Elevon mixing

More
20 Feb 2015 01:43 #28901 by ronnie918644
Elevon mixing was created by ronnie918644
:( Can someone tell me the steps to create elevon mix. I am trying to set tx to a Flite Test F22 foamboard plane. I just changed to Deviation and I dont understand how to do it. I had it working fine with the original Devention setup. Help would greatly be appreciated. I am a newbee at Deviation. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2015 04:03 #28902 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Elevon mixing
This question was asked and answered many many times on the forums. Please use search you'll even find a template.

Anyway, look at this:

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
20 Feb 2015 04:12 #28903 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Elevon mixing
Well, the easiest thing to do would be to search the forums for "elevon", as there are a number of model files out there already that you can crib from.

If you want to learn how to do it yourself, then you might start with my tutorial on writing model configs . That will show you the basics of creating a model config from scratch. It covers the advanced mixer GUI, but you're going to have to use that anyway. The deviationTx standard mixer GUI is pretty wimpy, because you can always used the advanced GUI. That gives you the ability to do nearly anything, but you have to know what the channels need to output.

My quick stab at elevon mixing (I don't fly much fixed wings, so this cold be completely off): Start with one of the channels that is going to one of your elevon servos. Set the type to complex and Mixers to 2. On the first mixer, set the Src to ELE, the Curve to 1-1, and leave everything else alone. On the second mixer, set the Src to AIL, the mux to add, the Curve to 1-1, and again leave everything else alone.

Now plug everything in and make sure it's working properly for that one channel. You may need to reverse something: either the channel if everything is backwards, or the Src in the mixer if only one control is backwards. Details on who to do that in the tutorial . You probably want to adjust the Scale on the two mixes, but I have no idea to what values. You can experiment with those here. Or you might be able to crib those from your devention setup, but they'll need translating. If you tell me what they are, I can do that for you.

Ok, step two: copy the mix you created above to the channel that outputs to the servo on the other elevon. Now edit the second mixer - the one with aileron input - and invert the Src channel. Or set it to not inverted if it was inverted before. That will make the aileron move that surface in the opposite direction.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
20 Feb 2015 04:58 #28904 by ronnie918644
Replied by ronnie918644 on topic Elevon mixing
Thankyou very much I ll search for your tutorials and try to learn what I need. I really appreciate your time and fast response

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds