Nihui U807

More
05 Jan 2016 20:21 - 06 Jan 2016 14:28 #41408 by Muskoka
Nihui U807 was created by Muskoka
Just picked this up for winter indoor flying in a school gym. Have it bound to my Devo 10 and it flies fine, but I haven't got a clue how to set anything else up. What channels would the flight modes and flip be on? I've no interest in the headless mode. I've searched here (not that you can really search here), and elsewhere, but I haven't found anything to help me out. Or, do I just have to try by trial and error? :)

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Found this in a post here...it's a start.

WLToys V6x6: Enables enhanced protocol configuration for use with WLToys 6x6 model quadcopters:
• Lights are controlled by Channel 5
• Flips are enabled by Channel 6 [does this PERFORM a flip or ENABLE a flip?]
• Camera is controlled by Channel 7
• Video is controlled by Channel 8
• Headless mode is controlled by Channel 9
• RTH function is controlled by Channel 10
Note that if these channels are assigned to a switch, turning the switch on toggles the state, and turning the switch off has no effect. Thus to turn the lights on, flip the switch assigned to Channel 5 from off to on. Flipping the switch back to off has no effect. Flipping the switch back on now turns the lights back off.

And this.....

bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/pull...nd-v912-913-915/diff

By the looks of it the "rates" I can just adjust myself, with end points and expo, they don't appear to be anything special in the stock radio. Using fmode switch, fmode0 (scale 60, expo 30), fmode1 (scale 80, expo 20, fmode2 (scale 100, expo 10), seems to be working just fine.

Figured out how to get the flips working, works very well, the flips are really tight. :)
Last edit: 06 Jan 2016 14:28 by Muskoka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2016 17:10 #42040 by Gramps50
Replied by Gramps50 on topic Nihui U807
Do you have a model.ini file you'd care to share?

Gramps

More
22 Jan 2016 12:52 #42070 by Muskoka
Replied by Muskoka on topic Nihui U807

Gramps50 wrote: Do you have a model.ini file you'd care to share?

Hi, in the end I just used a ini file that was posted here for the Estes Proto X by "mwm", and changed the protocol to Flysky v6x6.

Here's the ini I'm using, slightly modified from the Proto X file. All I'm using is the "flip" functionality. I don't use the headless mode.

File Attachment:

File Name: MODEL5.INI
File Size:8 KB
Attachments:

More
22 Jan 2016 17:24 #42084 by Gramps50
Replied by Gramps50 on topic Nihui U807
Thanks, I'm not a big headless fan either. Seems a lot of quads have been lost using it.

I took a WLToys v686 one last night and with a few tweaks got it where I could hover it inside. Haven't tried it outside flying yet. I have the 3 modes, not sure about the flip.

Gramps

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds