Blade 230s

More
25 Jul 2016 20:51 #52152 by auceto
Replied by auceto on topic Blade 230s
Sorry MWM but I would like to know only a little thing:
have I to use panic button and move sticks to appropriate position to enter in advance settings?
Have you the blade 230s and devo with deviation or not?
Have you tried to enter in advance setting for configuring some stuff?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2016 07:07 #52159 by Gerhard_H
Replied by Gerhard_H on topic Blade 230s
Hi !

I for myself had never dealt with the advanced settings on the 230S, just flew ist out of the box with my Devo 7E.

As there is neither Bind nor Panic Button with a Devo radio you have to configure your Devo radio yourself. You do not need a Bind button (made by software or menu respectively) and the Panic function has to be assigned to a switch, these points had been figured out as far as I remember in this forum and even in this thread and I assume it's clear for you.

Therefore - why not simply try it out ?
You have all you need. All you have to notice is the fact that the Spektrum Bind/Panic Button is a momentary switch (knob) which releases automatically, it's working as long as it is pressed down. If you have assigned the Panic function on your radio with a stationary switch (2 ways, 3 ways) you've got to release it manually.

More
26 Jul 2016 12:58 - 26 Jul 2016 13:01 #52166 by Gerhard_H
Replied by Gerhard_H on topic Blade 230s
@auceto
Hi!
Since I own a Devo 10 too I had taken a closer look at the radio.
I had assigned SAFE / PANIC to the Gear Switch, Gear 1 is SAFE /PANIC ON, Gear 0 OFF respectively.
Now I gave it a try, following the manual, and I think you can do also (first check out the concerning assignments, of course).
Switch on the heli normal, bind if necessary.
You now should have the heli in flyable condition, check it. Check all servos and the motor.
Now simply follow "Entering Gain Adjustment Mode":
You can begin with ยง6, it's not necessary to unplug and plug in the battery again.
Move and hold the appropriate sticks as described, while keeping them in position switch the GEAR Switch (or what switch you had assigned) from 0 to 1. Wait until the swashplate servos move.
Now release both the sticks and the GEAR switch.
You are now in Adjustment Mode.
Fairly simple, isn't it ?
Unplugging the flight battery and plugging it in again brings you back to normal flight mode.
I surely could send you the concerning ini-file, the problem is (?) that I use reversed Throttle and Pitch on the Throttle Stick; I lift up by pulling the stick just like in an aeroplane (and the real helo, too)..
Hope I could help a little bit.
Last edit: 26 Jul 2016 13:01 by Gerhard_H.

More
26 Jul 2016 13:11 #52167 by auceto
Replied by auceto on topic Blade 230s
Finally,

thanks a lot Gerhard,

Sure, I could test it alone, but first I wanted to be sure do not do any damage... and you have risked for me.
Don't worry for ini file, I downloaded the file in the OP and it's a good start.

Now I'm at my jobplace, when I came back home, I'll try.

Thanks, thanks again sincerely

More
05 Feb 2017 18:39 - 05 Feb 2017 18:40 #58785 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic Blade 230s
Hi.

I donwloaded and altered a little the .ini file Gerhard_H has posted for the Blade 230s. What i did (or at least i tried to do), is to set the SAFE on the FMOD2 switch as it is impossible for me to find the Gear switch while in "panic".

So, i set the Stabilized mode on FMOD0 (that works ok), i dropped the Agility mode as i don't need it, and i set 3D mode on FMOD1 (that also works ok, i have flown several times). The problem is that i am not sure i have setup correctly the SAFE to be on the FMOD2.

When i switch to FMOD2 there is defenatelly something going on, because the heli slows down and comes almost level, but i can't tell if the heli really goes to SAFE mode or simply goes to Stability mode. I have my doubts because while in FMOD2 (supposdely SAFE), i still have control of the throttle while i think i shoudn't have.

Would someone be kind enough to check the attached .ini file and see if and what i am doing wrong? Thank you.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Feb 2017 18:40 by Fer.

More
07 Apr 2017 00:14 #61226 by s. soich
Replied by s. soich on topic Blade 230s
This is my first post in this forum.
I am using a Devo 8s with DeviationTX 5.0.
Been flying the 230s using the Jo3M3tal ini file. Heli flies well. My question is it possible to emulate the Spektrum DX series of transmitters to enter the advanced settings mode to be able to calibrate the ar636 reciever and also to be able to perform a trim flight. I have been able to enter the servo setting mode, but that's it. I have tried all of the Blade BNF advanced settings modes (according to the 230s manual) and have thus far not been able to perform a trim flight or do a calibration procedure to the heli.
I have searched this forum countless times as well as the internet forums for an answer to this problem. No luck so far. Of course Horizon Hobby is no help because I am not using a Spektrum transmitter.
Anybody out there that has a solution please get back to the community with it.
I appreciate all the help I can get.
Thanks,
Steve

More
11 Apr 2017 08:18 #61373 by Fer

Fer wrote: Hi.

Would someone be kind enough to check the attached .ini file and see if and what i am doing wrong? Thank you.

Just to let you know, safe does works ok, i had to "test" it a couple of days ago and it saved my Heli.

Many thanks to all, and especially Gerhard_H whos file i used.

More
15 May 2017 06:40 - 15 May 2017 06:42 #62313 by kiwi-craig
Replied by kiwi-craig on topic Blade 230s
guys, I have been a die hard deviation / Devo 10 flier, but when it comes to blades your pushing the proverbial up hill with a tooth pick.......... I bought a DX8 and can honestly say all my blades; nano / mcpx, msrx, 200 srx , 230s , 300x and 300 cfx fly miles better than anything i could achieve on the devo............ I know it shouldn't make any difference, but by god it does......... the 300x/cfx with the AR7200 was basically unflyable, the 200 / 230 where not great either.......... on the DX it's bloody magic ! some times if just makes sense to go with the TX units the manufacturer set the birds up on......... was an eye opener for me....... blades + Spectrum = no hassles......
Last edit: 15 May 2017 06:42 by kiwi-craig.

More
15 May 2017 12:50 #62319 by Fer
I used a friend's DX7s to set up the PIDs correctly on the 230S unit, and then just bound it to DEVO 10. I can't see any difference in the way it flyes either with the DX7s or the DEVO 10 or even a DX6e i tried. It does fly better with the DEVO than it does with the crippled DXe it comes with in the RTH combo. Possibly there is a way to see the PIDs on the DEVO 10 too (telemetry???) but i went the easy way borrowing a Spektrum. All other blade helis i had till now, mcpxs and 130Xs, all fly pretty well with the DEVO 10. Of course there could always be a feature they have implemented in their heli units that makes them perform better with spektrum tx's... who knows.

More
23 Jan 2018 16:43 - 23 Jan 2018 16:43 #67079 by mgilbert
Replied by mgilbert on topic Blade 230s - Bind/Panic Switch
I've read everything I can find in this forum about assigning a switch on the Devo 10 to be a Panic/Bind switch. I have my Mix switch set up to turn stability on and off, so I would like to have my Gear switch, or one of the DR switches, set up as a Panic/Bind switch. I understand about this not being a momentary switch.

Here's my question - is there a simple way to do this using the Standard setup mode? The Advanced setup mode is just too complicated.

Thanks...
Last edit: 23 Jan 2018 16:43 by mgilbert.

More
04 Aug 2018 11:34 #70090 by shwmae
Replied by shwmae on topic Blade 230s
I've just bought a 230s and want to use my Devo 8 to fly it.

I'm also struggling to understand the advanced ini files uploaded in this thread.

Can anyone upload a simpler version please?

More
04 Aug 2018 13:52 #70092 by auceto
Replied by auceto on topic Blade 230s ini file
Hi,
I have Devo 10, and I think my ini file is the same for you.

File Attachment:

File Name: Model230s.ini
File Size:2 KB

I hope this is usefull...
Good flight
Attachments:

More
04 Aug 2018 16:10 #70094 by shwmae
Replied by shwmae on topic Blade 230s ini file
Thank you!

I still don't understand how SAFE mode is activated or how to adjust the Gyro but at least I got my heli bound and working now.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds