setting up elevon

More
10 Dec 2016 06:03 #56732 by suzygs1000
setting up elevon was created by suzygs1000
I have been trying to set up an elevon on a flying wing for over a week, and am slowly going mad. I have read all the posts on the subject, and tried all the suggestions.
I think I may have found why I am having so much trouble.

I have the model set up for mode 2

However, if I go the the transmitter menu, and go into the channel output monitor, I have notice that right vertical stick is channel 2 instead of channel 1, and right horizontal is channel 1 instead of channel 2.. No wonder I am getting so confused. I always end up with all the servos working perfectly, except that the elevator is on right horizontal, and the aileron is on right vertical. Obviously, I can't fly like this. I have enough trouble with the channels on the right sticks.

How can I change this so that I can set things up without going round and round in circles?

I know it isn't something I have done, as this is also the result of stick outputs if I load the simple 4 channel template.

thanks for any help, Dave.

anyone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2016 06:14 #56733 by suzygs1000
Replied by suzygs1000 on topic setting up elevon
Ok, I have a fix for this, if anyone else is having problems. I had the number of channels in the model config set at 4. lf I change that to 8, then the sticks operate correctly. so now I will have another go at the wing.

Dave

More
13 Dec 2016 14:17 #56778 by RRacer
Replied by RRacer on topic setting up elevon
I have a working setup for a Viggen which is basically controlled like a flying wing.
Devo 10/Deviation 4.01 (will upgrade soon)

Throttle on ch1, MIX0/1/2: 80%/90%/100%
RUD DR1 is throttle hold.

Elevons on ch2 and ch3. Swap ch2/ch3 if elevons move the wrong way.
FMODE0 is the soft version, FMODE1 medium, FMODE2 a bit sharper (for the Viggen anyway, it can do 2-3 rolls per second).
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds