Hobbyzone SAFE Technology

More
22 Jan 2019 02:05 - 22 Jan 2019 17:36 #72462 by Ultracon
Hobbyzone SAFE Technology was created by Ultracon
I just bought a new Hobbyzone Delta Ray with the Hobbyzone SAFE receiver. I am trying to use DSMX as the protocol. Has anyone successfully programmed the Jumper TS8G Plus with a SAFE receiver?

To be clearer, I can bind the receiver and the elevons work perfectly. However, the throttle is non-existent as is the rudder control which is differential power to the right and left motors.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 17:36 by Ultracon. Reason: clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 05:05 #72720 by Ultracon
Replied by Ultracon on topic Hobbyzone SAFE Technology
Anyone?

More
06 Feb 2019 00:32 #72724 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Hobbyzone SAFE Technology
Can't answer yes to your question, but was curious and took a look at the manual. From the chart there it looks like the thrust mixing is done in the flight controller so nothing special needed in the tx. Do you have channels 5 and 6 set up in your model? The troubleshooting guide has a few things to check for unresponsive throttle.

More
06 Feb 2019 05:19 #72729 by Ultracon
I followed the troubleshooting, didn't help. Hobbyzone is sending me a replacement board but I bet it is some quirk with the Jumper radio. I'm about ready to scrap this thing and spend more $$ for a real DSMX Tx..... Spektrum. What a pia! I have dedicated SW A for channel 5 and SW H for channel 6. I am at a total loss on how to program the three position switch to the three flight modes of the receiver (beginner, intermediate, experienced). Ch 6, SW H is supposed to be the panic auto recovery switch. Again, no clue. Also trying to get help from the place I bought it...... sigh......

More
08 Feb 2019 01:12 #72787 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Hobbyzone SAFE Technology
Sounds like a reasonable setup. The manual chart for the spektrum tx's shows channel 5 should work with two levels. This tutorial has a section on setting up a three level flight mode switch.

You could post your model file for review just to be sure it's okay.

More
18 Apr 2019 02:16 #73978 by kanari
Replied by kanari on topic Hobbyzone SAFE Technology
i am using umx timber with Jumper TS8G the first one with no problem and sport cube

More
18 Apr 2019 03:32 #73979 by Ultracon
How did you program for the three flight modes and the recovery mode? I have a three position switch for the three flight modes, and a two position switch for on/off on the recovery mode. But I really can't tell if it's working properly. Don't want to fly until I think it is working. Glad to hear that the T8SG is working for you. Thanks!!

More
31 May 2019 15:47 #74438 by Brett_N
Replied by Brett_N on topic Hobbyzone SAFE Technology
To test the flight modes, you have to run the throttle up to 25% or more. That activates the gyro's on AS3X systems.

Go through the flight mode switches 1 at a time, you should get faster and more surface deflection if you roll and pitch the plane.

Testing SAFE is a different story.

I like my jumper for quads and helis and simple AFHDS-2A aircraft (park flyer foamies) but have a good DX8 for my "good airplanes" - I prefer the gimbals on the DX8 for certain planes.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds