Problem with modelicons/hardware.ini

More
05 Jul 2017 16:23 #63311 by Skarstad
Problem with modelicons/hardware.ini was created by Skarstad
Hi!
I hope this is the right forum for my post.
I reasently got myself a Devo7e for all of my little flying machines. I have installed the a7105 module and I did the diode-mod for better range when flying outdoors. It is a very nice transmitter.
However, a few days ago, I tried to put a minivapor-modelicon in the "modelico" folder, and I started getting some problems with it.
I have put some icons in it earlier without problems, but this last icon made some problems.
It goes like this:
I put the icon in the folder, and when I want to select it (in transmitter menu), it shows the previous image and the name of my new icon, and the transmitter goes off and back on (restarts). I also discovered that the hardware file is messed up, and I can not get the a7105 module to work.
So I replaced the harware-file, and removed the minivapor-icon, and its back to normal (function ok).
My icons is converted by a online converter to 16 bit, and I thought that could be a problem. So I downloaded GIMP and used it on all my modelicons. But I still have the same problem. Now I cant even put my tiny whoop icon in the transmitter without getting either a bad hardware-file or picture not showing-and-restert-problem. Im now down to 6 icons in total, and my transmitter is running v5.0.0 firmware.
I have searched around google and this forum, and can not find the source for this problem.
Has anybody had this problem or have any idea what I could do to get some more icons in my transmitter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2017 23:27 #63448 by Anthanium
Replied by Anthanium on topic Problem with modelicons/hardware.ini
Same problem here, can't select a different icon(custom) then the default icon. Without giving a weird little error code it seems and after that it will restart.
Whenever I change the model type from plane to multi for example, the corresponding icon does appear on the "home page"

More
15 Jul 2017 16:37 #63465 by Skarstad
Replied by Skarstad on topic Problem with modelicons/hardware.ini
I think my problem was caused by a error in the hardware-file.
I just did the 3-posotion switch-mod, and could not edit the file. I could not even delete or replace it. Error messages just kept popping up.
I somehow managed to repair the file using the tips I got in the error-message, and everything seems to be working good now.

The fist time i loaded a icon-file to my devo7e, it was the wrong format, and did not even show as a picture.
So my best tip is to check the that the bmp-file has the right format (16bit, rgb565), and that the hardware-file is ok.

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds