v450D03 and other model config files

More
30 Aug 2017 17:42 - 30 Aug 2017 17:44 #64038 by jhaleschuk
v450D03 and other model config files was created by jhaleschuk
I am just wondering now that I have the devention 5 loaded on my Devo 10 TX, Am I supposed to add model configurations to the models file in slots 1 through 30 via usb cable? If I am, where do I get those files to load into those spots to support my copter and future quads and planes that I plan on purchasing. Are they ini files?
I think I'm on the right track for getting going with my v450 but would need beginner settings to start with. My next purchase will be a qrx 350 as I've heard it a good quad to learn to fly with.
Also some WL toys files would be great too especially the 686 model.
Thanks for all your help lately, it's been great. This is a great site to learn from and I would like to contribute to it's purpose to keep it going.
Thanks again.
Jim
Last edit: 30 Aug 2017 17:44 by jhaleschuk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2017 20:14 #64039 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic v450D03 and other model config files
Click the "Wiki" link on the left, then click the "list of model files" link right under the "List of example model files". That will take you to www.deviationtx.com/wiki/model_config . Failing that, search the "model configs" section of the forum.

Deviation was originally designed as a super flexible, super powerful firmware for advanced hobby users (I've heard people complain about needing a CS degree to program it) who were expected to program their own models. It has since turned into a "Fly all the toys" firmware option, with a radically different set of people interested. But the support infrastructure hasn't moved along with it.

We really need a library of model files, but without a librarian to curate it, we don't get much luck. The wiki page is about it, but I don't think anyone has stepped up to do the necessary curation.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
02 Sep 2017 01:43 #64112 by jhaleschuk
Replied by jhaleschuk on topic v450D03 and other model config files
Wow mwm, Thanks for all your help as well as all the others who have pitched in with getting my Devo 10 and heli up and running. The file worked amazingly well and the heli is handling fine on my first hover ever!!

This site has been more than helpful to me and you all have been patient in getting me to look through and learn rather than always asking for direction which is one of my less desirable traits.
Thanks again!
Jim

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds