FT Delta Elevon Mixing

More
14 Jun 2016 14:40 #50610 by Groomaar
FT Delta Elevon Mixing was created by Groomaar
I was having lots of trouble on Devo 7e getting the mixing to work for my FT Delta. This is my first scratch build and first plane. I'm a multicopter guy, that just got into the hobby and decided to give planes a try. After many attempts and following lots of tutorials on how to do this, I kept ending up with the same error. I would have either my flaps move together no matter what the stick inputs AIL or ELE they would move together, or they would move opposite each other. This was regardless of whether the stick input was AIL or ELE. If I reversed one channel or another, the behaviour would switch from together to opposite, and vise-versa. After a format and refresh on my Devo 7e, I spent a long time messing around with the model and I finally got it to work. I first set my channels on the TX to default and decided which controlled which surface, and reversed as needed to make sure each servo correctly controlled it's particular surface. I then went into my model and made my adjustments on the PC side of things. Long story short, many hours, lots of cussing and swearing, and bingo! I got it working super. This is my model.ini it is using a Spektrum 610Rx w/o satellite, on a Flite Test Delta. I hope this helps someone somewhere, to avoid the hours I spent messing around with this. :)

File Attachment:

File Name: model1.ini
File Size:8 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds