copy models config on a new radio need "re-bind"?

More
06 Jul 2020 09:39 - 06 Jul 2020 09:39 #76566 by atlaware
Hi,
I'm moving to a new radio (from t8sg v1 to t8sg v2 plus).
I have copy all my models to the new radio and all go ok, but I need to rebind all models to the receiver :(

It's this normal? There is a workaround? I have more than 40 models!

Protocol: AFHDS2A and DSM2/X

Thank you!
Last edit: 06 Jul 2020 09:39 by atlaware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2020 14:14 #76570 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic copy models config on a new radio need "re-bind"?
I change only the TX-Module at my Devo 12s to the 4in1-Module and i also must rebind all my models again. Any TX-Modul has something like a differnt ID.

This is an important safty function, because when you would copy a model to your buddys Transmitter and you are together at the airfield, you will get in trouble when both of you have the same binding on one Model.

More
09 Aug 2020 00:42 #76663 by Fer
In the hardware.ini file there is a line that says "txid = ". I have set all my DEVOs (three of them) on the same txid and when copying files from one to another, i don't have to bind again. It worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

More
11 Aug 2020 12:46 - 11 Aug 2020 12:46 #76672 by atlaware

Fer wrote: In the hardware.ini file there is a line that says "txid = ". I have set all my DEVOs (three of them) on the same txid and when copying files from one to another, i don't have to bind again. It worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

Hi! Thank you for your info, I'have thinked somethings about this when I have buy the new radio, but in my hardware.ini there isn't any "txid =" value... :( so I can't copy to the new radio. Maybe there is a value, but I don't know ho to get it from the old radio.

Someone have some suggestion?

Thanks!
Last edit: 11 Aug 2020 12:46 by atlaware.

More
11 Aug 2020 13:32 #76673 by Fer
Here is a copy of my hardware.ini file, so you can see where the line goes and what it looks like (use notepad++ as windows notepad corrupts the .ini files).

But... if i remember correctly, you won't avoid re-binding for one last time. First you need to set the txid value to all your DEVOs (set the same value). Then you have to bind your models to one of them. After copying the model.ini files to the other DEVO, it will be able to bind to all the models without re-binding. It has worked for me.
Attachments:

More
11 Aug 2020 14:01 #76674 by atlaware

Fer wrote: Here is a copy of my hardware.ini file, so you can see where the line goes and what it looks like (use notepad++ as windows notepad corrupts the .ini files).

But... if i remember correctly, you won't avoid re-binding for one last time. First you need to set the txid value to all your DEVOs (set the same value). Then you have to bind your models to one of them. After copying the model.ini files to the other DEVO, it will be able to bind to all the models without re-binding. It has worked for me.

Hi, I have understand what you mean and thank you. But maybe I hope to not rebind all my models, is more than 30 rx :( So, the "old" radio, with deviation without txid set in hardware.ini, have a txid, also if is not "set". Maybe a default or a "random". If I can get it in someway, I can copy it to the new radio and I can avoid rebinding.. maybe :)

Someone maybe have information on how is made "txid" if not set in hardware.ini?

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds