD 1=Blue.. Turn your motors on HOLD1 and your off and flying... Agility (RED) can not be accessed with this file..
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Dec 2014 16:23 by RCHobbyBuddies.

More
24 Dec 2014 16:52 #27205 by RCHobbyBuddies
Replied by RCHobbyBuddies on topic Devo 7E (no MODS) 20$ PayPal for 200qx Model.ini
If any one has a 200qx MODEL file for the Devo 7E no switch MODS or anyone that might have the heart to make one for us NON progaming Rookies I would gladly donate 20$ for one to be made with the following settings

HOLD 0 = Motors Off
HOLD 1 = Motors ON

FMOD 0 = Green
FMOD 1 = Blue --(Rudder 60%, ELV/AIL 90%)
Left V Trim(+) =Blue--(rudder 80%, ELV/AIL 100%)
Left V Trim(-) =RED

Countdown Timer = 600-- SRC = HOLD1 -- Reset = EXT button
StopWatch Timer --SRC = Throttle --Reset = FMOD0

Battery Voltage on screen if 200qx has telemetry

The file I am using from above is from this Thread made for 8 or 10 cant remember, but it does everything except the Trims and Timer settings i want. I just dont know enough and havent been able to Learn enough on my own to make it work..

I have no range with this file either, I can fly the Hubsan out of LOS and not lose control. But Ill be flying above my house with the qx and shell stop responding and continue on with the path it was on (what ever direction) and crash going to white light.. flying in close it responds like a champ.

I have only flown the Hubsan before this 200qx but I know im a good pilot so please Help me fix these issues so I can put my FPV setup on it and feel safe..

More
29 Dec 2014 22:25 #27321 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic Blade 200QX
Did you do the diode mod and enable 150mw output on your devo7e?

More
30 Dec 2014 05:00 #27328 by RCHobbyBuddies
Yes I fixed the range problem thanks, and I think I have this Model.INI file the best I can.. Its def. flyable the rest is just personal pref.. I will still give 20.00 to who ever can writ my MODEL file as above..

Thanks

More
30 Dec 2014 10:19 #27334 by mwm
Ok, here's a version of the model file you posted with the trim switches & timers you asked for.

Two notes on the config as downloaed.
  1. It had a version of my sticky throttle hold, but it wasn't working right in that it never disabled - even before I started modifying things. I changed it back to just use a standard throttle hold, as that's what the main page toggles show. Let me know if that's not right, and I'll fix it in the next version.
  2. The dual rates weren't the 90% you asked for, but 70%. I changed them to 90% here. Again, let me know if that's not right, and I'll fix it in the next version..
Timer's don't have a SRC, they have a SWITCH and a RESET. They only run when the SWITCH is > -100%. I assume that's what you meant by source.

Timer resets happen whenever the RESET is on. So your stopwatch timer continuously resets in FMODE0, meaning it doesn't run then. That doesn't seem right to me, but it's what you asked for.

I'm not sure quite what you want for the flight mode stuff. I implemented my first thought about it, then decided that that didn't make a lot of sense. So I started looking at it, and couldn't figure out what you were after. So you get the first attempt, which is why I'm sure there'll be a next version. Long-winded explanation follows. Sorry if I'm covering the obvious.

Trim switches get one of three behaviors. That's the first source of confusion - it's not clear whether I should treat the LV trim switch as an up/down switch or a pair of buttons. Either is possible. In fact, there are two behaviors for "pair of buttons", one in which it acts as a momentary switch (on while you hold it down) and one where it acts like a toggle (on until you push it down again). The latter is what the attached file does.

As a single up/down switch, you have four switch states (FMOD0/LV-, FMOD0/LV+, FMOD1/LV-, FMOD1/LV+) which matches the four flight modes you want, but it's not clear to me how to map from those switch states to what you want. As a pair of buttons, you have 8 states, as both LV+ and LV- have two different states. That possibility leaves me really confused!

It should be possible to make the trim switch work as a pair of momentary switches that force a flight mode change. Haven't done it, so I'm not positive about it. I'm less sure about making changes to the FMODE switch do that, but it might be possible. If that's what you really want - so that you could be in Red mode when the FMODE switch is in position 0 - let me know, and I'll work on it.

My preference would be to use the the LV trim to toggle between two "submodes" on the flight mode switch, mostly because doing this makes it possible to add a main page toggle indicator that would distinguish between the two blue modes. I'd probably start with something like this:

FMODE 0, LV- -> Green mode
FMODE 0, LV+ -> Blue mode, Rudder 60%, ELE/AIL 90%
FMODE 1, LV- -> Blue mode, Rudder 90%, ELE/AIL 100%
FMODE 1, LV+ -> Red mode

This makes switching between the two blue rates painful, so maybe you'd like a different order - assuming I'm close to what you want.

Final question: which version of the firmware are you running? If it's the nigthlies and not 4.0.1, I'm working on a more flexible main page toggle setup that would help with this.

Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2014 11:18 #27337 by RCHobbyBuddies

mwm wrote: Ok, here's a version of the model file you posted with the trim switches & timers you asked for.

Two notes on the config as downloaed.

1. It had a version of my sticky throttle hold, but it wasn't working right in that it never disabled - even before I started modifying things. I changed it back to just use a standard throttle hold, as that's what the main page toggles show. Let me know if that's not right, and I'll fix it in the next version.
  2. The dual rates weren't the 90% you asked for, but 70%. I changed them to 90% here. Again, let me know if that's not right, and I'll fix it in the next version..
Timer's don't have a SRC, they have a SWITCH and a RESET. They only run when the SWITCH is > -100%. I assume that's what you meant by source.

Timer resets happen whenever the RESET is on. So your stopwatch timer continuously resets in FMODE0, meaning it doesn't run then. That doesn't seem right to me, but it's what you asked for.

I'm not sure quite what you want for the flight mode stuff. I implemented my first thought about it, then decided that that didn't make a lot of sense. So I started looking at it, and couldn't figure out what you were after. So you get the first attempt, which is why I'm sure there'll be a next version. Long-winded explanation follows. Sorry if I'm covering the obvious.

Trim switches get one of three behaviors. That's the first source of confusion - it's not clear whether I should treat the LV trim switch as an up/down switch or a pair of buttons. Either is possible. In fact, there are two behaviors for "pair of buttons", one in which it acts as a momentary switch (on while you hold it down) and one where it acts like a toggle (on until you push it down again). The latter is what the attached file does.

As a single up/down switch, you have four switch states (FMOD0/LV-, FMOD0/LV+, FMOD1/LV-, FMOD1/LV+) which matches the four flight modes you want, but it's not clear to me how to map from those switch states to what you want. As a pair of buttons, you have 8 states, as both LV+ and LV- have two different states. That possibility leaves me really confused!

It should be possible to make the trim switch work as a pair of momentary switches that force a flight mode change. Haven't done it, so I'm not positive about it. I'm less sure about making changes to the FMODE switch do that, but it might be possible. If that's what you really want - so that you could be in Red mode when the FMODE switch is in position 0 - let me know, and I'll work on it.

My preference would be to use the the LV trim to toggle between two "submodes" on the flight mode switch, mostly because doing this makes it possible to add a main page toggle indicator that would distinguish between the two blue modes. I'd probably start with something like this:

FMODE 0, LV- -> Green mode
FMODE 0, LV+ -> Blue mode, Rudder 60%, ELE/AIL 90%
FMODE 1, LV- -> Blue mode, Rudder 90%, ELE/AIL 100%
FMODE 1, LV+ -> Red mode

This makes switching between the two blue rates painful, so maybe you'd like a different order - assuming I'm close to what you want.

Final question: which version of the firmware are you running? If it's the nigthlies and not 4.0.1, I'm working on a more flexible main page toggle setup that would help with this.

Thanks for the reply,

I see I still have a lot to learn, I will try the file on the 200qx when I get home tonight. but I see what you are saying about the Timers resetting with the FMODE0. and I think I understand about the switches..That was my best shot at assigning what I wanted with the options I thought I understood.

Ok.. So before you do more work on a file, can you tell me how you would set up the switches with the options I asked for..

Green Mode
Blue Mode 75-RUD 90 ELV/AIL
Blue Mode - MAX everything
RED Mode (which really I don't need right now due to only owning one and want to keep flying it) But I would at least have the option to try it but hit a switch to get out of it real quick

I like the 3 Timers but how to reset them does need fixed..

How about 1 Timer always counts up with the HOLD on 1
2nd Timer only counts up when throttle is anything but -100
3rd Timer Count DOWN from 5 minutes

If we still are not on same page let me know if you think we are then please write file.

Thanks for responding and helping, I learned a lot...

jp

p.s. I have deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1-92e1705 NIGHTLY or the 4.01 stock I can use either what ever is best for you..

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...1705.zip
File Size:807 KB
Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2014 11:59 #27339 by mwm
What gets put where really depends on what you want them for. I use a devo10 (did I mention this has only been tested on the emulator? that may be why I'm seeing some odd behaviors) and a dialable stagility mode most of the time. So if it were me, I'd probably do something like:

LV+: FMODE0 is green (letting someone else fly it), FMODE1 is red (for those rare occasions I want to fly red)
LV-: blue mode, with FMODE as a low/high rate switch. This is what I'd use most of the time

Set up so LV switches between green and blue low rates, and between red and blue high rates, depending on the FMODE switch. That's assuming LV starts in LV-. If it starts in LV+, swap the two around.

I can do the timers as you want. Right now, the third timer isn't doing anything. It's just on the screen. I'd make it a permanent timer switched on the throttle or hold, to log the total hours of flight time on the aircraft. Or you could do both.

I was just curious about which build you're running. I'm trying to get to the point of rewriting the main page toggle icon code so it can sanely handle something like what you're doing, with a single icon position to display all four flight modes. If you can run nightlies, I can create a build that's what you have now + my display changes and a model to take advantage of it as well. I'll be using such for my 200QX (which uses the GEAR switch to simulate the 200SRX Panic mode) as well.

More
30 Dec 2014 15:30 #27343 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic Blade 200QX
Ok knowing this is now easily flyable with a devo 7e I am geeting one! Is there a way to get a stagility mode as well?

More
30 Dec 2014 15:39 #27344 by mwm

ogrope1 wrote: Ok knowing this is now easily flyable with a devo 7e I am geeting one! Is there a way to get a stagility mode as well?

Sure. It's just some mixer tweaks. You can't do a dialable stagility mode (well, not without another input box), and you'll need to figure out how to select it.

The 200QX really wants a three-position switch, which the 7E doesn't have stock. DeviationTx has support for adding one (or even two), though. Or if you add a box to get dialable mode, you could use that as well.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds