Heli-Max Axe 100 ssl nightflight with Devo 8s

More
25 Aug 2014 06:07 - 25 Aug 2014 06:09 #25388 by StocKi
Hello, I've been trying to get this little heli of the ground with no success.

I found a setup file here on the forums for a HeliMax 100ss but can not stop the tail motor firing up so quickly and making the heli spin before spool up begins.
I've had the Devo 8s for about 3 weeks now and still learning but if anyone can help out with a setup I would be grateful.

Not sure if this is how you do it but I've uploaded the current config I'm using for that model, its in standard GUI but if it needs to be in advanced GUI then thats ok. Also anyone have any axe 100ssl icons, that would be awsomne.

Thanks in advance

-also forgot to mention that I'm waiting for a NRF module and currently using a ANYLink SLT module. hence the ppm output signal.

File Attachment:

File Name: model3.ini
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2014 06:09 by StocKi. Reason: extra info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2014 11:33 #25399 by mwm
I've got the Nine Eagles version of that Heli (which means I don't need a module), and it does that as well.

After it spins up, everything is fine. I just give it a little extra room to spin in, and then don't worry about it.

I've attached my model.ini as well, on the off chance that it might help. You'll need to change the protocol. THold is GEAR1 and is sticky. FMODE is 0 -> idle up, 1 -> restricted negative pitch, 2 -> full 3d. DR1 is a 70% rate. MIX2 resets the timer.

This is for a 6S, so you may need to adjust some of the switches.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Aug 2014 15:33 #25400 by StocKi
Hey MWM, thanks for the response,
I know what you mean with the tail starting to spin and then calming down but this one doesnt stop, it just keeps spinning and no amount of left rudder will make it stop and only slows it down a fraction.

I dont see your attachment?
Do you have the brushed solo pro 125 nightflight or the 126v2 brushless one?
So your saying I can use my Devo 8s without any module for my nine eagles 125 (I have 2 of them plus the heli-max ssl) I know helimax usues slt

I once had a setup file from a nine eagles 126 which didnt have the primary tail start up issue but had a very floaty setting ( too much expo I think ) but I've lost that file and wish I had it back now I know a little more about settings.

I'll wait for your settings to appear but idk, maybe have a go with my one and see if its my settings or maybe theres an issue with my heli.

cheers.

More
26 Aug 2014 16:11 #25401 by mwm
The attachment didn't show up? Odd. It was listed in the Attachments section. I'm trying again, so we'll see what happens.

You should be able to fly your 125's with the j6Pro protocol, which doesn't require adding a module. That protocol was used by all the nine eagles 6 channel heli's until they released the blackhawk. It may be that the BNF versions used something else (possibly SLT?). Worth a try, anyway.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2014 07:47 #25420 by StocKi
Yep the attachment showed up this time :) I've had a go with it and its still the same as my original one.

I have however tried Tom Z's setup for a nine eagles 125 and it has solved it, the tail still spins up first but only gently and no spinning. yay.

All I need now is a nice icon image of the axe ssl

File Attachment:

File Name: model7-Axe100ssl.ini
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds