Walkera miniCP: beginner settings

More
13 Oct 2012 00:08 - 13 Oct 2012 00:11 #2188 by marc
Walkera miniCP: beginner settings was created by marc
This beginner configuration is based on the 8k-template in the deviation user manual and on the beginner configuration by TomZ at rcgroups.
- FMode 0: Throttle max. 80, pitch curve -11 to 78, indoors or no wind.
- FMode 1: Throttle max. 86, pitch curve -35 to 87, outdoors
- (FMode 3: Throttle V-curve 81-13-81, linear pitch curve -100 to 100)
- Gyro sensitivity on Mix Switch: 63-57-47.
- Throttle hold: see mixer on ch 3.
Convenient icon must be in directory /modelico.

Marc
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Oct 2012 00:11 by marc. Reason: upload ini

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2012 17:05 #2335 by j35u5fr34k
Replied by j35u5fr34k on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
Can anyone post a model config for the Mini CP that includes a Rudder mix on the throttle? I have a CCW tail drift problem on my Mini CP that I can't seem to get right.

Thanks. If this is not the correct place to post. Please let me know and I will repost elsewhere and edit this.

Justin

More
19 Oct 2012 17:30 #2338 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
The tail drift is in my experience a bad (uncalibrated ,etc) tail motor. If you have a spare on hand it might help.

I have 6 tail motors, 4 are perfect, 1 has a cw drift, another a ccw drift. No amount of mixing helped me.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
19 Oct 2012 18:04 #2342 by j35u5fr34k
Replied by j35u5fr34k on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
Thanks for your help. I'll try a new motor since I bent the shaft installing a Genius CP tail rotor. Any advice on installing a tail rotor onto these tiny motors?

Also, what about a boom mod?

More
28 Oct 2012 10:03 #2452 by adrian_wee
Replied by adrian_wee on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
Hi, is this based on the Devo 8s or 6s?

More
02 Jan 2013 23:15 #4538 by shimadako
Replied by shimadako on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
Maybe both. It works as long as on my Devo6s.

More
03 Jan 2013 00:15 #4540 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings

adrian_wee wrote: Hi, is this based on the Devo 8s or 6s?

Hi
Model.ini are independent from TX... a model.ini create on any devo Tx works on any devo Tx.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
15 Jan 2013 21:15 #5048 by Masen72
Replied by Masen72 on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
Anyone else besides me that had problems after upgrading to Deviation 2.1.0?

I found that for Throttle mixing you can no longer have "None" as switch (or input). But I choose "FM0" instead and now it all works again.

Solo Pro 270 // Mini CP // Super CP // Devo8S

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
16 Jan 2013 06:55 #5055 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
Yes, please look here: [Forum]

More
19 Jan 2013 22:22 #5209 by Scream
Replied by Scream on topic Walkera miniCP: beginner settings
Hi!

Apparently I need to aspire to these "beginner" settings because it took me all of 2 seconds to zoom my new CP into the curtains. Stripped a servo and I had to putz around with the arm for it to start moving again . :(

100% pilot error, not blaming your config. please don't misunderstand me! Between the size of the devo and the sound of the blades whirring I guess I goofed up.

I think I tamed it down some and I've managed to get all the switches and the display to show me what I'd like, telemetry seems to work just fine as long as you enable it in the INI otherwise it never shows up in the menus? I set it to fixed ID and the telemetry works every time just fine after turning off the bird or the TX without rebinding.

IS there anyway one of you more experienced pilots can help me out? I just wanna see it hover around, no interest in 3D yet because I'm not grasping the concepts of CP. Everything that I read talks about "noobing" up the walkera software unfortunately :( I've attached what I've got so far and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I read about "training" a CP to fly like a FP but I got the brushless version from WOW and apparently you need to run a brushless 100% or nothing. I was just hoping to get it closer to "asleep", "slow" and almost "CP" using the fmod switch because having spent a lot of time with FP heli's indoors I think the higer pitch (sound) of the blades is freaking me out... I just need to hear it for more than 2 seconds without a crash and the sound of a grown man sobbing afterwards. ;)

PS -Marc, when you first started this thread you mentioned "Convenient icon must be in directory /modelico.". I had that icon with the devo when it was stock, but have lost it in my haste to upgrade to deviation. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks & Cheers!
-=S=-

Cheers!
-=S=-
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds