Devo 10 - Blade Nano S3

More
21 Jun 2021 20:59 - 21 Jun 2021 21:00 #77473 by mopatop
Devo 10 - Blade Nano S3 was created by mopatop
This configuration gives all the flight functions of the S3, including modes not accessible to the RTF transmitter. I have set this up for my preferences.

VERY IMPORTANT: Push rudder to the right while binding to enable computerised radio support

It gives the following flight modes:

FMODE0 - Stability (blue), this mode is self-levelling but has full cyclic and throttle control. There is a slight negative pitch at bottom stick.
FMODE1 - Normal (red), no self-levelling and set up like "normal mode" - with a 1-1 throttle and the same slight negative pitch below midstick.
FMODE2 - 3D (red) with 100/80/100 throttle curve.

I also set up the following switches:

ELEV D/R: Throttle Hold, I have this on this switch as I fly in pinch, you may wish to switch this to RUDD D/R in the CH1 safety settings.
GEAR: Enable "Stability Z" (green), which is like Stability (blue) except the ascent speed is capped by flight controller. This is actually very useful for flying indoors.
AILE D/R: Panic switch, also works for exiting calibration.

There is also cyclic dual rates on the MIX switch:

MIX0: 50%
MIX1: 75%
MIX2: 100%

I find this heli to be quite twitchy at first so setting lower rates is great for beginners.

Remember, you may need to calibrate the levelling modes before handing the bird off to a beginner:
  1. Set MIX2 for full rates
  2. Push left stick bottom-left, right stick bottom-right, wait for flashing blue/red
  3. Perform a stable hover and land
  4. Throw AILE D/R (panic), heli returns to Blue

This is my first time creating a model file, comments and suggestions are welcome.

VERY IMPORTANT: Push rudder to the right while binding to enable computerised radio support. If mode colours do not match up, re-bind with this method.

File Attachment:

File Name: MODEL3_202...21-2.INI
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jun 2021 21:00 by mopatop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2021 21:03 #77502 by PanKek
Replied by PanKek on topic Devo 10 - Blade Nano S3
Hi mopatop

I am trying to configure my Nano S2 with Devo 7E. I know that the S2 has a little different fly modes in relation with S3. So far I have manage to "map" the values needed in channel 5 in order to switch between three different fly modes as follows:

- A "blue light" mode (Stability Z maybe?) without gyro swash leveling and without the pitch curve values I have set in channel 6 (It seems to have it's own "slight" pitch curve. channel 5 range from +100 --> +50)
- Another "blue light" mode (Stability mode) without gyro swash moving but it uses the pitch curve values set in channel 6 (channel 5 range from +50 --> -50)
- And a "red light" mode (3D mode) with gyro swash leveling, 100% throttle and the pitch curve values set in channel 6 (channel 5 range from -50 --> -100)
(Channel 5 settings are Min Limit = -150 Max Limit= +150 and +/- scale=100)

My problem is I can't figure out where panic button is in all that channel 5 range.
Any help will be great

More
29 Jul 2021 21:12 #77503 by mopatop
Replied by mopatop on topic Devo 10 - Blade Nano S3
Stability Z should be Green. Did you hold the rudder to the right while binding your transmitter to the model? That is required to access Stability Z mode. From the sounds of it you did not, as you also need it in order to get throttle control in 3D (Red) mode.

Regardless, "panic" is +20 (I think maybe -20 on the S2). You only need the Panic switch bound in order to exit calibration, as it functions identically to entering Stability mode. You will need to attempt to calibrate the model in order to verify that the Panic switch is configured properly.

More
30 Jul 2021 20:34 #77506 by PanKek
Replied by PanKek on topic Devo 10 - Blade Nano S3
Thanks for your reply!

The Nano S2 has only blue and red led colors for the different fly modes (blue for Stability/Stability Z and red for 3D). I guess the S3 has green led for Stability Z.
Also when in 3D mode throttle is always 100% and only pitch control is possible, regardless computerized or simple transmitter.
I did hold rudder to the right when binding and the swash movement verifies computerized radio connection (it moves all the way down and then slowly up)

Anyway I tried both values (-20, +20) on channel 5 when in calibrating mode, but none of them made the S2 exit from calibration.
I am going to try other values on channel 5 close to the main fly mode limits (100, 50, -50, -100) and see what happens.

More
15 Jul 2022 01:06 #78021 by KUEH
Replied by KUEH on topic Devo 10 - Blade Nano S3
Hi I've been trying to get telemetry to work with the S3 however when I set telemetry to "On" in the ini file it does not bind correctly. The heli starts twitching uncontrollably and the tail rotor spins randomly. Once I set telemetry to "Off" everything is fine.

I'm wanting to have telemetry on so I can see the heli voltage. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds