QR Ladybird

More
10 Sep 2012 04:39 - 17 Sep 2012 19:41 #1450 by FDR
QR Ladybird was created by FDR
This is a simple indoor version. It hasn't enough craft for flipping, just cruising.

EDIT: I replaced the file, please try again...
EDIT2: Since PB changet the DEVO code to use at least 8 channels, I had to move the gyro from channel 5 to 7, but at least I made it even simpler...
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Sep 2012 19:41 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2012 05:36 #1454 by pauliu
Replied by pauliu on topic QR Ladibird
I tried this model config, i found a bit strange. When I move right stick up, the channel 1 is moving normal, but when I move right stick down, channel 1 stays at minimum all the range. Move left/right on right stick also has same problem. Not sure is it only happens on my 8s.

More
10 Sep 2012 05:42 #1455 by pauliu
The curve is something wrong...

Attachments:

More
10 Sep 2012 05:49 #1456 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic QR Ladibird
change the curve from EXPO to 1-1 and i think it will fix it...thats how i got the 6ch helicopter template to work when i loaded it for my models ...

More
10 Sep 2012 06:24 #1457 by pauliu
Yes, 1-1 is no problem. I think Expo is something wrong.

More
10 Sep 2012 08:09 #1460 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic QR Ladybird
Strange, it sould be a symmetrical expo at 30% and limited to 75% throw...
However my model data files are ancient, they have seen a lot of fw versions, so they might not be up to date, but it works for me...

More
10 Sep 2012 19:06 #1474 by FDR
I took a look into the uploaded file and it seems alright.
(There is a configured ch7 left, but it doesn't play role anymore...)
Please try to load it again to an other model, and check if it is really corrupt.
Note, that if you shut down you transmitter, or even just switch models, that will save the actual model file.

More
10 Sep 2012 19:53 #1481 by gabeo
Replied by gabeo on topic QR Ladybird
That strange curve is exactly what I was seeing with the built in 6ch template, that was causing my channels to go haywire.

More
10 Sep 2012 19:55 #1482 by FDR
If you see such strange things, please upload the model file, so we can take a look into...

More
10 Sep 2012 20:16 #1483 by gabeo
Replied by gabeo on topic QR Ladybird
FDR,

Are you saying that if you load the 6Ch Helicopter template and look at the AIL/ELE DR config, you don't see a curve like that (and consequently, incorrect channel configs)? I don't see how I could repeatedly load that template and see that issue and you not.

More
10 Sep 2012 23:16 - 11 Sep 2012 00:23 #1488 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic QR Ladybird
I used the file as well and experienced the same issue described at the beginning of the thread. Moving the scale back to 100% somehow restores the curve with symmetrical expo ...

I experienced the same thing setting up my V911. Applying expo to anything that is scaled down (not 100%) will produce the graph shown on post 1455 in this tread. So at this point expo works for 100% throw and apparently is bugged for anything that is not 100%. I'll open a separate thread as a bug report on this issue.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2012 00:23 by rototophe.

More
11 Sep 2012 04:36 #1506 by FDR
One possible reason can be, that I don't use the same version as you, because I compile and load every changset PhracturedBlue makes.
However he only resolved this tonight, and mine worked without too...
Which scale makes it wrong? The one on the expo mixer (it works for me, as I have 30% expo and 70% scale), or the final scale on the channel page (which I have on default)?

More
11 Sep 2012 04:44 #1507 by FDR
Oh, I've got it:
PhracturedBlue wrote on the RCG forum, that it only happen with the optimized build, i.e. which is in the released dfu.
I made my own simple build instead and used that, so it indeed worked for me because I have a different fw.

More
14 Sep 2012 23:56 - 15 Sep 2012 00:01 #1610 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic QR Ladybird
I am working on a more complete config for the ladybird and I have a couple question for FDR, the mixer's master :)

1 - I can't find a way to toggle between 6 and 3 axis mode on the ladybird (red led, green led). It is done in the original Walkera firmware by setting the Gyro gain to 66 for 6 axis mode and 34 for 3 axis mode. I tried to achieve this on a channel using dual rates with fixed curves, toggle with a switch between 66 and 34. I tried on channel 5 and on channel 6 with no luck, light stays steady red when I flip my switch. :huh:

2 - When defining a channel we have reverse, failsafe, safety, subtrim then we have the Min/Max line and the Scale box. I am a bit confused on how these last two interact. Lets say I want to set 150% travel up and down on one channel, do I set the scale to 150 and Min/Max to 100, or set scale to 150 and Min/Max to 150, or do I set Min and Max to 150 and scale to 100? Then once this is done I want to use the mixer to set dual rates and I wonder how does the scale in the mixer refer to what was set when defining the channel. Does 100% in the mixer covers the whole 150% I did set in the channel page? I am asking all the dumb questions at once here ...

Thanks in advance for enlighting me :P
Last edit: 15 Sep 2012 00:01 by rototophe.

More
15 Sep 2012 08:40 #1618 by FDR

rototophe wrote: 1 - I can't find a way to toggle between 6 and 3 axis mode on the ladybird (red led, green led). It is done in the original Walkera firmware by setting the Gyro gain to 66 for 6 axis mode and 34 for 3 axis mode. I tried to achieve this on a channel using dual rates with fixed curves, toggle with a switch between 66 and 34. I tried on channel 5 and on channel 6 with no luck, light stays steady red when I flip my switch. :huh:

If you take a look into mine, it is imlemented: fmod2 switches to flip mode (not that the other settings let you do a flip ;) )

It's value is not important: under 50% on the gyro channel it is stable, ove 50% it can flip.
The trick is that the gyro channel depends on the channel count: for more than 6 channels, the gyro is the 7th, for 5 and 6 channels it is the 5th.
So if you want to activate by a switch, simply make that swith as source...

rototophe wrote: 2 - When defining a channel we have reverse, failsafe, safety, subtrim then we have the Min/Max line and the Scale box. I am a bit confused on how these last two interact. Lets say I want to set 150% travel up and down on one channel, do I set the scale to 150 and Min/Max to 100, or set scale to 150 and Min/Max to 150, or do I set Min and Max to 150 and scale to 100? Then once this is done I want to use the mixer to set dual rates and I wonder how does the scale in the mixer refer to what was set when defining the channel. Does 100% in the mixer covers the whole 150% I did set in the channel page? I am asking all the dumb questions at once here ...

These values act before sending out a channel and after all the mixing is done already, except the fail safe, which is something comlpetely different.
The final order may still change, but the important thing is to understand what do they do:

- Safety: it is a switchable fix value to send to the shannel at some condition defined by the switch. I used to use it to implement throttle hold.

- Subtrim: it is always applied to the channel at the end. It is for centering a servo arm precisely.

- Scale: its the finaly scaling after all the mixing done. It can be more than 100% to suit the needed servo travel.

- Reverse: it is trivial, it reverses the channel value at the (almost) end to match the servo position.

- Min/Max: these are limits! It is for protecting the servos and/or simply limiting the range.

So if you want +-150% servo range leave the min/max at the default +-150 values, and set the scale to 150 as well (assuming that you used values up to 100% in the mixers).

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds