WL Toys V911 with Devo 7E (Mode2)

More
01 Feb 2016 20:31 - 06 Feb 2016 12:52 #42497 by zyta2k
WL Toys V911 with Devo 7E (Mode2) was created by zyta2k
Hi,

here's a working (at least for me) config for the V911 and the Devo7E.

Credits to:
pfriedel in Devo 7e models
rototophe in WL Toys - V911

A working V911.BMP vor Devo7E is inside this forum. Just search :)

My setup is heavily inspired by the configs above. But i've made some modifications / changes, especially regaring the 7E (and some changes to the Reverse-Settings).
+ HOLD
+ FMOD (0=Indoor/Beginner, 1=Agile)
+ Toggles on Main for HOLD/FMOD
+ Timer (360sec), Countdown at main screen @ THR. Maybe change it to 5Min (300sec). Depends on your batt :)
+ Security on THR
+ Quickpage1 (Long press UP+): Mixer
+ Quickpage2 (Long press DN-): Channel Monitor

CH1 (AIL): Reverse, -100/100, Complex, Expo, FMOD0 55%, FMOD1 95%
CH2 (ELE): Reverse, -100/100, Complex, Expo, FMOD0 55%, FMOD1 95%
CH3 (THR): -100/100, Safety=HOLD1, Safetyval -100
CH4 (RUD): -100/100, Complex, Expo, FMOD0 70%, FMOD1 95%

Trimsteps: 0.1,5,3,5
Trim: Massive Trim on this setup. Pls test, or reset to ZERO according to your v911. The heli needs trims... customized to your model.
:blink: My trim changes massively only after changing the battery. So -> There is no setup which works w/o trimming out of the box (like a koax does). Fine-Trim the heli on every flight :)

//Update on Trims/Timer (06.02.2016):
The File model1_new has trims on ~0,0,0,0. I've adjusted the trim (for my v911) using subtrim settings inside the mixer.
Subtrim (new): AIL +20 (+2.0@RC), ELE +140 (+14.0@RC), RUD +70 (+7.0@RC)
Timer: 300sec (model1_new.ini), 360sec (model1.ini)

Warning: This config works for me, you have to trim your V911. Every V911 is unique :)

With this setup im able to hover my V911 absolutely stable w/o manual corrections on the sticks. At least after it's trimmed correctly :woohoo:

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. PLS TEST THIS SETUP CAREFULLY :evil:
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Feb 2016 12:52 by zyta2k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2016 06:08 #42610 by mailmanx
Replied by mailmanx on topic WL Toys V911 with Devo 7E (Mode2)
Will models, like this one, made for Devo7E (mode 2) also work on a Devo10 (mode 2)? I have a new Devo10 flashed with Deviation and would like to use this model and others that I've seen which were made for the Devo7E.

More
05 Feb 2016 08:12 #42615 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic WL Toys V911 with Devo 7E (Mode2)
Yes, except for switches. The switches have different names, so you may need to fix them. You can do that by editing the .ini file and doing a search and replace, or by loading the model file on the transmitter and editing it in the GUI, but that's probably harder. You can also try the switch conversion utility from deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussi...h-conversion-utility

Transmitter switch names are documented at bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/w...ansmitter%20switches

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
06 Feb 2016 01:52 #42650 by mailmanx
That is great information! There's just so much info to read and learn and I've only just started. I appreciate the gentle prod in the right direction. I'm obviously very late to the game since it seems that Walkera is getting out of the transmitter business, at least partially, and the peak of fascination with the Deviation project has past its prime. Still, I am SO looking forward to putting several dozen transmitters away. The flying bug bit me hard and as did the addictive side of this hobby. I can't believe how many different helicopters, quads and airplanes I have purchased in the past year. Thankfully, they aren't shelf queens - I try to fly one or two every day. If I can get my new Devo10 to work with most of them, it will be AWESOME!

More
06 Feb 2016 07:34 #42654 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic WL Toys V911 with Devo 7E (Mode2)
What makes you think interest in deviation is past it's prime? Deviation runs on some newer walkera transmitters, and the "drone explosion" seems to have generated more interest than ever. After all, there are lots of these RTF quads that have incompatible protocols, and if you want to fly them with a hobby grade transmitter, or just one transmitter, deviation is one of the only two choices. The other option had more expensive hardware that's harder to mod for this and currently harder to use (though they are fixing that).

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
06 Feb 2016 13:12 #42665 by zyta2k
Replied by zyta2k on topic WL Toys V911 with Devo 7E (Mode2)
As mwn stated... it should work more or less. The Devo7E has MOD0/1 and no MOD2.

I'm not sure if you have to change the Reverse-Settings per chan. Maybe it depends on the tx you use.

Means: in any case, pls check the following 2 things before you fly
  • Check Channel Settings (Normal/Reverse)
  • Check Trims (Sub/Main)

And: I've updated Post1 with subtrims and a new model.
The V911 is a great, cheap and funny (indoor) heli. My learning curve is massive :) Great work Deviation-Crew! Your software roxx!

PS: sry for my bad grammar, im not an english native ;)

More
06 Feb 2016 18:49 #42687 by mailmanx

mwm wrote: What makes you think interest in deviation is past it's prime? Deviation runs on some newer walkera transmitters, and the "drone explosion" seems to have generated more interest than ever. After all, there are lots of these RTF quads that have incompatible protocols, and if you want to fly them with a hobby grade transmitter, or just one transmitter, deviation is one of the only two choices. The other option had more expensive hardware that's harder to mod for this and currently harder to use (though they are fixing that).

Hi MWM, it was a casual observation which I will be the first to admit could be completely incorrect. I think I based it most heavily on the fact that Walkera only seems to be manufacturing and supporting the Devo7 and 12E. However, as I search the forums, I see plenty of current activity, so I think I made a hasty judgement. My apologies. I can say with certainty that I am grateful for the forum and the ongoing support.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds